Profile for Alan. > Reviews

Content by Alan.

Alan.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Operation Devil's Fire (Sgt. Dunn Novels Book 1)
Operation Devil's Fire (Sgt. Dunn Novels Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Had to leave it aside, reluctantly., 22 May 2016
I'm afraid I find myself unable to continue reading this book, even though the storyline seems a good one. My difficulty is that in order to suspend my disbelief the characters need to fit their roles. The English nurse who seems to be being developed as a key character says that she could "use a cup of coffee" and that somebody did something "right out of school". I wonder how it was that editors or proof readers didn't pick these and numerous other similar inconsistencies up. We even had a reference to thinking outside the box, an expression whose origins are later and which wasn't going to be in common usage for many years.

Sorry. A good story, I'm sure, but every few pages I read something of that sort and find the character responsible dissolving in my mind because these are expressions they couldn't have known.

Mens Classic Sand Suede Desert Boots UK 8
Mens Classic Sand Suede Desert Boots UK 8
Offered by The Slippers Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 13 Mar. 2016
Too small, maybe they'll break in.

Berlin: Day Zero
Berlin: Day Zero

2.0 out of 5 stars Well written and reflects the era it's set in very ..., 9 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Berlin: Day Zero (Kindle Edition)
Well written and reflects the era it's set in very well, but the plot is fantastical beyond belief. I won't spoil it for others by explaining, I'll just say that when they reach the dentists chair they may understand what I mean, it's ridiculous.

RDL M100 DUAL COIN £1 & £2 DIGITAL PREPAYMENT ELECTRIC METER 100AMP
RDL M100 DUAL COIN £1 & £2 DIGITAL PREPAYMENT ELECTRIC METER 100AMP

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 Oct. 2015
Does the job and is easy to programme.

Don't Treat the Joke as a Job!
Don't Treat the Joke as a Job!

4.0 out of 5 stars informative and funny. Written by an ex-cop with a sense of ..., 2 Oct. 2015
Entertaining, informative and funny. Written by an ex-cop with a sense of humour. He comes across as the kind of cop who wears sandals on his days off, probably with socks though.

I particularly liked the bits concerning the royals, some unexpected insights there. Well worth a read. One thing though, no Brit could actually be called Scott Reddington surely? Sounds far too American to me. I bet he's really a Terry or a Bert.

Sunncamp AC46801 Folding Stainless Steel Toaster - Silver
Sunncamp AC46801 Folding Stainless Steel Toaster - Silver
Offered by camping-online ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars I will just try to buy a better mesh and fit that, 9 Aug. 2015
I've used it perhaps a dozen times and holes have begun to burn in the mesh. I had a similar one before and used it everyday for years till the frame was knackered, which is why I replaced it.

I won't send this one back as the frame is still OK. I will just try to buy a better mesh and fit that. Obviously I was using this one in exactly the same way as I did the old one. It seems as though no testing has been done with the mesh over a flame.

Miele S6220 2000 Watt Cat and Dog Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, Tayberry Red
Miele S6220 2000 Watt Cat and Dog Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, Tayberry Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless at lifting pet hairs from carpets., 29 July 2015
We've had this for several years now. At first it seemed to lift pet hairs from our carpets very well, we liked it a lot. It still works but now it's no better at collecting pet hair than any other vacuum we've had. I can't explain that, we've maintained it, changed bags, filters etc. but it's no good now. It's far too expensive for what it does and devalues the Miele name.

Bright Spark Toaster
Bright Spark Toaster

1.0 out of 5 stars I had a mesh one which was quicker and better but after 5 or 6 years the mesh burned ..., 22 July 2015
This review is from: Bright Spark Toaster (Automotive)
Makes toast, eventually. But it's very, very slow. Takes several minutes each side and the bread isn't evenly toasted.

I had a mesh one which was quicker and better but after 5 or 6 years the mesh burned through. I ordered another mesh one but it was very badly made and unsafe to handle due to many fine bits of wire from the mesh sticking out ready to prong my fingers.

Will look for a well made mesh one to replace this and probably then dump it.

Edit: Tried it again this morning. The only part of this useless thing that heats up enough to make toast is the handle, be careful if you do buy one. But better not, it's completely useless, just a waste of money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2015 1:02 PM BST

Mens Champion Glen Country Clothing Padded Quilt Lined Fleece Jacket Navy XL
Mens Champion Glen Country Clothing Padded Quilt Lined Fleece Jacket Navy XL
Offered by Boston Cothing

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a nice jacket though quite bulky, 20 July 2015
Using the sizing information the first one I got was too big. Sent it back and got a smaller size which fits well. It's a nice jacket though quite bulky.

Regatta Men's Crossfell II Zip-off Walking Trousers Roasted Brown 38 Waist | 29 Length

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 July 2015