Profile for John2412 > Reviews

2014 Astrology Diary: Making Cosmic Connections
by Desley Murphy
Price: 9.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent First Issue of this Diary, 4 Jan 2014
Having recently started a course to expand my life long interest in Astrology and needing a Diary for 2014 found this and decided to purchase and cover both issues in one.

I hope they produce this for many years to come ( this is the first issue) as its invaluable as an ordinary diary AS WELL as having details of all the planetary movements and an outline of the basics of Astrology to help the novice. Also a 2014 at a glance showing of major issues among other listings. Recommended to Astrology fans.

Kensington Universal Multi-Display Adapter
Kensington Universal Multi-Display Adapter
Price: 66.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for extra monitors, 20 Dec 2013
I was using two monitors on my PC and wanted to go to three or four to gain work productivity. Although my PC company could quote and supply the monitors and stand they couldn't supply the signal splitters to get to 4 displays. I purchased one that seemed to be fine off Amazon but it wasn't right for the job and carefully reading most of the others they did indeed send a signal to two places but the same signal and didn't extend the desktop which is what I wanted. There are splitters that might do the job that cost more than these adapters but they need cables extra and decided to go for this with more flexibility instead having read good reviews of the previous model of these from Kensington. Bought one and installed the software, connected the cables and third monitor working absolutely fine off the USB. So pleased with it that I then decided to go to the 4 monitors, bought a second adapter and a low cost monitor and that was also added and running beautifully off another USB port. So I am running 4 monitors and for my videos and work I can see NO loss of speed at all. ( I am not trying high end video gaming as that's not my requirement ) Highly recommended solution !!

Rentokil FH15 Water Proof Mouse and Rat Killer Bait - Packs of 12
Rentokil FH15 Water Proof Mouse and Rat Killer Bait - Packs of 12
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars These have worked - other options failed, 8 Dec 2013
Bought these and after the rodents started taking them bought some more. I am told thats the secret, put them out where the Mice or Rats are, and when they take them keep giving them more until they take no more ( means they have departed this life) Before that tried traps, which they managed to get bait out of and leave the trap OR just plain ignored them and went round them, tried adhesive sheets - same effect they went round them - and even tried rat/mice cage which has worked before when we had some in the garage but again they went round and ignored it now ( various bait used in all traps, peanut butter, chocolate, the proprietory bait sold for traps - all to no avail this time)

I wanted to catch and release them far away but they caused there own demise by ignoring all attempts at trapping so this was a last resort - and within 6 days seems to have done the trick. I also have the ultrasonic mice and rat repeller working and will leave that running for safety.

So for all who say this or that doesnt work, dont give up - just throw everything at them and you WILL win. These blocks are very effective and the rodents seemed to love them !!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2014 12:50 PM GMT

Discover Numerology
Discover Numerology
by Julia Line

5.0 out of 5 stars Caution, 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: Discover Numerology (Paperback)
Be aware that this book was originally published in larger format as The Numerology Workbook by the same author. It didn't say that so I have two versions now. However its an excellent introduction to numerology.

GreatShield Ultra Anti-Glare Matt Clear Screen Protector 3-Pack for Kindle (fits Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle, Kindle Touch, and Kindle Keyboard)
Offered by theWireless USA
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent 10 out of 5, 6 Nov 2013
Congratulations to the manufacturers - this is the first EVER screen protector I have put on anything that hasnt got bubbles under it ! The shield went on really easily, instructions were clear. I am really pleased with this product. It prevents glare, fits the screen really well and wouldn't know it was there. I definitely recommend this product.

Now can you do a similar screen protector for the IPhone please ?!!

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Onyx Black (will only fit Kindle Paperwhite)
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case, 6 Nov 2013
Having got the new 2013 Paperwhite I wanted a cover and this time decided to go for the more expensive option and am very pleased I did. I think its a bit high priced for what you get BUT it looks good, protects the Kindle, doesn't add much bulk to it, has the nice magnetic on and off action when you shut it and feels solid to protect the kindle. Would recommend anyone considering paying this extra to get a superb case.

UEFA European Football Yearbook 2013 14
UEFA European Football Yearbook 2013 14
by Mike Hammond
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than ever, 25 Sep 2013
If you like European Football history and statistics then this is a must buy ! This years size and layout is different to past years and in my opinion far better and easier to hold and read. Highly Recommended

Blame It On Your Heart
Blame It On Your Heart
Price: 1.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 25 Sep 2013
Fantastic voice and nothing more to add. If you like this style of music you cant go wrong with Jacqui Sharkey,s music

Mens braces wide adjustable and elastic suspenders Y shape with a very strong clips - Heavy duty (Maroon)
Offered by Decalen
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 25 Sep 2013
Sometimes like to wear braces to support my trousers and having had some others I found them not to be secure on the clips and not very strong. These however are excellent, firm grip on the clip to the trousers and adjustable for length to suit all so they are a comfortable fit - you can wear and forget them. Recommended !

Microlabs FC330 Model 2.1 System Speaker
Microlabs FC330 Model 2.1 System Speaker
Price: 41.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab-u-lous !!, 4 Jun 2013
Have just upgraded for Business / Home to a new PC and my 5.1 Logitech Surround Sound System which I have always been delighted with was not able to be used with this setup, so what could I use as I like GOOD QUALITY sound for whatever I am playing. Looked around at the reviews and prices and with such superb reviews for this low price system decided to get it after much searching. Boy am I glad I did !! As reviewers here have said it is superb sound quality, especially for a 2.1 stereo system, and although I will miss the rear sound I can certainly live without that for the all round sound that comes from this system . I would say it beats the usual systems up to at least 100 hands down on quality, and I suspect systems way over that level too, and dont know how they have achieved this at the price. The speakers are solid pieces of furniture as well, no plastic parts. VERY VERY impressed, - from someone who has sharp ears to listen to music sound.

Page: 1 | 2