Profile for Jennifer > Reviews

Content by Jennifer

Jennifer

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice boots as long as you aren't in a hurry!, 12 Oct 2011
These boots are exactly as they appear in the picture. They come with ribbon laces, which are nice and make the boots slightly more girly. They could maybe have done to be a little bit longer as they fasten at about the third hole from the top. However, normal brown laces are also supplied if you prefer. Nice to have a choice anyway. The leather itself is good quality, strong and therefore quite stiff. These boots will require a lot of wearing in. They are obviously built to last and I can see them stretching on for a good few winters (which is surely the least you should expect given the price!). My only annoyance with these boots is the length of time it takes to lace them up and subsequently unlace when you want to take them off. You have to unlace them quite far down before they can be put on or taken off! Definitely not so handy if you just want to pop to the shops. However, for prancing round and looking cool, it's probably a small price to pay!! They look great with skinny jeans, leggings, tights and a skirt and definitley give a cool feel to an outfit. Overall, these boots are gorgeous and are they type that will probably look even better once they are worn in a bit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete gimmick., 19 Jun 2011
Unfortunately, desperate people are willing to try anything if they think it might help. I was one of them! Sadly this wristband has absolutely no effect at all on either my knee problems or general wellbeing. I wore this for around a fortnight, 24 hours a day. I should imagine any positive effects are placebo effects which is great for those it has helped. Final comment: A lot of money to pay for a piece of elastic!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2013 3:55 PM GMT

LEGO Star Wars 8038 The Battle of Endor
LEGO Star Wars 8038 The Battle of Endor
Offered by Spielwaren-Busduga

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun but takes AGES to build!!!, 14 Mar 2010
I bought this toy for my son's seventh birthday. He loves Star Wars Lego so this seemed a good choice. There are loads of figures which come with this set: 3 Ewoks, Han Solo, Princess Leia, 2 Scout Bikers and Imperial Trooper, two rebels AND R2D2. My son loved putting these figures together. The base itself took longest to build and was quite fiddly to put together. Recommend if your child wants a longer kind of lego project...a job for mum and dad for younger kids!! Overall this is a great set. My son was most pleased with all the different characters which he has had hours of fun with mixing up and using with the rest of his lego kit. Whilst themed lego is fun it takes a bit of the imagination out of Lego and I have found my son prefers to mix up all the lego and make his own creations after the initial set has been built and the novelty worn of...which I suppose is the beauty of Lego!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice boots., 10 Feb 2009
I have just received these boots and although I still have to test how hard wearing they are, my initial impression is that they are good quality.
Very soft leather and sturdy heel and toe. I am a size 8 and sometimes ladies size 41 don't fit me but these fitted fine so no worries there.
There is no grip on sole however so may be slippy in wintry conditions. Otherwise, very nice boots.