Profile for Anistitis > Reviews

Content by Anistitis

Anistitis "Sleep Doc" (Rotterdam)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Trespass Dripdrop Unisex Rain Suit - Gerbera, 12/18 Months
Trespass Dripdrop Unisex Rain Suit - Gerbera, 12/18 Months

5.0 out of 5 stars Great outfit, 28 Nov. 2013
The 12-18 mths size fits well on our 10 months old girl. We used it to pick her up from childminder with her sitting at the back of the bike. Keeps her lovely and warm. Fleeced up the top half, well elasticated, windproof and hooded. In combination with elasticated fleeced booties it is a superb winter outdoor essentials.

Baby Polar Gear Booster Seat
Baby Polar Gear Booster Seat

5.0 out of 5 stars A star winner for us, 28 Nov. 2013
We used this booster seat for our 3 week holiday in Dubai and Malaysia. Our little girl is 9 months old (she is a tall girl) before we left but she has been sitting on her highchair at home to eat since she was 6 months old. So we were not overtly concerned but we never ever left her on her own in this seat strapped to a chair. She can be lively and get excited but never attempted to slip out nor try to push/kick or stand up. She does however know eating time is time to sit down and eat (well may well change in the next few months maybe!). Anyway wth the background, we have a very lightweight, well supported booster seat which fit onto most chairs that we have tried strapping it to. It is better if the chair has lower back support to give a better back support to the seat but if your child sits still and expect not to sit for long period, then it is ok as long as you keep an eye on it. Long period for us *maybe differ from you* is longer than 20 minutes. Easy to clean with damp cloth, doesn't leave a stain and very mobile. The seat doesn't sink down and for the price it is an excellent buy.

Playshoes Unisex Baby Waterproof Rain Footies with Fleece Lining
Playshoes Unisex Baby Waterproof Rain Footies with Fleece Lining
Price: £8.99 - £26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars warm in the cold, 28 Nov. 2013
Bought the pink ones for our little 10 month old princess. She hates anything on her feet but this stays on. We use it primarily to complement her onesie outdoor outfit and she sits at the back of the bike coming back from the childminder. Her feet has always stay warm when getting home despite the cold and rain in the last few days. Excellent product.

Weaning Made Easy: All you Need to Know About Traditional Feeding and Baby-Led Weaning - get the Best of Both Worlds
by Rana Conway

5.0 out of 5 stars Jolly good, 23 Jun. 2013
I wanted a rough overview on weaning and there are many books out there. I have GF contented little baby book which also incoporate a bit on weaning but I find it not enough for the whole concept. I chose this as I wanted an overview and I really like the book. So much so nthat I have not bother getting any other weaning book.

This book is beautifully divided into sections - first the background on weaning, then the theory and recommendations. What I like best is the non-pushy which way you should go method but rather explaining which method can be used and the pros and cons of each. It also includes opinions and experiences from parents with the babies. Then it goes on to the different stages of weaning age and what can be first started with. The author gives basic recipes and some tips but it is NOT a recipe book. So for those parents who are looking to see what they can make for their babies this is not the book. I love cooking myself and relatively level headed ie I know what my baby's ability to eat thus I make the food for her within the realms of the recommendation of the author. For some I can understand it can be daunting and perhaps best guided completely but for me I enjoy having my little one experimenting to what we eat at home rather than giving her food which we don't tend to eat ourselves. We have now gone to baby rice, pears, apples, bananas, strawberries, cherry tomatoes, peas, brocolli, mashed potatoes and cauliflower over the period of 3 weeks. It gives a good overview of a meal planner for the different stages.

I do like this book and highly recommended if you are looking for an overview of weaning and how to get on with it. But definte no-no for those looking very specific things what to give to their children at which stage as it gives a broader advise (which I personally like!)

NUK First Choice+ 150ml Bottle with 0-6mths Latex Teat (1 pack)
NUK First Choice+ 150ml Bottle with 0-6mths Latex Teat (1 pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank goodness for NUK, 23 Jun. 2013
My little madam used to take tommee tippee bottles and AVENT. Then refuses AVENT and stuck to TT bottles. Then when she hits 10 weeks she point blank refuses all bottles completely. So after trying 2 other makes, I went looking on then net and it seems the NUK is a firm contender for stubborn breastfed babies refusing the bottle. This was so far the only bottle she lets me put into her mouth compared to the rest (yet she till spits the milk out and refuses to drink) However, after 2 weeks persisting with my LO and a week return to work, she finally takes the bottle!! Hoorah!!! Easy to clean, light and is as good as any other make in terms of durability. The latex teat is soft and she clearly prefers the latex to the silicone (I have also NUK with silicone teat). The cap is also easy to take off. The hole from the teat is on the side so careful when shaking the bottle.

OXO Tot Baby Food Freezer Tray
OXO Tot Baby Food Freezer Tray

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 23 Jun. 2013
I must say I love these trays. I have 4 of them and they are brilliant. I don't have any trouble getting the frozen food out and they do pop out relatively easily (there is a knack to it but it's not as easy as ice cube tray but it still comes out and you have to push it in then out with your fingers) I have placed pureed pear, pureed brocolli, pureed cauliflower, pureed apple, pureed peas and mashed potatoes. The lid keeps it clean. Tray is sturdy. Recommended!

Dermatology at a Glance
Dermatology at a Glance
by Mahbub M. U. Chowdhury

4.0 out of 5 stars As it says - at a glance, 16 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you are looking for more detailed dermatology book then this is not one you should get. But if you would like to have a starter to give an overview of a vast subject this is a good start. The one thing very important in dermatology is pictures and this book has fairly decent picture.

The other bit which I like is the history taking and the succint bit on approaching the subject.

A good starting point for non-specialist medical personel, medical students and nurses alike.

Catherine Lansfield 90 x 108-inch Plain Faux Silk Pencil Pleat Curtains, Jade
Catherine Lansfield 90 x 108-inch Plain Faux Silk Pencil Pleat Curtains, Jade
Offered by Linens Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 12 May 2013
For the price you cannot expect too much thus for the product+price I will have to give it a 5 star. The material looks like silk. The colour on the website is slightly deceptive as it looks bluey but it does state Jade which means it is more greeny. It is thus more azure blue (greeny colour). It is thinly lined thus let through light (about 50% or so) It is soft and machine washable. Length is longer than for my window but perfect as I can sew it up.

Red Kite Sleeptight Travel Cot (Black)
Red Kite Sleeptight Travel Cot (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended!, 12 May 2013
The high rating reviews are not disappointing! Product delivers: very compact indeed, easy to assemble(and to fold away), sturdy and safe for the little one and indeed comes with a mattress. The mattress is very thin - more like going out camping underlay! But add some duvets as mattress, then it is good enough. My daughter took to it well and slept in it for an hour for her afternoon nap. I have no experience with older babies or babies who can already climb out but mine is 15 weeks old and it is perfect as playpen in the living room and as our holiday portable cot!

Catherine Lansfield Kids Dino Curtains - Multi
Catherine Lansfield Kids Dino Curtains - Multi

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 May 2013
We just moved into our new house. Desperate for curtain. We have fresh apple green coloured wall and this was perfect for our bedroom (the master bedroom!) Thus it is not only for children's bedroom! It is lined, not completely see through but still let light in and easy to care for and certainly we might not bother getting a made to measure one for a little while. Highly recommended!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18