Profile for Anistitis > Reviews

Content by Anistitis

Anistitis "Sleep Doc" (Rotterdam)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Dyson DC29 Allergy
Dyson DC29 Allergy

5.0 out of 5 stars A Dyson at last!, 28 Jan 2012
Background house: Apartment 80m2, 2 person living (one very messy the other very clean), a hamster who lives in a cage and a british short hair who is currently malting. Kitchen used fulltime. We have no windows but rely on ventilation system throughout the house. House is throughout laminated wood flooring and carpet at the entrance and tiles for bathroom and toilet.

Ok with that background I shall describe my experience with our new dyson which we bought. We have the DC29 which comes complete with all heads for accessories. We do like the little touch ie the bag that comes with it so you can keep both manual and the vacuum accessories in it all in one place. 10/10 for the thought!

Out of box: Fairly straightforward to assemble. Recommend reading the manual first to see which bits connects to what. Good idea to do that first since it is not your average vacuum cleaner.

Test: Very good maneouvreability! Easy to negotiate places. Can't complain. Try to go underneath the sofa. Lots better than the other vacuum we have. Doesn't tilt upwards and stay on the ground most of the time (the head). Head as per most standard vacuum - for carpets and for flat surfaces. Easily adjustable. Good, even in fact, excellent suction power. Fiance extremely impressed with the once vacuum cat hair removal from our cheap klippan Ikea sofa where the cat preferred sitting place. So good that there was almost another cat that lived in the suction vacuum after vacuuming the entire place. Vacuum not too heavy to lug about perfectly fine by me. Height adjustable. There's a release valve which allows you to adjust suction power. It's right under your finger where you hold it to control the vacuum cleaner. House extremely clean.

Cables: no problems. Long enough. Trippable value: High if you are that sort or not really if you vacuum in an orderly manner.

Noise: As per any vacuum. It's not quiet but then I don't expect it to be quiet. My other half can still hear me shouting over the vacuum. Cat not afraid of the thing.

Size: This is not the smallest but certainly lives fairly happy in our storage cupboard.

Overall opinion: Fiance was not convinced with the Dyson hype but now a convert. I am just an ecstatic happy bunny. We owned a Simens before this and Dyson has beat this hands down.

Please Look After Mother
Please Look After Mother
by Kyŏng-suk Sin

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but...., 5 Jan 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The basis to this book: regret, love and wish that you can change things. It is relatively good book. DOes make you appreciate what you actually know about your own parents. Solid story and narration. But for me, what bring it down is:

i) It is a Korean book which has been translated. The translation in style of Korean writing somehow did not transgress to me. I can see what the author is trying to convey but after a while I became very irritated with the style
ii) I understand the Eastern culture very much so and thus it has that slight preponderance to dron on and on about it. If you like that sort of thing (clearly exhibited in mostly Eastern films about mother/father/family) then is ok but to me it gets fairly repetitive.

It is a sad book. So if you want something cheerful maybe this is not the one to read.

Keeping Chickens For Dummies (UK Edition)
Keeping Chickens For Dummies (UK Edition)
by Pammy Riggs
Price: 11.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 5 Jan 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book was reviewed on behalf of a friend who keeps chicken! (I don't but help to do so) This book is so far far better than the other keeping chicken guide book she has read. Picture and useful information. Full of little tips, and clear instructions. Books is divided in clear separate sections ie how to set the pen for the chicken, what type of chicken breed should you have etc etc She is a complete novice when it comes to chicken keeping and personally wished that she had bought this book first (rather than listening to me garb about it and she ended up borrowing this book from me and have yet to return it back)

So for novices in chicken keeping out there, I would recommend this book as your first one!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely big box!, 16 Dec 2011
I love this sewing box. It is cheerful and colourful. Solid and nice to hold. Can fit lots and lots of stuff in it which is super! 3-4 pair of scissors, assortments of buttons, thread, needle, bits and bobs needed for sewing. Very handy. I love the elasticated bit to fit in fiddly droppy things. Overal a decent good looking sewing box. Recommended

Remington AC5011 Pearl Pro Ionic AC Hair Dryer
Remington AC5011 Pearl Pro Ionic AC Hair Dryer
Offered by Ukdapper
Price: 33.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 16 Dec 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A lot of gimmick as I personally think a hair dryer is a hair dryer especially to dry it with hair like mine. BUT the plus points are it does make it not as frizzy as bog standard hair dryer (this meaning cheap ones and ones from the hotel bathroom!). It also quite powerful and easy to hold. Hair is dry pretty much within 10 minutes (i have thick mop of hair). So if you are looking for a decent hair dryer then I would recommend this.

You're Hired! CVs, Interview Answers and Psychometric Tests
You're Hired! CVs, Interview Answers and Psychometric Tests
by Stephan Lucks
Price: 15.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 16 Dec 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you like to get one book for a job interview then I would recommend this. It is very generic so it is possible one might dish this book off. However it is very informative and full of useful advice and general tip. A bit cumbersome to read between the lines but in general good enough to start of with.

Torches
Torches
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 6.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Good vibration!, 22 Oct 2011
This review is from: Torches (Audio CD)
I got hooked into Foster the People after listening to Pumped up Kicks and Helena Beat. So off I go to get their CD and I am not disappointed.

Foster the People has a lot of drum arrangement, guitar bashing and ecelectic mix featured in most of their songs.I personally love the drum beat arrangement at the start of the songs, in the middle and everywhere! It reminded me a lot - of sunshine, sitting on a grass or on a beach on a beauty day which music like this playing at the back. It has such a good vibe feel to it. I can see why some people say the music is almost bland and similar as the drum arrangement is featured prominently in all their songs and if you are not paying attention to each music it does sound almost as if it is the same. But it is not. It is I suppose their music style.

It's not strictly dance music - one of the song reminds me of Basement Jaxx but nothing like theirs! Then you listen again and you think you are listening to Scissor Sisters but with a punch. And at some stage you get reminded of the happy vibrations you get listening to Shapeshifters Incredible.

The vocals are both female and male and I do like that.

CD is good - good vibe, good feelings, punchy and reminds you of a warm outdoor sessions. However stay away from Foster the People if you don't like loud music.

Liverpool Rain
Liverpool Rain
Price: 15.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 22 Oct 2011
This review is from: Liverpool Rain (Audio CD)
Racoon is one of the best thing that come out of the Netherlands (perhaps after cheese and stroopwafel). This is not their debut album and certainly it's one of their best and strongest album. I first heard of Racoon from their superb song Love You More in their previous album but never really investigated what/who they were. However with the track No Mercy which came out from this album, I thought I would explore their music.

Listening to their tracks, it reminds you a mixture of british indie/american rock-folk pop or perhaps it's just Racoon. The band consists of Bart van der Weide who is the lead vocals, Stefan de Kroon, Dennis Huige and Paul Bukkens. Personally I think the lead vocal is an excellent singer. The music has a lot of guitar string arrangement which is fairly prominent in their songs - be it ballad, grungy or rock. The strings sets and tone down their music down (whereby I described it to be "folksy" like though I know it is not strictly true)

2014 has a lovely guitar string to begin with and beautiful flow getting into the track. So simple and yet fairly memorising. No Mercy is much more punchy with a mixture of rock/sax combination. Took a Hit is one of my favourites. Again very punchy, beautiful string arrangement together with guitar string at the beginning. You can have a sneak peak on their official video which I think it's quite nice (all words - haven't seen a video like that for a while). Liverpool Rain is rather memorising beautiful ballad.

The quality of the recording is superb and certainly having the London Chamber Orchestra which featured in this album added punch and dimension to their music.

Overall I would heartly recommended this album. It is a shame that they are not well known outside of the Netherlands as I think they are such a good band. They deserve a listen to.

Small Adventures in Cooking (New Voices in Food)
Small Adventures in Cooking (New Voices in Food)
by James Ramsden
Price: 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 21 Oct 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Nice size book. Difficult though to keep the section you want to read through open for long period. Recipes are rather "adventurous". Author takes pride to doing a bit of twist into his recipes. I quite like the cupboard ingredient recipe section although I don't actually have most of his cupboard ingredient. Tried two recipes. Comes out reasonably well and not technically difficult. A nice enough book.

Tax Handbook 2011/12 (Which? Essential Guides)
Tax Handbook 2011/12 (Which? Essential Guides)
by Tony Levene

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 21 Oct 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am not very good with taxes and tax return. This book provided good basis and guide to taxes. Sections are divided quite systematically so you can find things quickly. Relevant only for the current climate. Recommended for those who are like me not very versed in taxes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17