Profile for catasha > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
When I Die: Lessons from the Death Zone
When I Die: Lessons from the Death Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes the fear out of death, 20 May 2012
This book fundamentally takes the fear out of death. But also, what it does do, is stress the worth of living. Not to squander time or health. As a person who has lived through serious illness,I feel that Phillip Gould captured the detail of pain and the boring endless tripping on drugs you get in this situation. And how time shrinks and lengthens according to emotional states. Brilliant, I admire him and his family for doing this book.I only hope when my time comes I can conquer the fear as he seemed to do near his own time. A must read no matter your age or health.

The Crossroads (Midtown Blue Book #2): A Novel
The Crossroads (Midtown Blue Book #2): A Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Christian fiction, 20 May 2012
I love these books but it is a shock they are Christian fiction. Not my bag. But the policing stuff is so accurate and well thought out that I got hooked and now have all of these books. Well worth reading, but I skip the Christian pages. Lose a star for the bible bashing! Would probably get picked up for TV or film if they dropped that.

Skells (Midtown Blue Book #3): A Novel
Skells (Midtown Blue Book #3): A Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great installment, 18 May 2012
Yet again too much scripture and religion! Please please start making these books about the policing and not the religious stuff, it's boring and I skip it! I love them nonetheless. The detail is awesome every time. I can taste Tony's sandwiches and see all the characters in detail. Lose one star for the Jesus bits.

The Deuce (Midtown Blue Book #1): A Novel
The Deuce (Midtown Blue Book #1): A Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Too much God but a great read nonetheless, 18 May 2012
The writers have decided to ram two genres together. I think if they left out the Jesus stuff these books would be sublime. I thoroughly enjoy reading these books because of the attention to detail and true life facts about NYC cop life. But I do really think it was a mistake to put the whole Christian thing in in such detail. So four stars for the great police story, great characters and plots but the whole droning on about scriptures not so hot, so lose one star. Either write a cop story or a bible class already. But I have bought all of these books, I just skip the bible stuff and it doesn't affect the story. I will buy more if they come up for sure.

Page: 1 | 2