Profile for Jack Richardson > Reviews

Content by Jack Richardson

Jack Richardson "Jack" (Newcastle, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Betron B750s Earphones Headphones, High Definition, in-ear, Tangle Free, Noise Isolating , HEAVY DEEP BASS for iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry etc (Black)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning sound!, 19 Sept. 2014
These headphones are absolutely stunning! Better than the apple ones I was replacing, and less than half the price. Great bass, tone and clarity. Very comfortable. I'm a musician so I care about these things - highly recommended to others.

The Best Wines in the Supermarket 2014: My Top Wines Selected for Character and Style
by Ned Halley

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will change the way you buy wine, 20 Dec. 2013
Such a great book, because it means you can enjoy quality wine on a budget and when you do splash out on something special you can go for a bottle that's genuinely worth the extra money.

Very useful glossary, and also a good introduction that sums up the state of play on supermarket wine at the present time.

He also has the measure of how each supermarket operates, for example pointing out that sainsburys and tesco occasionally have 25% off the whole range for a short period (so worth hanging on and stocking up), and explaining how majestic's weird pricing system works.

This book helped me get to know the world of wine, and made me a much more savvy shopper!

Live from the Royal Albert Hall
Live from the Royal Albert Hall
Offered by Fulfillment Express

3.0 out of 5 stars great first half, tails off a bit towards the end..., 30 July 2011
I bought this on the strength of the other reviews, but although it is excellent in parts it's certainly a way off "5 stars" for me... buy it if you're a killers fan, as it captures the energy of their live show... but if you're on the fence already this is likely to push you the other way.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2013 10:20 PM BST

After The Wedding [DVD] [2007]
After The Wedding [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Mads Mikkelsen

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best films of all time, 30 July 2011
Other reviewers have covered the essence of why this film is so brilliant, so I won't repeat it all again... but suffice to say that there are only two films in the history of cinema that have made me cry, and this is one of them. Stunning.

Roni Size Reprazent - New Forms2
Roni Size Reprazent - New Forms2

3.0 out of 5 stars When it's good it's excellent, when it's bad it's laughable..., 18 July 2011
I really loved New Forms in it's original guise... and I chanced upon this remixed/remastered/extended album which I bought second hand for a couple of quid. At times, it sounds like New Forms all warmed up and brimming with life (mainly on the tracks that were on the original album) however Roni Size also saw fit to include some "new" tracks, which are almost all pretty poor, and without exception they are nowhere near as good as the proper New Forms tracks, and I can't see why on earth they were included. So worth a listen, but you'll find yourself skipping over some of it...

Unplugged
Unplugged
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Clapton at his best, 18 July 2011
This review is from: Unplugged (Audio CD)
This album is really stunning - Clapton, and his band, at their absolute best! Great sound quality, great musicianship, great atmosphere, great songs. Flawless - highly recommended :)

Identity [DVD] [2003]
Identity [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ John Cusack
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Goes from two stars to four stars half way through..., 18 July 2011
This review is from: Identity [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I bought this second hand for a couple of quid, and about half an hour into watching it I thought I'd bought a dud... I'm not going to spoil the story by saying why I was won round - but suffice to say that it is not as "predictable" as it seems. This is a really excellent thriller, and the plot is one of the best I've seen. Highly recommended.

The Concert In Central Park
The Concert In Central Park

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best records ever released!, 18 July 2011
This is truly one of the best live albums - and in fact one of the best albums of any type - that has ever been released. Flawless and stunning - both Simon and Garfunkel, and their backing band which includes the legendary Steve Gadd on drums, are on absolutely top form. This isn't just an album of songs, it's a piece of history. Enjoy!

The Gift [DVD] [2001]
The Gift [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Cate Blanchett
Offered by Jasuli

3.0 out of 5 stars Fair, but nowhere near as good as these reviews make out..., 18 July 2011
This review is from: The Gift [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
I bought this on the strength of the amazon reviews, and to be honest I thought it was entertaining up to a point... but not the "brilliant masterpiece" that it was made out to be. Each to their own though :)

What Lies Beneath [DVD] [2000]
What Lies Beneath [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Harrison Ford

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of an evening..., 18 July 2011
I thought this film was dull, predictable, "plodding", and not in the least bit scary. I bought it because of the good reviews on amazon, but I really did think it was a dud...

Page: 1 | 2