Profile for Someone > Reviews

Content by Someone

Someone

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fruit of the Loom Men's Zip Hooded Sweatshirt Plain Long Sleeve Hoodie, Black, X-Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Four stars, 15 May 2016
Sleeves are a little shorter than I was hoping but other wise good.

US MILITARY ISSUED AG44 WOOL COAT (42" Regular)
US MILITARY ISSUED AG44 WOOL COAT (42" Regular)
Offered by Army and Outdoors

4.0 out of 5 stars Could have done with a bigger size, 14 May 2016
Smaller than I hoped for (Mainly because I needed something just over 42'' but there was no actual 44'' available when I came to buy), but the coat itself looks fantastic.

Outray Unisex Retro Flat Wayfarer Colorful Polarized Sunglasses A05 Black
Outray Unisex Retro Flat Wayfarer Colorful Polarized Sunglasses A05 Black
Offered by OUTRAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant purchase!, 14 May 2016
I bought these to serve as a pair of spare sunglasses. It took only one trip outside for them to become my main pair.

ASVP Shop® Classic Retro 1980's Vintage Black & Gold Clubmaster Sunglasses Full UV400 A4
Offered by ASVP Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Low quality and terrible packaging, 14 May 2016
They feel kind of cheap to me but what do you expect for £3.99? The thing I'm most disappointed about is the fact that only the upper part of the lenses are tinted, so when you look up you end up looking through the un-tinted part of the lenses, which makes using the glasses in bright sunlight kind of pointless Also, the packaging for the sunglasses was terrible. They were delivered in a standard envelope with no padding or protection of any kind. I'm actually very surprised they were still on one piece when they arrived.

Mens Wool & Cashmere Blend Winter Long Formal Overcoat
Mens Wool & Cashmere Blend Winter Long Formal Overcoat
Offered by De La Creme Fashions

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller and lighter and expected but still good, 1 April 2016
The coat was much smaller than expected. Being just over 42'', I should have theoretically been fine with a medium, which the seller indicates in their description to be 44''. However, having previously had experiences of clothes bought online being smaller than advertised, I decided to play it safe and order a large. And it's a good thing I did, too. The seller claims that a large is 46'', but having worn it, I can tell you that it's actually somewhere between 42'' and 44'', because it's only just big enough to be a comfortable fit on me.
Also, the coat is a lot more lightweight than I expected, given that it is advertised as a winter formal coat. However, since I plan to wear it at other times of the year, this isn't really a big issue for me.

However, issues aside, this is still a good coat. It looks great, the pockets are perfect (the inside pocket was actually slightly bigger than I was expecting), and despite being lighter than anticipate it's still a warm coat.
What I will say, however, is that if you're going to buy this coat, make sure to select a size larger than you need when going from the description provided by the seller.

Doctor Who - Series 9 Part 2 [DVD]
Doctor Who - Series 9 Part 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Capaldi

3.0 out of 5 stars The subtitles are wrong!, 18 Nov. 2015
A brilliant set of episodes overall, with my personal favourite being Heaven Sent. The other episodes are good too, though. The speech at the end of The Zygon Inversion was what made Peter Capaldi my favourite Doctor. But, after the brilliant set up for an epic finale that we got from Face the Raven and Heaven Sent, Hell Bent delivers not the Gallifrey/Time Lord/Hybrid story we were led to expect, but instead a Clara story that takes away all the significance of her death by bring her back to life, before proceeding to wipe the Doctor's memory of her so he doesn't have to deal with the loss. An then it gives Clara a TARDIS so she doesn't even have to return to her death immediately and salvage the episode. I'm sorry, Moffat' I don't normally have a problem with what you write, but this is going too far, even for you!

I have also noticed that the subtitles on this DVD are wrong in several places, a few examples being during Heaven Sent; when the Doctor first mentions "The Hybrid" after making his observation about the stars, the subtitles say "Behind me"; and when he names the wall as being made of "Azbantium", the subtitles say it's made of "Spantium"

I still find this half of the series to be brilliant, but if Moffat had let someone else write Hell Bent it could've been truly awesome! They could also have spent a bit more time making sure the subtitles were accurate; I'm just saying.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2015 5:07 PM GMT

SanDisk SDCZ33-008G-B35 8GB Cruzer Fit USB 2.0 Flash Drive
SanDisk SDCZ33-008G-B35 8GB Cruzer Fit USB 2.0 Flash Drive

1.0 out of 5 stars A perfect example of why you should always read the reviews before making a purchase, 23 Sept. 2015
This memory stick is far too small, and so little of it sticks out from the computer that I was unable to get a good enough grip on it to remove it myself, not to mention the fact that it overheats after only a few minutes of use. But the thing that infuriates me the most about this product is that it is fitted with a small metal ring where, say, a keyring could be attached. And I'm sorry, but you will need the dexterity of a god if you want to attach anything to that ring, because It's so darn small, and fitted in such an inaccessible place.
I could've spared myself the time (not to mention the money) I've wasted on this product if I'd just read the reviews before ordering it. But I didn't, and now I'm paying for it.

BILBO BAGGINS' STING Hobbit Letter Opener The Noble Collection
BILBO BAGGINS' STING Hobbit Letter Opener The Noble Collection
Offered by Blyme

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!, 23 Sept. 2015
10/10 Absolutely brilliant purchase. I just wish it was possible for the blade to glow blue in the presence of unopened letters.

Doctor Who 12th Doctor's Touch Control Sonic Screwdriver
Doctor Who 12th Doctor's Touch Control Sonic Screwdriver

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall a great purchase but feels a little too flimsy when extended, 20 Sept. 2015
Great product overall, and definitely the best sonic screwdriver toy I've ever seen. Only two small issues encountered do far. When extended, it feels as though the end could snap off if you (or whoever you bought it for) is too rough with the screwdriver. Another thing I noticed is that it cuts out in the vicinity of certain light bulbs. I'm not actually making that up. Put this screwdriver close to a light bulb while it's turned on, and depending on the light bulb type there's a good chance it'll cut out. Fortunately the screwdriver has to be really close to the light bulb for this to happen, so it's not going to ruin the experience of some one who's using the toy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2015 3:51 AM GMT

DBPOWER 7.5" Portable DVD Player with Swivel Screen, Supports SD Card and USB, Direct Play in Formats MP4/AVI/RMVB/MP3/JPEG (Black)
Offered by dvtecheu