Profile for L. Mealor > Reviews

A Student's Guide to International Financial Reporting Standards
A Student's Guide to International Financial Reporting Standards
by Clare Finch

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be without this book!!, 16 Jun. 2010
This is an absolutely fantastic book, I never thought 'Accounting Standards' and the term 'user-friendly' would ever be put together in the same sentence until I got my hands on this book!

During my studies, I have recommended it to so many fellow students struggling to digest concepts. What's particularly great about this book is that it explains why we have these standards in the first place, but in a succinct way. Not only that, but it is even amusing in parts and the way it is presented really helps things to sink in. I think it's a must for anyone undertaking exams involving IAS/IFRS topics, I really cannot recommend it highly enough.

This book was my bedtime reading during my studies for ACCA F7, P2 and P7 and it is looking extremely tatty now with pages ripped, curled, falling out, excessively marked with highlighter pen, post it notes etc. It's been absolutely everywhere with me, work...home...holidays...nights out (err...just kidding with the last one!) But its definitely a book I will be keeping hold of, even though I have recently sat my final exams.

Clare Finch states in this book that Accounting Standards don't need to be boring. After reading this book, Clare I totally agree!