Profile for M. E. Lea > Reviews

Content by M. E. Lea

M. E. Lea "colobusbabe" (Redhill, Surrey)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Rowenta Focus DZ5045 Steam Iron, 130 g Shot Of Steam, 2300 Watts
Rowenta Focus DZ5045 Steam Iron, 130 g Shot Of Steam, 2300 Watts

5.0 out of 5 stars Rowenta Focus Steam Iron DZ5045, 5 Aug. 2011
This was bought as a birthday present for my son-in-law. He likes his shirts to look immaculate and this has been just the job. I have had two Rowenta irons in my life. The second, my current one, is a similar model and I have always been pleased with them. I do a lot of sewing which means a lot of seam flattening and the pointed shaped end of the iron is ideal for this.

How to Grow Winter Vegetables
How to Grow Winter Vegetables
by Charles Dowding

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Charles Dowding hit!, 5 Aug. 2011
I am very pleased with the clarity of this book. I love gardening but am a comparative newcomer to vegetable growing, always my husband's responsibility but mine now. Step by step, Dowding guides you as to how to structure your soil, your patch and gives you a calendar for planting so that basically you can use your vegetable patch for nearly the whole year. The no-dig method is also explained - very useful as heavy digging is now out of the question for me!

Belkin Retractable Mini Mouse, Silver / Black
Belkin Retractable Mini Mouse, Silver / Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin retractable mouse, 12 Mar. 2011
I have used this with my mini notebook while away on holiday or working wirelessly in cramped spaces. For that purpose it is absolutely on the button. It took a little while to get used to its size but I found it responsive to touch and easy to use on uneven surfaces. It fits neatly into my bag together with the other components I carry around. I would recommend it for the use I have described because it is exactly what I needed. This is value for money.

Best-Step Anti-Fatigue Foam Flooring
Best-Step Anti-Fatigue Foam Flooring
Offered by SUNVIS STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Best-step anti-fatigue foam flooring, 15 Jan. 2011
This was the "best step" solution for me for two reasons: I needed a lightweight filler for three manhole covers as we need to lift them frequently, not a standard use I agree but it has worked; and I needed a softer area to work in the garage. I am very pleased with this product on both counts. It was very easy to put together and to cut to size.

BRAND NEW BLACK FLIP NOKIA 2720 FOLD GENUINE UK SIM FREE UNLOCKED NO LOGOS NO NETWORK BRANDING MOBILE PHONE WITH ACCESSORIES BOXED AND A TWO YEAR NOKIA WARRANTY DELIVERED BY COURIER - GIFT IDEA

5.0 out of 5 stars Nokia 2720 fold phone, 14 Dec. 2010
This is, to date, the most expensive phone I have ever bought. I only want a phone to speak to people - no music, downloads etc! - and, as it is always in my handbag, a phone that had a cover to protect the screen. This phone absolutely hits the spot. It is easy to use and I have even been able to text with it, not something I particularly do often, but it is useful. The buttons are responsive and the numbers easy to read.

TOOL RACK, EXTRA LONG x 2
TOOL RACK, EXTRA LONG x 2
Offered by Just Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Tool racks, extra long, 4 Nov. 2010
I love these!! The new shed went up in a day and the racks in the last half hour. Everything went back very tidily on these sturdy racks. This is value for money.

SET OF 2 GARAGE TIDY RACKS: Garden Tools Storage Wall Rack Shelf Basket
SET OF 2 GARAGE TIDY RACKS: Garden Tools Storage Wall Rack Shelf Basket

5.0 out of 5 stars Garage tidies, 4 Nov. 2010
So far I have only put up one of these but have a designated spot for the other. This has turned out to be useful inasmuch as one can take the basket with one into the garden. It has cleared the shed of smaller items which tend to get lost among the debris.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Algon Organic Algae Cleaner, 4 Nov. 2010
I used this to clean down the greenhouse glass both inside and outside. Moss was growing around the panes and there was a greenish film over some of them. The moss was dead and removeable within four days and the mould on the glass is gradually being washed off by the rain. So I am very pleased with this product.

Gardman Greenhouse Rainwater Kit 8877
Gardman Greenhouse Rainwater Kit 8877
Offered by Trendi

5.0 out of 5 stars Rainwater kit, 17 Sept. 2010
I wasn't sure whether to buy this item or not because I would have to adapt it to my existing, rather old greehhouse. As it was selling for an extremely good price I felt I couldn't lose out much. However, with a little tweaking it has worked a treat and now I have a 120 litre water butt up and running! I am very pleased.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2014 6:02 PM BST

CorningWare Dimensions Round Casserole 0.8L
CorningWare Dimensions Round Casserole 0.8L

5.0 out of 5 stars Corningware 0.8L round casserole, 12 Jun. 2010
I have had this sort of cookware for many years. I love the space age technology of it (the tiles on the outside of the Apollo spacecraft) and its versatility. I love the fact that it can go from freezer to hob or oven directly and oven to water without cracking. Now I have found a new source for it, I shall be decluttering!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3