Profile for D. Mitchell > Reviews

For The Love of Ada - The Complete Second Series [DVD]
For The Love of Ada - The Complete Second Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Irene Handl

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosy, gentle comedy from times gone by., 22 Nov 2011
I loved this series even better than series 1. Both are excellent though. For the love of Ada is a gentle comedy of when times were different way back in 1970. The picture quality is great and Irene Handl is excellent, just love her. This will not make you roar with laughter but will definitely make you smile! If you like to see how comedies where made back then, then this is for you!

Stay Lucky [DVD] [1989]
Stay Lucky [DVD] [1989]
Dvd ~ Jan Francis

5.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment!, 3 Sep 2011
This review is from: Stay Lucky [DVD] [1989] (DVD)
This was fun! I watched all three episodes one after another and found them very entertaining. I really enjoyed the story, the banter between Sally and Thomas (as in Tank Engine, that line made me laugh) and would recommend this to anyone who likes light hearted comedy drama! It's a bit silly in places but we all need a bit of silliness at times. I'm a fan of Jan Francis and Dennis Waterman and love most things they do! I really loved the two of them in this. Looking forward to series two! Sit back and enjoy the fun!

The Knowledge [DVD] [1979]
The Knowledge [DVD] [1979]
Dvd ~ Nigel Hawthorne
Offered by Revelation Films Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best!, 24 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Knowledge [DVD] [1979] (DVD)
This is one of the best films I've seen for a long time. The acting is impeccable! Nice to see Micheal Elphick again and Lesley Joseph! The story keeps your attention all the way through...you want to see who succeeds and who fails. A good look back to 70/80's London. Yes, it's dated and the picture quality is not that great but if you can see past that this film is very much worth watching!

The Professionals: Series 1 [DVD]
The Professionals: Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gordon Jackson
Offered by claires_media_store

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gem!, 28 Jun 2011
I absolutely love The Professionals! The stories, action and characters are all terrific! Picture quality is ok. Have only watched series one so far this time around but remember Bodie and Doyle from the first time it was originally on TV. Have the other boxsets (2,3 & 4) in my collection ready to watch and can't wait! IMDB says there are 5 series and I'm lead to believe that the 5 series are all included in the 4 boxsets but I haven't checked that out yet.
This is British TV at it's best! Buy it just to see Martin Shaw and Lewis Collins in action. Well worth it!

Rosemary & Thyme  A Simple Plot/The Tree Of Death
Rosemary & Thyme A Simple Plot/The Tree Of Death
Offered by BLT-Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 24 April 2011
Great item for a great price! Love Rosemary & Thyme but the whole series are hard to find now. These discs with two or three episodes on are a great way to collect my favourite gardening duo! Would like to collect the whole lot!

Murder in Suburbia - Series One [2004] [DVD]
Murder in Suburbia - Series One [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Sheffield
Offered by rightpricediscs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 7 April 2011
This series is great! Pity there were only ever two series made. This is what good entertainment is all about! Would recommend this to anyone who likes murder/police programmes. The two main characters really suit the parts! Very entertaining!

In Sickness & In Health - Series 1 [DVD]
In Sickness & In Health - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Warren Mitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!!!, 9 Mar 2011
This has to be one of the funniest things I've watched in a long time! Absolutely brilliant from start to finish. I don't want to spoil it for anyone yet to watch it but episode 2 with Alf's incident outside the ladies toilets had me in stitches! Can't wait to watch the rest of them!

Birds of a Feather - The Complete BBC Series 5 [DVD]
Birds of a Feather - The Complete BBC Series 5 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Pauline Quirke

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite!, 8 Mar 2011
Series 5 of BOAF is definitely my favourite of all time! It is packed with laughs! I never tire of watching each episode and if you're a fan of the Birds I would say get this end enjoy it!

Fresh Fields - Series 1 [DVD] [1984]
Fresh Fields - Series 1 [DVD] [1984]

4.0 out of 5 stars Good light hearted comedy!, 27 Feb 2011
If you enjoy a light hearted comedy that's a bit silly at times this is worth watching. Although it's not laugh out loud every second I did find myself chuckling away at many times! Julia McKenzie and Anton Rodgers are wonderful to watch and Ballard Berkeley is a complete gem! Don't take it too seriously, sit back and enjoy something light. I'm going to start on series 2 very soon!

The Chain [1985] [DVD]
The Chain [1985] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Denis Lawson

5.0 out of 5 stars Warren Mitchell shines!, 21 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Chain [1985] [DVD] (DVD)
Thoroughly entertaining film and I absolutely love the pilot of Moving Story that is included here. Had watched Moving Story when it was orginally on. Wish they would release the rest as we have now had a taster on this dics. The Chain is full of interesting characters and good insight into all the stress moving house can bring. I'm not a great film watcher as I get bored with long drawn out films...but this is not one of them. This kept my interest all the way along! I would recommend this to anyone. You will have a smile on your face all the way through!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3