Profile for Sandy > Reviews

Content by Sandy

Sandy

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm totally in agreement with the other reviewers. This ..., 24 Nov 2014
I'm totally in agreement with the other reviewers. This looks small, cheap and nasty and, to add insult to injury, needs an adaptor in order to work. Very disappointing.

Tacwise 140EL Electric Stapler/Nailer
Tacwise 140EL Electric Stapler/Nailer

5.0 out of 5 stars and hadn't enjoyed the experience, 30 Aug 2014
I bought the tacker to fix plastic fencing on a wood frame surrounding our vegetable beds. I'd previously done the job with a manual staple gun, and hadn't enjoyed the experience, being left with a very sore hand and a large number of staples only halfway into the wood. This tacker did the job easily in 10% of the time and left a very neat finish. Now looking for other stapling jobs that need doing.....it's that good!

Acre Valley Memory Foam Mattress Topper 2Ft6 - 3Ft - 4Ft - 4Ft6 - 5Ft / 1 Inch 2 Inch 3 Inch Thickness: 1 Inch (2.5 Cm) Size: 4Ft6 - Double

2.0 out of 5 stars I happily ordered this one to use on a folding bed ..., 30 Aug 2014
Having previously bought a similar topper for our campervan from a different supplier, I happily ordered this one to use on a folding bed for a friend who was coming to visit. I left it sealed in its packaging while we drove to the south of France. When I opened it, I was a little shocked to find it had been carelessly cut along one edge in a ragged and untidy way. I might have done a similar job using my teeth - quite a contrast to the previous topper I mentioned which was neatly cut square and straight. The foam itself is fine, but a poor standard of finish.

Bodymould 2" Small double - 4ft - Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Bodymould 2" Small double - 4ft - Memory Foam Mattress Topper

5.0 out of 5 stars and made the bed infinitely more comfortable folding away neatly on top of the seat during ..., 30 Aug 2014
I bought this to use in our campervan, which has quite a hard mattress. It's neatly cut, unlike a similar topper I'd bought, and made the bed infinitely more comfortable folding away neatly on top of the seat during the day. We're both really pleased with this topper and, I'm happy to say, there hasn't been any difficulty with the smell of the foam - barely noticeable and not unpleasant!

iSpy Cameras
iSpy Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars endlessly interesting, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: iSpy Cameras (App)
There's a real fascination for me in looking at scenes from around the world at different times of day. Some bizarre locations, some picturesque, but unexpectedly interesting to watch early morning walkers, the waves coming into distant harbours or snow falling unexpectedly not far away. Much better than TV.

Address Unknown
Address Unknown
by Kathrine Kressmann Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars A seminal book, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Address Unknown (Hardcover)
First heard as a radio play, this book is compelling reading. It casts so much light on the reasons for the rise of Nazism in post WW1 Germany in a gripping story told through correspondence between two former business partners. Immensely clever, affecting and just plain brilliant.

HT04 2-in-1 Garden 18V Multi-Tool Cordless Hedge Trimmer and Branch Cutter
HT04 2-in-1 Garden 18V Multi-Tool Cordless Hedge Trimmer and Branch Cutter

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasure to use, 13 July 2013
This is the first cordless garden tool I've bought. I was doubtful, as reviews of all cordless outdoor equipment seems to range from highly complimentary to near abusive!
I bought this because we have some high hedges and I'm getting too old to trim at the top of a wonky ladder. I have a Gtech cleaner which works very well - hence the choice of this one.
It arrived pretty quickly and didn't take long to assemble and charge the battery. After several sessions I remain very pleasantly surprised by how light and efficient the trimmer is - haven't tried the branch cutter yet. I still have to stand on a bench for our highest hedges, but that's all! the Trimmer is versatile, quiet (sounds like a sewing machine) and nicely made. It's turned a job I almost dreaded into one I don't mind doing. A charge seems to last around 40 minutes, which is great. I used the trimmer to mow down a large patch of shoulder-high nettles at the back of our garden and it did a very neat job.
Well-made, pleasing bit of equipment. Highly recommended,

Ryobi 18V One Plus Line Trimmer (discontinued by manufacturer)
Ryobi 18V One Plus Line Trimmer (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great trimmer....pity I didn't read carefully enough, 13 July 2013
I ordered this trimmer in a bit of a hurry, having given up trying to start my 2-stroke petrol strimmer. It's actually great - really well designed and easy to use. I've done 2 sessions with it, getting about 25 minutes' use the first time and, hopefully more this time - still some charge left. The edging facility is really very good, by the way.
I bought this from Cutio, and the delivery time was fine. However, I hadn't picked up from their ad that the trimmer came without a battery, so I was a bit disappointed when it arrived. I bought a battery elsewhere, and all's fine. Two points (bearing in mind, it's probably my own fault). Often Ryobi tools are described clearly as 'bare' if they come less a battery...this makes it clearer. Secondly had I bought with a battery from an alternative supplier, I could have paid rather less than I did for the two items separately.

All that said, I'm delighted with the trimmer and can heartily recommend it.

SPV Lights - Waterproof PIR Solar Security Light with 15 LEDs in Black
SPV Lights - Waterproof PIR Solar Security Light with 15 LEDs in Black
Offered by SPV Lights Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars good value and performance (with some limits), 3 July 2013
I bought one of these for myself and one as a present for a friend. Mine is on the garage and lights the approach to our front door. We live in a very isolated spot, so it's an important function. The light is replacing a halogen security lamp and, obviously, gives out a lot less illumination. That said, it's just about sufficient to do the job. My friend's light is on his house wall, lighting up the front gate - same comment. Considering the cost, I feel these lights do a really good job within the given limits. They're very quick and easy to fit and, not least, make a contribution towards saving energy - and money!

My Big Farm Book (My Big Board Books)
My Big Farm Book (My Big Board Books)
by Roger Priddy

5.0 out of 5 stars still a favourite, 6 Feb 2013
This is a lovely book, part of a great series. I bought it for my 1~year old grandson for Christmas, along with a toy farm. He still loves it, and has learned the names of many of the things in it. It's also very robust and stands up well to use.

Page: 1 | 2