Profile for AngieT > Reviews

Content by AngieT

AngieT "AngieT" (NORTHANTS United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Classic Carrott Vol. 3
Classic Carrott Vol. 3

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Classic Carrott Vol. 3 (Audio CD)
but no where near as funny as the first two in the set. Stick to volumes 1 and 2. Probably needs to be on DVD so you can get the visuals.

How to Thrive in the Digital Age (The School of Life)
How to Thrive in the Digital Age (The School of Life)
Price: 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Defines the problem, 27 Jun 2014
but does not go a long way to offering a solution. Still a very interesting read. Will try some mroe in the series.

Hello Darling, are You Working?
Hello Darling, are You Working?
by Rupert Everett
Price: 10.77

5.0 out of 5 stars More more more, 27 Jun 2014
Loved this book. So funny, and adorable. My goodness this man is intelligent. But we were promised it would be continued... when? totally not what you could expect and wonderfully so. The illistrations are so witty too.

Forged (The Hammer Series)
Forged (The Hammer Series)
Price: 2.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Different, 14 Mar 2014
A slightly different book that usual from this author and highly enjoyable. This is now my favourite of Mr Michael's books. I was dubiouse at first but really really enjoyed the characters and their hot love life!

Religion for Atheists: A non-believer's guide to the uses of religion
Religion for Atheists: A non-believer's guide to the uses of religion
Price: 4.68

5.0 out of 5 stars THANK YOU, 14 Mar 2014
This is by far the best and most useful of Mr de Botton's fabulously useful books. I cannot say how helpful it was if only for the huge sign of relief that "It is not just me." This book should be on the list for all mental health care practitioners and well-being practitioners to issue to their clients. For any one seeking enlightenment with out the burden of having to believe in a deity. Sorry to probably mis-quote Tolkien but this book proves that "Not all those who wander are lost".

A huge thank you to the author for relieving me of part of my burden that I am the only freak who cannot cope and for shedding a bit of light on my journey.

The Virginian, a Horseman of the Plains
The Virginian, a Horseman of the Plains
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected, 3 Jan 2014
I read this book as part of an American Literature course at uni and it was totally not what I was expecting. I was expecting some gung ho shoot em up book and what I got was a wonderfully funny, whimsical read whcih I really enjoyed.

Cloud Atlas [DVD + UV Copy] [2013]
Cloud Atlas [DVD + UV Copy] [2013]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 3 Jan 2014
Not sure I understood it totally - but who cares? It did actually make me laugh (Jim Broadbent) and cry (Ben Whishaw). My geek side loved trying to keep track of who is playing who and I so wish there were some extras. It is not a film you have to fully understand. Emotionally I understood and loved it. Very satisfying.

Delphi Complete Works of M. R. James (Illustrated) (Series Four Book 2)
Delphi Complete Works of M. R. James (Illustrated) (Series Four Book 2)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars new stuff, 3 Jan 2014
Lots of new stories and essays I had not read before which is always a bonus of this series. The downside will always be the difficulty to navigate but that's just a technicality you have to put up with to have all this wonderful writing at your fingertips.

booti boot shaper COLOR - mix for 4 pairs of boots
booti boot shaper COLOR - mix for 4 pairs of boots
Offered by DayDesign
Price: 12.40

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 3 Jan 2014
I guess these do the job and are a lot cheaper than the usual boot trees but are a bit difficult to get hold of and bend into shape without them springing open on you. Maybe a little expensive for what they are too.

Fundamentals, a Tommy and Tanaka story
Fundamentals, a Tommy and Tanaka story
Price: 1.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 3 Jan 2014
I find these two characters so interesting - and sexy. I keep wanting to read more and more about them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7