Profile for Evejoy > Reviews

Content by Evejoy

Evejoy

A Wrinkle in Time (Puffin Modern Classics)
A Wrinkle in Time (Puffin Modern Classics)

4.0 out of 5 stars imagination personified, 25 May 2014
Wow! what can I say? Such insights in to science and even more so in to human nature. I probably have the least scientific mind in the world and granted it is science fiction, but what an imagination.......................

The Arm of the Starfish
The Arm of the Starfish

4.0 out of 5 stars A gentle teaching, 25 May 2014
This plot had a slightly weak start for me, it quickly became interesting as more of the characters were introduced. The scientific knowledge in this book is priceless for any readers interested (in a layman sense) in the medical research being done in the world.
I bought it for my daughter who is currently at uni studying Marine Biology. As always I felt privileged to read another book by this wonderful author.

The Young Unicorns (Austin Family)
The Young Unicorns (Austin Family)

4.0 out of 5 stars An Open Mind, 25 May 2014
I find Madeleine L'Engle's writing warm, intelligent, and full of factual insights. The characters always have substance which makes it easy to grow attached to them,
The Young Unicorns has a good insightful plot with enough adventure and danger to hold the reader's interest. This book is supposedly written for children, anyone with an open mind would enjoy reading it and any other of Madeleine L'Engle's writings. I would therefore recommend it to anyone with an open mind,
Personally, I find her writings an enriching spiritual experience:it's like sitting in a warm, cosy kitchen being fed all of your favourite food, whilst the most amazing grandmother takes you on adventures beyond your dreams, and is also teaching you a few truths about life at the same time.

THE LIVING MATRIX (2009) [IMPORT]
THE LIVING MATRIX (2009) [IMPORT]
Offered by Nr1mediaFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars MEN OF SCIENCE WILL COME TO KNOW WHAT MEN OF FAITH HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN., 7 April 2013
This DVD will take several viewings to be FULLY digested, I still loved it. It confirmed for me what I've know for a long time, and have acted on. My body has it's own in built healing system and we (all of us) can visualize our own healing. For me this has worked for the past thirty years, which is when the realization that I'm a spiritual being, with a powerful mind and the body is mine, I'm not the body's. Mind is the deciding factor. Everyone is subtley aware of their own energy field, we unconsciously don't crowd another's space, keeping a reasonable distance. The exception is with those we love and trust, where we can hug and exchange this energy. I'm BIG on hugs.
it reminded me of a saying I adopted a long time ago. (sadly I can't remember who said it first.)

'MEN OF SCIENCE WILL COME TO KNOW WHAT MEN OF FAITH HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN.'

Even if you're not ready yet to accept the facts presented in THE LIVING MATRIX, it's worth watching as an introduction to opening the mind to the things that
'MEN OF FAITH HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN'

I Am [DVD] [2010]
I Am [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Tom Shadyac

5.0 out of 5 stars PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY., 7 April 2013
This review is from: I Am [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I would recommend this DVD to everyone......who is going through a period of disillusionment, and realizing that our happiness isn't coming from material wealth. There is a worldwide awareness coming through (it has been happening for many years now) and more people are questioning the EXCESSIVE material values. The world is in a great transition and the INFORMATION found in this DVD is confirmation for those who are feeling the changes.
Hopefully it will help people all over the world to stop giving their power away and start taking 'personal responsibilityfor their own lives'.
Well done Tom Sadyac for having the courage to bring these issues to light.