Profile for G. Guest > Reviews

Content by G. Guest

G. Guest

Nilfisk C110 3-5 PC X-Tra Pressure Washer Patio Cleaner Set with 1400 Watt Motor (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 July 2014
I've had this for more than 2 years and it is still going strong. Good pressure, great attachments. Can't fault it.

Golden Hills Manuka Honey 10+ 500g
Golden Hills Manuka Honey 10+ 500g
Offered by Blue Herbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for keeping Seborrheic Dermatitis under control, 7 July 2014
I use this to treat my Seborrheic Dermatitis. I apply it twice a day to my face with a tiny bit of water and it has kept my SD under control for a year.

Gelco GSeat Ultra Pressure Cushion for Prostatitis, Prostate, Back & Soft Tissue Pain Relief
Offered by StressNoMore

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me., 7 July 2014
Didn't work for my Chronic Prostatitis. It was just as painful to sit using this cushion as it was to sit without it.

Philips PD7042/05 Twin 7-inch dual Portable DVD Players - Black
Philips PD7042/05 Twin 7-inch dual Portable DVD Players - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 12 April 2013
After 2 years and very little use, both units have stopped working. I don't consider 2 years to be a reasonable amount of time for a DVD player to last.

Also, the mounting bracket is so long that the screens bounce up and down. I searched for alternative ways to secure the screens to the headrests, but couldn't find any.

My one star rating is purely due to the failure of the product. If there were a rating for Amazon, I would also give them 1 star since they are not interested in fixing the problem. They just want me to talk to Philips as it is out of warranty. Me mentioning the sale of goods act, and the fact that my contract is with Amazon, not Philips fell on deaf ears.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2013 4:44 PM BST

Nextbase SDV47AM - Twin Screen 7-inch Portable DVD Player - Includes Car Mount and Travel Accessories

1.0 out of 5 stars Great when it was working, 18 Oct. 2010
I bought mine last Christmas (Dec 2009) and after being used no more than 10 times, the second unit has broken (Sep 10). It still produces sound, but the screen has gone white with no picture.

Like others, I bought this with trepidation regarding reliability and customer service. Thankfully Amazon have been great and will give me my money back, so I did't have to experience the reportedly bad customer service from Nextbase. I'll be buying another make with my refund money.

The Gentle Birth Method: The Month-by-month Jeyarani Way Programme
The Gentle Birth Method: The Month-by-month Jeyarani Way Programme
by Dr. Gowri Motha

2.0 out of 5 stars There is no getting away from the fact that giving birth does sting a little., 15 Jan. 2009
I read this book with my first child and it was difficult to follow the diet, I spent most of the time feeling guilty for not having the will of iron to go against every craving my body had. I did however try my best to stick to the diet most of the time and I had reflexology and healing and did the hypnosis pretty much everyday in the third trimester. I suppose, I really did think that by doing all of the above I would have a labour that was without pain. In a way, it was a form of denial, so that when the first real contractions hit I had the shock of my life. My labour was much longer than I had expected and it wasn't gentle, it ended in a ventuse delivery. Like one other reviewer, I felt I had done something wrong, I felt I had let myself and my baby down, when I hadn't had the gentle birth I had been so focused on. The book certainly has it's good points by all means buy it, but don't get too hung up on following someones rules, at the expense of tuning in to your body and listening to your intuition. I am pregnant again and this time, I will approach the whole thing more realistically, it may be gentle, it may hurt like hell but the great thing is I'll soon forget it all when I am holding my baby in my arms.

Western Digital 250GB "My Book" Premium 1C External Hard Drive USB2.0/Firewire
Western Digital 250GB "My Book" Premium 1C External Hard Drive USB2.0/Firewire

4.0 out of 5 stars Product good, support rubbish, 24 Jan. 2007
Arrived on time as ever from Amazon.

Positives:

Small size, nice looking, quiet, easy to use once you know how

Negatives:

Instruction manual is terrible (total of 2 very small pages) If like me you are not good with computers you may have trouble initially. Setting up to use with USB was simple, but after approx 5 hours searching the Western Digital "support" site, sending them e-mails (which have not been responded to) I still have not got it working with Firewire. I wish I had bought the cheaper version that only operates with USB.

The support site has every question known to man apart from the one I need help with.

To be fair I phoned the freephone support number and the lady tried very hard to help, but still did not solve my problem.

In summary, if you are a computer numpty like me, buy the cheaper USB only version and you will be no doubt delighted. If you know computers inside out and understand all the jargon, this version may be for you if you are prepared to spend some time getting it set up.