Profile for Christian Lowensprung > Reviews

Content by Christian Lowe...

Christian Lowensprung (TRONDHEIM Norway)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
TOP GEAR - Staffel 9
TOP GEAR - Staffel 9
Offered by zoreno-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the doctor ordered, 13 April 2015
This review is from: TOP GEAR - Staffel 9 (DVD)
Yes, Top Gear fans, THIS is season 9 of Top Gear, on DVD. I was a bit sceptical at first, since this seemed to be quite "german." But I ordered it nonetheless. The cover of the DVD is all in german language, but once I put the DVD in I got to choose between English original language, and german dubbed language, so yes, this is Top Gear season 9. Good quality picture on par with the other seasons released on DVD, and the sound is excellent (yes I am indeed talking about the english audio on this DVD.) So this is top notch blast from the past Top Gear stuff. Now that the show seems to have been R.I.P.ed off by the BBC because of some internal affairs, there really should be no excuse to get this if you are a fan. Season 9 is one of the best seasons, so go ahead, you owe it to yourself to get this one.

Chewed Corners
Chewed Corners

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the U-ziq I remember, 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Chewed Corners (Audio CD)
This is a surprise. Yes this is electronica music on the verge of being similar to Zomby, and would be ok if the artist name was "insert random electronica artist name" <<here, but this is U-ziq we're talking about. And I don't know about you guys, but I think Zomby handles these short snippets better than U-ziq tries to do here. And I am a bit frustrated too: This is the man who made me realize that Aphex Twin is not the only king of electric beats. Not by a long shot. Not only was U-ziq's previous album Duntisbourne Abbots Soulmate Devastation Technique the best album by him, but it is also one of the best albums I've ever heard across all genres of music. So of course I was hesitant when buying this album, but I must say I am shocked. From the masterpiece that was DASDT, to this. Cheap clap sounds, short thrills here and there, but almost all the tracks in this album are forgettable at best. There are a couple of tracks on it that stand out as above average, but I must say, Chewed Corners feels as a half hearted performance. But I am a fan, so of course this album goes in with all the rest of U-ziq's brilliant works. But DASDT has already gotten a few scratches from me retrieving the CD, and putting it back in my collection again. This CD will only collect dust. Ah well, everybody's got to earn a buck I suppose, and I guess the great U-ziq is no exception to this fact.

d'Demonstrator
d'Demonstrator

1.0 out of 5 stars One of Squarepusher's finest drunken moments., 1 Oct. 2012
This review is from: d'Demonstrator (Audio CD)
I can't believe that this album is made by the same dude that made Ufabulum. The cover is nice. The CD however sounds like somebody who's made music while drunk, close to it, or maybe even worse. The singing is abysmal, and the music is half hearted at best. Actually, I'd never actually thought I'd say this, being a fan of Squarepusher that I am. But ehem, "Squarepusher, this sucks man!!" The whole album sounds like songs released in their demo state. If the artist name was by some unknown electronica artist called"Drunken Bastard", then I'd maybe not trash this album as I am now doing. But from Squarepusher I expect better than this. The past "Go Plastic" and the present "Ufabulum" are both outstanding pieces of art. So why this drivel was even released as an album and stamped as being from the one and only Squarepusher, is beyond me. Enough said, avoid this album at all costs!

Dark Souls - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Dark Souls - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by bnhlmt

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Dark Souls, sequal please., 25 Feb. 2012
I'll just join the crowd. Thank you Dark Souls for a wonderful 3 months it took to play through the game, 2 times. Thank you for bringing back the gamer feel (for me) once again, and thank you for an incredible experience that I haven't had since the first months playing World of Warcraft (back in 2004.) Thank you.

Fable 2 : Classics (Xbox 360)
Fable 2 : Classics (Xbox 360)
Offered by Fuzion

5.0 out of 5 stars Please, don't read the 1 stars., 5 Oct. 2010
This game really just continues where number 1 left off. You get the same amount of quality that you got from number 1, but more of it to be honest. Plus you also get to have man's best friend with you (a dog.) Fable 2 really is a no brainer. Because with Fable 2 you get variances of the same atmospheric music, more of the fun lovable gameplay, and an incredible "new" world that responds to your character's every move. So, please don't listen to the people who complain. Get this game, and I can guarantee you that for this low price, you WILL NOT be disappointed.

Collateral Defect
Collateral Defect

5.0 out of 5 stars These guys never let down, 11 July 2010
This review is from: Collateral Defect (Audio CD)
I've been a fan of Graveworm since I discovered them. Great technical death metal, with very well structures songs. They are hard as hell, without going down the road of being down right ridiculous. In this CD, they deliver once again. Although not their hardest entry, the CD is very varied and show how talented Graveworm really are as they do different things on each song. The cover of "I need a Hero" is fun and enjoyable. There are also other headbang songs which have true Graveworm quality. But the song that really stands out, is the end song "memories". Not a hard rock song, but an acoustic guitar masterpiece which alone is enough reason to buy this CD. Highly recommended purchace.

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (PC)
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (PC)
Offered by * The Game Monkey *

1.0 out of 5 stars Does nothing new. A WoW clone., 15 Oct. 2009
Uhm. I bought this cheap, as I too am tired of World of Wacraft. But this game, is nothing new. In fact, they have copy pasted almost everything from WoW, and transferred it to the Warhammer world. So much so that it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I didn't bother much beyond lvl 2. I had seen enough already then. You can say what you want about the WoW clone Age of Conan, but at least it did something new for the genre.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2010 2:21 PM BST

City Clubbing Vol.2
City Clubbing Vol.2
Offered by westworld-

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 28 July 2009
This review is from: City Clubbing Vol.2 (Audio CD)
Elbee Bad sings "whatever you may do in life, do not stop the dance."

I bought this CD, because the first collection is some of the best collections of electronic music I have ever heard in my life. Yes, seriously.
Well, Elbee Bad is probably a bit embarrassed to be in this collection, and not the first one because the 4 CDs in here are pure garbage. Some of the tracks are at best halfhearted, while most of the music is terrible. I have never actually experienced that the first compillation was GREAT, and second was BARF. But there you have it.

I sing: "whatever you may do in life, don't buy this CD."

City Clubbing Paris (4CD)
City Clubbing Paris (4CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure electronica heaven, 28 July 2009
This CD is pure bliss. 4 CDs packed with incredible, innovative, and danceable tracks for, yes, dancing, or just listening heaven. IDM, dance, house, and a bit of trip hop: It is all here.

This CD should be on every DJs lips in 2009, because these CDs are incredible, and for a ridiculously low price. MUST BUY!

No One Said You Didn't
No One Said You Didn't
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice. Different., 14 July 2009
This review is from: No One Said You Didn't (Audio CD)
This CD is the sort of IDM music which is refreshing. Many IDM artists, including Autechre choose now to throw the beats all over the place. So much so that it is a chaotic mess, with little room for any theme or notes.

So what this artist does is somewhat amazing: He chooses to go with the 1, 2, 3, 4 beat, which is generally straight forward, and throw the notes around instead. This makes for a very interesting listening experience indeed. You may think it sounds dreadful, but in fact it is very refreshing. Not all of it is complitely random, and there is a clever way that some notes actually appear several times. Some songs really makes you want to dance. The whole CD has a very "army, machinery" feel to it, and not all the tracks are amazing. But the few tracks that are amazing, is worth the CD purchase alone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7