Profile for Simon Martindale > Reviews

Content by Simon Martindale

Simon Martindale (Bristol, England)

That Sinking Feeling (Remastered) (BFI Flipside) (DVD + Blu-ray)
That Sinking Feeling (Remastered) (BFI Flipside) (DVD + Blu-ray)
Dvd ~ Robert Buchanan
Price: 14.29

5.0 out of 5 stars I owe the BFI so much, 29 April 2014
This is such an important film for so many reasons. Bill Forsyth and many of the cast cut their teeth here before moving on to the rightly much loved Gregory's Girl. A lot of of the charm of that film is evident, but drenched in late 70's Glasgow rain, That Sinking Feeling quickly immerses us in the boredom of the core characters. That the plot is driven by a very low key heist is pretty much secondary. These wonderful actors, the dry whimsy, I could listen to them day and night.

Previous release formats have been deeply flawed, so I could not be more chuffed. This is brilliant, brighter both in definition and audio. Love it.

2x RCA Phono Female to 1x 3.5mm Male Jack Audio Adapter
2x RCA Phono Female to 1x 3.5mm Male Jack Audio Adapter
Offered by MI-EShop.
Price: 0.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 15 Mar 2014
Thanks, this gets sound from my turntable to my Sonos, it's really great stuff. Cheap and quickly despatched, thank you.

Shrink My Tunes (PC)
Shrink My Tunes (PC)
Offered by CYMATICS
Price: 4.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Be certain this is the right product for you., 13 Nov 2007
This review is from: Shrink My Tunes (PC) (CD-ROM)
Whilst there is no question that the product does what it is supposed to do, I found it desperately slow for the number of files I needed to work with.

I knew very quickly that it was not for me, thus sought a refund. That's where the fun starts. The company provide a letter of software destruction that has to be mailed or faxed to them. I completed it dutifully, and sent it off to them.

They claim Royal Mail must have lost my letter. The only alternative to mailing is fax, which I haven't owned in 10 years. I am reluctant to send more letters by mail, given the amount of time and effort I have already wasted.

As I write, I still do not have a refund and I really wish I had not bothered.