Profile for Patsy K > Reviews

Content by Patsy K

Patsy K "Patsy" (Bath, UK)

Knitting kit - Daisy Duck - Complete knitting kit
Knitting kit - Daisy Duck - Complete knitting kit
Offered by DRK Promotions Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected yellow!, 24 Oct. 2013
I've had a few of these kits, I love the wool and have found them pretty straight forward to knit. However I really expected the wool to be a pale yellow as it looks in the picture (and it is a duck after all) but it is white.. not convinced I've bought a genuine kit.

Kindle Paperwhite 3G (5th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Free 3G + Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely converted, 24 Oct. 2013
I've put off buying a kindle for ages as I love the feel of a book in my hand but I decided to try it for holiday reads this year and I totally love it now. I'm reading much more as I can get books instantly and despite myself I am now a convert to kindle. The built in light is great and doesn't disturb my husband if I read in bed and having read it in most conditions, i.e. sunshine, dull light, darkness, etc have had no problems.

Care for your Guinea Pig (RSPCA Pet Guide)
Care for your Guinea Pig (RSPCA Pet Guide)
by RSPCA

3.0 out of 5 stars Just reference the internet., 24 Oct. 2013
In truth this book didn't have much more info in it than the leaflet I picked up in the pet shop. It's useful for the kids to browse through and learn from but otherwise I'd say just do a simple internet search on guinea pig care.

BUNNY BUSINESS The Grove Grey Double Decker Rabbit/ Guinea Pig Hutch and Run
BUNNY BUSINESS The Grove Grey Double Decker Rabbit/ Guinea Pig Hutch and Run

4.0 out of 5 stars Great hutch for guinea pigs, 24 Oct. 2013
This is a really nice looking hutch, simple to build and quality is pretty good. I like the design and our 2 guinea pigs are very happy in it, there's plenty space for them although the dimensions are a bit smaller than indicated in the product description which is a bit naughty. It would also be better with a door at the top to stop the guinea pigs coming down at night - we've made our own door and we've also made a base to keep it off the ground and dry in winter but otherwise it's fine.
We've had it a few weeks now and the only issue is that with all the rain, one of the bottom doors has swollen a bit making it hard to open and close.

Bunny Business Hutch Cover for Grove
Bunny Business Hutch Cover for Grove

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cover for the hutch, 24 Oct. 2013
Great fit for the hutch, good quality. Only issue is that due to the opening for the slide out tray, bottom bit of the cover sticks out and acts as a funnel for the rain to run down into. So the door has swollen a bit and now is stiff.

Living World Animal Dome, Large
Living World Animal Dome, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, no complaints, 24 Oct. 2013
Bigger than I expected, our two guinea pigs happy to have a place to hide together when out in the run

The Big Night-Night Book
The Big Night-Night Book
by Georgie Birkett
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 9 Oct. 2009
My 18 month old daughter loves this book, the tactile parts on each page delight her and we read it over and over before bedtime.

The Perfect Kitten: How to Raise a Problem-Free Cat
The Perfect Kitten: How to Raise a Problem-Free Cat
by Mr. Peter R. Neville

3.0 out of 5 stars Not overly useful, 9 Oct. 2009
If you're hoping this book will help you train your new kitten, you'll be disappointed. It's a nice book, informative but doesn't really deliver on how to raise 'the perfect kitten'

RSPCA Complete Cat Care Manual
RSPCA Complete Cat Care Manual
by Andrew Edney

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 9 Oct. 2009
Loved this book, we bought it along with our first kitten. It's a very clear book with all the basics you need to know for looking after our feline friends