Profile for rob > Reviews

rob

PURE Siesta, DAB/FM Clock Radio - White
PURE Siesta, DAB/FM Clock Radio - White

2.0 out of 5 stars backlit display really poor, 22 Mar 2013
Despite going on line and seeking an update (vis USB connection - but version available older than one installed), I could not resolve the very, very, very dim backlit display when the room light is turned off. You just cannot make out the time whatsoever. I have contacted the Pure support team only to be told it cannot be adjusted so I am returning this for a refund. It really is as bad as others have reviewed. If this isn't a problem for you, then I have to say this is a really good radio; nice sound with either DAB or FM and I liked the weekday/weekend alarm options.
This ticked all the boxes for what I was looking for in a DAB alarm clock but if you can't read the clock when the kids wake you up in the middle of the night, then its not effective as a "clock" is it?

Skyfall (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Skyfall (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great package, 22 Mar 2013
This proved a good buy when I was away on business and could then play the DVD on my laptop but get the blu-ray quality at home. I am now looking for other releases in the same format so I can watch on either format.

Regarding the film, this is a great story line (if a litte familiar - I'm thinking NCIS where Director Shepherd where her past caught up with her resulting in a final shoot out) but it didn't disappoint.

[100 Hits Legends] Showaddywaddy
[100 Hits Legends] Showaddywaddy
Price: 8.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 19 Nov 2011
Even as a big fan, this is stretching the claim of 100 hits!! However, there are a few songs that are either B sides or from the dark blue "Music for Pleasure" album (their second or third album?) that I have always thought were underrated. I haven't seen this album as a CD release so this inclusion of some tracks helps with this compilation Most compilations are a reshuffle of the same singles with (if you're lucky) a new cover photo. I paid 5.99 and bought with some other bits to get free delivery and for that it was good value at 5 Cds and 100 tracks. Dave bartram has written some sleeve notes that are a bonus (especially as he has stepped down from the band).

Every SWW fan should at least consider this.

A Secret Wish [25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]
A Secret Wish [25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition]
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 9.88

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem of a wish, 6 Mar 2011
Nicely packaged with comprehensive booklet. I didn't really know of this band during the eighties except that their track was used on BBC's Rally Report in the late 80s/ early 90s. The first CD is brilliant - it kept me alert during a 300 mile non-stop drive!

The second CD has what I would call bonus tracks on it but these variations merit their inclusion as well.

well worth getting hold of.

Ashes To Ashes Series 3
Ashes To Ashes Series 3
Offered by FLASH
Price: 6.30

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the first two soundtracks, 6 Aug 2010
This review is from: Ashes To Ashes Series 3 (Audio CD)
The title says it all really; if you bought the first two soundtracks, you can't not buy this one and the offering doesn't disappoint. As usual the narrative inserts are enjoyable but it was a shame that they didn't use the first episode's "my name is Alex Drake - and your guess is as good as mine!".