Profile for George > Reviews

Content by George

George

My Grammar and I (Or Should That Be 'Me'?): Old-School Ways to Sharpen Your English

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jan. 2016
Excellent book, dense with content - but amusing with it!

No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline
No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline
by Brian Tracy

4.0 out of 5 stars The truth about "success", 11 Sept. 2010
We all want to "succeed" in life, at whatever it is we define as true success.

This book is reality and its principles work. If you want gimmics or shortcuts, buy something else.

As a downside, I disagree with one or two of the author's comments in the later chapters, especially when he strays onto the subject of faith where I feel he's out of his depth and ill-informed. Otherwise this book would get 5 stars!

The God Who Is There
The God Who Is There
by F Schaeffer

5.0 out of 5 stars Restoring the Balance, 11 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The God Who Is There (Paperback)
Lots of people are prepared to read and accept at face value the views of Richard Dawkins and similar - because they're fashionable at present. Before deciding you need to read the respected people on the other side of the debate. Although it's been around a while, this is a seminal work and was one of the books that really helped shape my thinking as a student. It's good to own a copy again!