Profile for S. J. Kemp > Reviews

Content by S. J. Kemp

S. J. Kemp (Nottingham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Merrell Womens Decora Chant Waterproof Snow Boots J48422 Mocha 6 UK, 39 EU
Merrell Womens Decora Chant Waterproof Snow Boots J48422 Mocha 6 UK, 39 EU
Price: 89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely gorgeous!, 4 Jan 2014
I am a bit of a boot fan and have lots of boots for all occasions! These are amongst my favourites - they are super warm and comfy and look stylish. I have quite wide ankles but these fit well and I can even wear them with skinny jeans tucked in. I would definitely recommend, especially at the reduced price which is a bargain for the quality. Fast dispatch too.

Dolly Girl Childrens Cup
Dolly Girl Childrens Cup
Offered by Dotcomgiftshop
Price: 2.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little cup but didn't last, 4 Jan 2014
I bought this to wean our toddler off her morning and evening bottle of milk - it worked as she loved her 'big girl cup'. I had searched far and wide for a pretty cup that wasn't covered in Disney or TV characters and this was just the ticket. I wanted melamine, as it would be safer for her to use - however, the plastic must have been very brittle and unfortunately it lasted only a couple of weeks as it broke the first time it was dropped on our wooden kitchen floor - big disappointment! I replaced it with a cheap (1) ceramic cup, figuring that at least if that gets broken it didn't cost as much!

Ian Snow Pink Lollypop Ceramic Knob
Ian Snow Pink Lollypop Ceramic Knob

5.0 out of 5 stars Great knobs!, 4 Jan 2014
I bought a few of these in different colours to use on a chest of drawers that I have refurbished in shabby chic style. They look fabulous and are a really nice feature. Good quality enamel and the chips in it make it look genuinely aged. Would recommend.

Childs play and learn flower watch
Childs play and learn flower watch

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice item but small bracelet, 4 Jan 2014
I bought this for my 2 year old but the bracelet, although elasticated, is very tight on her wrist (which is not particularly chubby) and she's been unable to wear it as it makes indentations on her skin.

Small Romantic Rectangular Photo Frame Pewter Finish
Small Romantic Rectangular Photo Frame Pewter Finish
Offered by Butterfly Nest Interiors
Price: 5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute photo frame, 4 Jan 2014
I bought this and also a white frame in the same shabby chic style - they look good together. Great value frames, good price and don't look cheap.

Small Romantic Rectangular Photo Frame - Distressed Cream Finish
Small Romantic Rectangular Photo Frame - Distressed Cream Finish
Offered by Butterfly Nest Interiors
Price: 5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty and authentic looking frame, 4 Jan 2014
I bought this as a Christmas present for a friend and she loved it. It is really nice, reasonable quality for the price and great value so I may buy one for myself too.

Cartoon owl print Canvas shoulder bag cross body messenger cloth bag (grey)
Cartoon owl print Canvas shoulder bag cross body messenger cloth bag (grey)
Offered by Wunderbarwahl
Price: 10.97

5.0 out of 5 stars A great bag!, 4 Jan 2014
I'm really pleased with this bag - I needed something to hold the usual stuff, plus sometimes nappies and wipes etc. The pockets make this easy to keep phone, keys, lip salve etc separate and not all kicking around in the bottom of the bag. The pattern is lovely and the bag is well made and looks as though it will last a decent length of time (as much as you can expect from a fabric bag). I haven't yet used it but am looking forward to doing so as it looks really stylish. Fast delivery from the supplier too and they dealt efficiently with with an initial issue I had (me having ordered the item twice by mistake). Would recommend item and supplier.

Musicboxworld Jewellery Box Circus Playing "Entertainer"
Musicboxworld Jewellery Box Circus Playing "Entertainer"
Price: 10.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Musical jewellery box, 18 July 2013
This is a lovely item which my daughter was delighted with (she's 2 and 5 months). I like the fact that it has just one main space for the jewellery as this is more suitable for daughter's age, than those which have compartments for different items. I love the circus theme - the illustrations and colours are lovely and make a pleasant change from the usual 'pink fairy' jewellery box designs. The sound is good and winding mechanism easy to use. The box is made from cardboard, but is sturdy enough and should last if looked after properly.

Great-Looking Large Wicker Storage Seat - 45 x 120 x 37cm. Code SSW102
Great-Looking Large Wicker Storage Seat - 45 x 120 x 37cm. Code SSW102
Offered by BHMA Limited
Price: 165.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Large wicker storage seat, 18 July 2013
I am delighted with his item - it looks great in our bay window alcove and is perfect for hiding all daughter's toys and yet having them accessible. The additional seating is a bonus. The item is sturdy and well made but not heavy to move for hoovering around.
I am particularly impressed by Gadazzle's service - they responded quickly when I asked a question about size of the bench. The item arrived just 25 hours after ordering - I received notification of when it had been dispatched, then notification of the date it would arrive, then on the day, notification of the the hour slot for delivery - and it arrived within this timeframe. Great customer service -I only wish this kind of service was common to all companies!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The most fabulous, wondrous boots ever!, 12 Jan 2013
I am absolutely over the moon with these boots and would most definitely recommend to others.

I was a bit worried about sizing, having read some of the reviews and the advice to to buy a size larger - but I am a size 6 and bought a size 6 and they are a perfect, and very comfortable fit just with normal thickness socks or tights. In fact they are one of the most comfortable pair of boots I've ever bought. They were a little stiff at first and I thought they were going to take some wearing in, but after wearing them around the house for an hour the leather warmed up and they became more supple. They take a little effort to pull on and off, but once on they're a great fit and don't lift up and down at the heel, so I'd rather it that way than them being baggy like Uggs. I have quite chunky calves, so thought I might have a problem in this respect, but they're fine. They have a couple of inches of fleecy sheepskin-like trim on the inside which makes for a comfortable fit and no rubbing of hard edges on your legs.

I bought the boots after getting wet feet in the recent downpours we had, but it hasn't rained since, so I haven't been able to test this - they look extremely well made and sealed though, so I don't anticipate any problems. They keep my feet very warm, even though they are not fleecy lined. They look great with leggings/tights and skirts as well as with jeans.

I bought through Amazon and LegendFootwear were the supplier - I ordered on a Tuesday night and received the boots on the following Friday morning even though I had only paid for standard postage, so I was very pleased with this service.

These are the most expensive pair of boots I have ever bought, but thoroughly worth the money as I can see I am going to get lots of wear out of them and they are going to last a long time with the Timberland quality that you'd expect.

From a very happy Nellie boot wearer!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4