Profile for TheTalentedMsRipley > Reviews

Kitchen Craft Let's Make Gingerbread Man Digital Timer
Kitchen Craft Let's Make Gingerbread Man Digital Timer
Offered by Colanders FBA

3.0 out of 5 stars Works ok, 12 May 2014
Works simply and looks cute. The clock function doesn't keep time correctly, which is slightly worrying for a device designed for keeping time! Also, not usually a problem, but perhaps obviously doesn't measure past 99 minutes 99 seconds!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasing, 20 Sept. 2013
Easy enough to follow instructions, and gives a really beautiful result. For once, in a convenient size to frame (6x4in) rather than the obscure dimensions you often get

Bothy Threads - Gorjuss - I Found My Family in a Book
Bothy Threads - Gorjuss - I Found My Family in a Book
Offered by Johnson Crafts

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 21 April 2013
I love the Gorjuss designs, they're so cute, so have decided to tackle a few of these to put up in my living room. This is my first time using a Bothy Threads kit, and I will definitely be using again! The enlarged diagrams are fab, there are really detailed instructions and a plentiful supply of threads. There are some "special" effects threads (glittery/plasticky) that are quite awkward to use, but thankfully they are just for little highlights, and they give it that little extra pizazz. Fairly simple, it took me about 2 weeks to finish.

Celebration of Love Cross Stitch Kit
Celebration of Love Cross Stitch Kit
Offered by Sew and So

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Stunning, 21 April 2013
This is really easy and gives a beautiful result, different from the usual wedding samplers. Worth noting that it's actually on perforated card rather than Aida, but this is just as easy, if not easier to work with. Took about a week to finish.

DMC Cross Stitch Kit - Mini Flowers Kit - Daffodil Trio
DMC Cross Stitch Kit - Mini Flowers Kit - Daffodil Trio

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 21 April 2013
This is small and simple, done in an evening. The backstitch is a bit fiddly though, because there are lots of bits where the stitches are in between the holes on the aida. Makes a cute little card perfect for easter or springtime.

Hush Puppies Freya - 5 Uk - Navy - Leather
Hush Puppies Freya - 5 Uk - Navy - Leather

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart and versatile, 20 Mar. 2013
I really like the sensible height heel, the shape and design of these. They work equally well for a night out or work (if I was allowed to wear heels to work!) I did find they caused slightly more blisters at first than many new shoes, but this is something I am prone to, so it's probably just me. Also, the colour is a bit lighter than it appears in the pictures - more dark blue than navy, so they don't match my other navy clothes/accessories quite as perfectly as I might have wished. Still, I have no doubt they will continue to serve me well.

Panasonic SC-HTB20EB-K 240w Soundbar (Discontinued by Manfacturer)
Panasonic SC-HTB20EB-K 240w Soundbar (Discontinued by Manfacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 20 Mar. 2013
These are a huge improvement on the weedy inbuilt speakers on most flatscreens, but a more compact alternative to a full surround sound system, if like me, you don't really have the option of drilling holes in the walls to fit speakers and you don't want wires trailing all around. The subwoofer packs an impressive punch (and I haven't even got it near to maximum volume) and the soundbar does actually give an element of "3D" sound. I have, for example, been watching something, and thought I heard something outside the window to my side, before realising that it is actually coming from the speaker! How this is achieved from something directly infront of you, I don't know. Lastly, I like the nifty little feature that you can separate the 2 speakers if it meets your setup better, and this will presumably give more stereo separation, but I found I preferred the look of keeping it as a bar.

In conclusion, it sounds as beautiful as it looks, and is worth the price (especially if you can get it in a discounted bundle with a tv as I did!)

Portal 2 Nouveau T-Shirt (M)
Portal 2 Nouveau T-Shirt (M)
Offered by GAMEFORCE

3.0 out of 5 stars The design is beautiful, but the t-shirt quality is meh, 18 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Portal 2 Nouveau T-Shirt (Apparel)
I am absolutely in love with the design, and therefore bought impulsively, before finding (with a bit of searching across the pond) that it is available in a more fitted male or a female skinny fit. The latter would have probably been better for me. The fabric is quite stiff and scratchy, and the neckline ugly. Basically, what you would expect from a very basic tee, and not what I'd hope for this price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2014 12:41 AM BST

Dimensions Counted Cross Stitch Kit, Savanah Birth Record
Dimensions Counted Cross Stitch Kit, Savanah Birth Record
Offered by BIC WAREHOUSE

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite challenging but charming result, 18 Mar. 2013
I haven't finished this yet, as it's taking a little longer than anticipated. It looks like a really simple design, but if you are a complete novice like me, it's quite ambitious. The instructions maybe leave a little to be desired, and a couple of markers on the actual fabric would have been helpful. (I have made a couple of mistakes through miscounting, but they have been concealable with a bit of careful thinking) It will all be worth it though, as I can see it is taking shape and will make a bold, bright and beautiful addition to my nephew's safari themed nursery.

Cupcakes 2013 Calendar
Cupcakes 2013 Calendar
by Graphique De France
Edition: Calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 23 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Cupcakes 2013 Calendar (Calendar)
Just perfect for what I wanted, which was to cut up and stick all over my kitchen cabinets for decoration. The pictures are bright and cartoony, and it's neat to have the recipes right there on my wall if the sight of them is tempting me too much!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3