Profile for Helen Lamberton > Reviews

Helen Lamberton

Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Beanstalk A Hidden Object Adventure
Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Beanstalk A Hidden Object Adventure

1.0 out of 5 stars Fairy tale mysteries will not start, 23 Nov 2014
I downloaded this game, the trial version ,it opened to the main menu and I presses play but it only loaded 88% then after a brief wait it went straight back to the main menu. I will NOT risk buying the full version.

Lethal Outlook: A Psychic Eye Mystery
Lethal Outlook: A Psychic Eye Mystery

1.0 out of 5 stars Cost - Extortionate!, 16 Feb 2013
I discovered one of Victoria Laurie's "Psychic Eye Mystery" e-books recently and enjoyed it so much that I decided to try and buy the rest of the series. They were just under £5 each and within my budget which was fine until I downloaded the most recent book, "Lethal Outlook". I didn't notice until after I had downloaded it that it cost just over £12. THREE TIMES MORE THAT THE REST. Thinking that it might be slightly bigger than the rest I check then and found that no, they were all around the same size. I canceled it and will wait a few months to see if it comes down. I hope it does.

Despite this I would recommend her books as they are well written and I enjoyed them.

PLEASE NOTE. My review would not publish until I had selected the number of stars I would award. If I had read the book I believe I would give it a higher score.

Demon Hunts: 5 (Walker Papers)
Demon Hunts: 5 (Walker Papers)
by C. E. Murphy

5.0 out of 5 stars Demon Hunts, 3 Feb 2013
I couldn't get this on Kindle in the UK so I caved and bought it through an Amazon seller. I am glad I did. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I have enjoyed the whole series, on Kindle, and have decided to try and bet the whole series in real book form. That is how good I think the stories are. I have over 1000 books on my kindle and this is only the second series which I have decided to get in book form.

I am no good at writing a review but can and will reccomend Demon Hunts as well as the rest of C E Murphy's books.

Fever: Prepare to enter the lair of the Leopard People (Leopard People Series)
Fever: Prepare to enter the lair of the Leopard People (Leopard People Series)
by Christine Feehan

4.0 out of 5 stars Awakenings & Wild Rain, 2 Sep 2012
ATTENTION! FEVER IS AN OMNIBUS containing the first two stories of Christine Feehan's Leopards series.

This is NOT a review as I have not yet received the book.

I note that one of the reviewers said that this story has been out before, which it has.

FEVER is an OMNIBUS which contains the first two stories in Christine Feehan's THe Leopards series.

It contains the novello AWAKENINGS which is story 1 and WILD RAIN which is book two.

I gave this 4 stars because I know I'll enjoy it AND I was not allowed to publish the review untill I had starred it.

Shades of Gray: A Jude Magdalyn Novel (The Jude Magdalyn Series Book 1)
Shades of Gray: A Jude Magdalyn Novel (The Jude Magdalyn Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Shades of Grey, 4 Mar 2012
I am no good at reviews and the previous comments,(positive and negative,) have done it far better than I ever could.

I enjoyed this book. I also enjoyed the "prequel" "Hole in the Wall." even though it was more like an alternative in depth beginning to Shades of Grey.

I have also just downloaded the second book "Shades of Desire" and look forward to reading it, (although I will have to re-read "Shades of Grey". For me that's no hardship.)

Erica Wilson's Embroidery Book
Erica Wilson's Embroidery Book
by Erica Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Erica Wilson's Embroidery Book, 30 July 2011
I totally agree with M Russel. I used this book a lot for my stitch samplers. It is a very nice book with clear instructions and, unlike some books, in in no way intimidating. I would recommend this book for any embroiderer.

In Other Worlds (Paranormal Romance (Berkley))
In Other Worlds (Paranormal Romance (Berkley))
by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars In other Worlds., 5 Dec 2010
As always I enjoyd Sherrilyn Kenyon's stories, but, probably because they were short, did not enjoy them as much as I would a full story. I ADORE the "Dark Hunter" series but have not yet started any of her other series.