Profile for Stitch > Reviews

Content by Stitch

Stitch

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Rokono® BASS+ Mini Speaker for iPhone / iPad / iPod / MP3 Player / Laptop - Black
Offered by Gadget Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound for tiny speaker. Rokono Verses X mini., 26 Jan. 2015
I also have the X mini which I guess most people will consider along with this. Both are equally good with slight differences to suit personal preference. X Mini is slightly smaller. The difference is about 10mm in height when closed, the circumference is about the same. Unless size is critical, both will easily go in a jacket pocket, small bag. For me the volume is about the same from both, which for their size is incredible. The X mini leans towards base whereas the Rokono is more mid range. The Rokono comes in a nice box with splash proof draw cord bag and extension lead. So there really isn't much in it, just personal choice on the size and sound type.

Schwalbe Land Cruiser KevlarGuard Wire Bead Tire - Black, 26 x 2.00 Inch
Schwalbe Land Cruiser KevlarGuard Wire Bead Tire - Black, 26 x 2.00 Inch
Offered by bikes4life limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Good compromise for off road/ road use, 16 Feb. 2014
I put these on a mountain bike to replace nobly tyres as the bike is now used for a lot of commuting. The continuous ridge around the centre makes for a super smooth and quiet ride but they still have plenty of grip and chunkiness for off road - and cope with debris and potholes as well as noblies. They are very nice looking and give the bike a little more of a refined look. Although purchased at the correct size I found them a tight fit on the wheel rim resulting in a 'flat spot' of about 8" where the tyre was stretched over the wheel and sitting a few mil below the rim. This manifested as a slight bump as the wheel turned. I found the solution to this through google- lubricating the wheel rim and tyre with soapy water then inflating way over what you would normally use. In my case I put about 100 psi in. After a while they will settle in and you can reduce to 'normal' pressures.

Shimano Speed Touring Pedals - Silver, 9/16-inch
Shimano Speed Touring Pedals - Silver, 9/16-inch

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I bought 3 pairs., 16 Feb. 2014
Although I've been riding bikes for over 30 years I've only just started taking it seriously and decided to move to clipless pedals. ( odd phrase that goes back to the old fashioned strap type toe clips that these replace!). I found them very easy to get used to and clipping in and out is smooth and predictable. I have them adjusted to a fairly weak lock in and this is very secure in use and easy to dislocate from by moving your heel in an outwards direction. Cycling is noticeably more efficient and my 50 minute round trip commute is now faster and less tiring. So good I bought two more for my other bikes. Light, smart looking and inexpensive compared to other pedals that give little extra benefit over these. One point of note - only one side of the pedal will take your shoe cleat so you may need to look down momentarily to get the pedal right side up. Come with the shoe cleats supplied.

Autoglym Hi-Tech Wheel Brush
Autoglym Hi-Tech Wheel Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste money on infirior brushes, 16 Feb. 2014
If you are fussy about getting your alloys spotless, don't Bother with other brushes, go straight to this. I've been cleaning alloys for many years. I've used those that have nylon bristles twisted through wire and those that are like a plastic brush handle with bristles out of one side. They don't get in all the nooks and crannies and quickly lose shape. This is quite different- it's rather like a stiff paintbrush. The bristles are quite space age, they do not weaken or lose shape with repeated use and it maintains a perfect tip. Some have commented that its small and takes a long time to do the job. I clean 17" wheels with this, it takes about 3 minutes a wheel which includes intricate parts. So not fast, but not slow either with all four wheels done in 10 minutes or so. I can get this into slotted gaps of about 10 mil wide and 2 inches deep. Use with alloy wheel cleaner and treat the wheels as a separate job to the rest of the car. This really stands out from the rest, highly recommended.

Canon DCC-70 Soft Leather Case For Digital IXUS 125
Canon DCC-70 Soft Leather Case For Digital IXUS 125
Offered by SmartSalesUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality but bigger than needed, 18 Jan. 2014
This is a very well made case, it a good quality, sturdy leather like material, it's strong and well constructed. A couple of points to note however:
1. It is much thicker than is needed for a slim ixus. The dimensions advertised are wildly inaccurate and make no sense- Product Dimensions: 23.7 x 12.4 x 5 cm? It actually measures 10 x 7 x 4cm. I believe most people buy an ixus for it's compact size, that you can slip in a pocket - not so easy once you've put it in this case! I have an ixus 125, for which it is specifically advertised. The case is a very good fit in height and width, but at 4cm deep it more than doubles the thickness of the camera which is 2 cm. It seems this has been made to fit the thicker ixus cameras and all others go in by default! That said, it does hold it securely thanks to a good fit height and width.
2. The camera drops in from the top and the top cover wraps over the top and a press stud holds it securely at the front. With the wriststrap fitted, the camera will only fit with lens facing out (flap side)' due to a cut out allowing the wriststrap to protrude out of the curved side of the case. This means that when sliding the camera out, the metal press stud on the inside of the flap will make contact with the glass screen unless you are careful each time.

A good sturdy case, it will protect well from knocks and scrapes. Not sealed so dust/ sand etc will get in. Ideal for putting in a bag or attaching to the belt, but it won't slip in a pocket.

Leatherman Fuse/Kick /Crunch Leather Pouch
Leatherman Fuse/Kick /Crunch Leather Pouch

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Wingman, 29 Dec. 2013
Perfect fit in both depth and width for Wingman- no irritating movement just holds it perfectly. Good sturdy leather and a strong popper closure make it unlikely to come open accidentally. The slot for your belt will take a belt of up to around 2 1/2 inches (60 cm). Just bear in mind that on a more narrow belt ( typically an inch or so) there will be movement and it may slip about a bit as it won't be a tight fit.

Jagwire V-Brake Type Brake Blocks With Anti Squeal Compound
Jagwire V-Brake Type Brake Blocks With Anti Squeal Compound
Offered by BIKINGEAR

2.0 out of 5 stars They Squeal!, 29 Dec. 2013
I've been on bikes for over 30 years and have worked my way through countless break blocks. I know how to fit them properly to avoid squeal, but these are the worst I have had. I gave them 100 mile or so to see if the surface just needed bedding in but no, so I put the old ones back on for now. On the up side it would save on the need to fit a bell and sounds a lot more alarming!

Smart Rear Seatpost Mount Bracket fits 261/403/405/307/317/318
Smart Rear Seatpost Mount Bracket fits 261/403/405/307/317/318

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy - also fits Smart R1 rear light., 29 Dec. 2013
I needed a second bracket so that i can use the one light on two bikes. I took a chance on this fitting a Smart R1 rear light as it isn't listed in description and it is a perfect fit identical to the original supplied with the R1. It is sturdy and has a simple notch in the plastic that clicks it into place when you insert the light in a downward movement. It is supplied with two different size fixtures for the frame and should suit either the wider seat post or narrower rear down tube from seat post to rear wheel. I travel 60 miles a week all year round on roads/ tracks, the light has never fallen from the bracket.

Cateye Bm-300G Race Mirror
Cateye Bm-300G Race Mirror
Offered by Fawkes Cycles

5.0 out of 5 stars Best end bar mirror available, 29 Dec. 2013
I've been riding for 30 odd years. A rear view helps you safely plan the road ahead and in my opinion is essential. This is the best end bar mirror I can find and have been using them for years. The simplistic design and quality of materials and build are it's strengths. It is feather light and there is no noticeable vibration in the view on any surface. This will only really suit fitting in the end of a straight bar - ie mountain bike style. You must expose the tube end which usually means removing the end of the hand grip. Pop it in the tube and tighten, it works rather like a rawplug by expanding inside and gripping, it takes seconds. The mirror fits the mount stiffly and in an upright position, but is not a rigid fix. This means that while it won't move in use it will accommodate the odd knock without snapping at the joint. I have a different mirror on a road bike as this mirror isn't suitable for a dropped bar. Although good, it vibrates, is a bit obtrusive and is easily beaten by this mirror.

Bbb Loud & Clear Bike Bell
Bbb Loud & Clear Bike Bell

1.0 out of 5 stars Very loud but care when fitting. Hammer snapped off., 7 Oct. 2013
The cycle tracks I use to commute to work are used by pedestrians who prefer them to the paths that run alongside them - they can walk 4 abreast then instead of 2 and the toddlers have more room to run around? I have to weave around and I need a loud bell to get them to make a little room for me to pass. I took this out of the package and the 'ping' was very loud indeed for such a tiny thing. I have a couple of other bells but this is by far the loudest. However when I fitted it to the handle bar it sounded much more dull. I took it off and it was fine again. Basically when you tighten this enough to be secure, it becomes much quieter. I fiddled with it but couldn't get to the bottom of why this happens, bit of a design issue I think. Other reviewers have mentioned this. I got round it by fitting it only loosely and used glue to hold it firm. 4 stars for the noise it makes, 1 lost for the fitting issue. Still recommended if you can get the fit sorted.
UPDATE- after 2 months the hammer snapped off sending the bell to the bin. I have 2 others that are still ok but would no longer recommend this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3