Profile for Simon > Reviews

Content by Simon

Simon (Chorley, United Kingdom)

The Checklist Manifesto: How To Get Things Right
The Checklist Manifesto: How To Get Things Right

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes the highly complex appear simple, 23 July 2015
The writer has both a accessible and humane voice. I am amazed at the potential to apply the learning into other fields.

Standout book.

Fortress Frontier (Shadow Ops Book 2)
Fortress Frontier (Shadow Ops Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping read, 2 May 2014
Wonderful second book can't wait to read book three.
The action really races with surprising twists and turns. Love the mashup with urban fantasy.

33 A.D. (Bachiyr Book 1)
33 A.D. (Bachiyr Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Read, 22 Jun. 2012
Even though parts of the story are well known, I was still surprised by the twists and turns the story took.

The story was so good that I nearly missed my stop on the train home more than once. Who would think that the commute could be so much fun.

I am totally hooked on the world David has created, I've already read After, recommend getting this before delving into the next book 61 A.D.

Excellent read.

Lycopolis
Lycopolis

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book, 26 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Lycopolis (Kindle Edition)
There are few books where the characters are so expertly drawn. The point of view changes to enable each character to contribute to the development of the story without the action becoming confusing. As is the case in life, no person is fully bad or good, the author allows the reader to connect with each character to identify with each of their human frailties and strengths. For such a young writer I was amazed at her depth of understanding of the issues and challenges facing the players within the stories. All this enabled the story to be believable and enjoyable to the last word. Looking forward to the next book in the trilogy.

Glamour (Rae Wilder Book 1)
Glamour (Rae Wilder Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 31 Dec. 2010
Downloaded this on my kindle for my daughter to read. She loved it and can not wait for the next books in the series to be available. My daughter would go out today and pay full list price for a hard copy book if available.

Alice's review of the book

This book is thrilling and totally addictive. It makes you to want to read more. I can not wait until the next book comes out, I wish it was out sooner. The story is unpredictable and had my emotions gripped, I would recommend this book to 12 and over girls who like fantasy with an edge.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2010 8:48 PM GMT