Profile for Paul Tinsley > Reviews

Content by Paul Tinsley
Top Reviewer Ranking: 801

Paul Tinsley "Tinz" (Guernsey, British Channel Islands)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Battle for Sevastopol
Battle for Sevastopol
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars It will become a Classic, 3 Jun. 2016
A fantastically immersive delivery of Russian culture, bravery, romance and compassion entwined within a remarkable story about a young Russian female sniper with a kill tally exceeding 300. The direction, acting and visuals are intoxicating and convincing. You need to experience this masterpiece to truly understand the many tragic and triumphant facets that gave people hope in times of great adversity.

Ted Baker Guri 8, Men Brogue, Black (Black), 9 UK (43 EU)
Ted Baker Guri 8, Men Brogue, Black (Black), 9 UK (43 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and Style, 18 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These Ted Baker shoes are very comfortable, very stylish, and very modern. It is a brilliant design with the wooden style feature being a very nice touch. However, I personally feel like the soles are a bit too heavy while walking, but this does mean the shoes are very sturdy. They have excellent grip, much more like a boot, so they should be pretty good on wet surfaces.

The overall quality is very high and the shoes have a timeless style about them, making them suitable to wear for many occasions. You feel very well dressed in them, which is what you would expect from this brand.

ASUS RT-AC5300 Tri-Band 4x4 Gigabit Wireless Gaming Router with Link Aggregation/Adaptive QoS/ASUS Router/App Support/Dual-WAN 3G/4G Support

5.0 out of 5 stars Best range, best speed, 14 May 2016
I have been on a mission for years to find the ultimate router to serve my enormous 7 person strong family in my rabbit warren of a house, which is split over three floors. Signal strength has always been an issue and the house has endless wireless black spots which have been impossible to fill, due to the lame performance of the wireless extenders that I have tried so far.

I impulsively snapped this up feeling at first that I had yet again conned myself into thinking I had wasted yet more money on yet another router upgrade ... I nearly passed out when I fired up this alien device! It belted out a powerful signal from the ground floor which easily reaches all seven bedrooms, passing through thick Victorian walls and two floors to reach my bedroom in the attic, allowing me to watch Netflix in 4K on my Smart TV as if it was wired into ethernet!

It's a dream router that can handle everything you could throw at it. The only limit is your internet bandwidth, which sadly in Guernsey is maxed out at 30Mbps, but even with that limitation, the QoS system on the router effortlessly prioritises either single devices, devices in an IP range or types of internet traffic. It smashes the pants off all other routers that I have ever used and I am positive that it isn't technology of an earthly origin. I have never seen anything like it and it has solved all of my problems. Get it!

Russell Hobbs 21600 Illuminating Glass Kettle, 1.7 L - Blue Illumination
Russell Hobbs 21600 Illuminating Glass Kettle, 1.7 L - Blue Illumination

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Lighting, 18 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We love this kettle! I have a household of 7 people, all of whom love coffee or tea, so kettles get quite a beating in my house. Everyone loves the blue LEDs which light up the water. It looks especially cool at night and complements the LED lighting that we have in the kitchen. Nobody has said anything negative about it, which is very rare as they are a picky bunch, so the kettle deserves a solid 5 stars from us. It boils 1.5 litres of water at around 13 degrees C out of the tap to boiling point in 3.5 minutes. I don't know if this is good or bad, but it seems quite good to us, so we are happy with its power. What I think we all like best about it is that it just boils water, there are no other widgets or devices to worry about. Just fill, drop on the platform, press the switch and it does the job. That's what a decent electrical kettle does, and if you like wtahcing fireplaces, watch the bubbles as the water boils illuminated in a cool blue light ... it's hypnotic!

Geco Supplements Organic Turmeric + Curcumin & BioPerine (120 x 500mg Veg Caps)
Geco Supplements Organic Turmeric + Curcumin & BioPerine (120 x 500mg Veg Caps)

4.0 out of 5 stars Working for me, 30 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These oblong tablets have a nice herbal aroma to them and are easy to swallow. I have been taking them daily for around three weeks to help alleviate inflammation due to a repetitive strain injury. I have noticed some slight effect in treating this condition, but have had to result to pharmaceutical treatment too, as the condition is quite severe. I try as hard as possible to stick with natural remedies, as I feel that the human body is able to heal itself with the right nutritional support. I also suffer ill side effects with many man-made forms of treatment. I will continue to take these, as I believe that open a natural doorway to recovery over the longer term and they certainly haven't produced any ill side-effects at all.

Asustor AS1002T Diskless 2 Bay Network Attached Storage
Asustor AS1002T Diskless 2 Bay Network Attached Storage

4.0 out of 5 stars A good mid-range NAS, 24 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Look:
Build-quality is good but appearance is basic and functional. The diamond-plate finish is a little gimmicky for my taste but does improve on the otherwise 'boxy' appearance.

Features:
The 1002T, as a home-use device, is very feature rich. I cannot imagine a person will make use of every available feature, but rather tailor it to their individual requirements. For my own purpose I've used it as a repository for my DropBox account and also as an IP Camera Security Server. I'll still look into using it as an iTunes Server.

User interfaces are Intuitive and mostly app based so it is quite easy to get most things done using your mobile phone. Possibly not for the beginner who simply wants to plug and play. The numerous apps and guides are well documented in the online forum discussions provided by Asustor.

In terms of backups there is RAID support for redundancy of hard drives, external USB support as well as cloud based backup solutions. My PS3 immediately detected the 1002T as a Media Server, though I haven’t got around to set up any media streaming as yet. The DropBox app within the console is easy to configure and soon the device was mass downloading my 400GB of data.

Pros:
Many, many server applications, all well documented and supported in the online forums. Quiet operation in my living room. For its price, a competitive amount of features.

Cons:
For basic users with few requirements, there may be too many features and therefore the cost may not be justified. Get yourself a simpler 2-bay NAS.

Conclusion:
I would give it 3.75 Stars out of 5 if that was possible, hence I'm willing to round up to 4. Aimed at a tech-savvy home user, a good prospect for anyone looking to specifically set up a few of the features on offer. It's not a plug n play solution and you would have to spend some time setting it up to make the most of it. For the flexibility and features it does offer, it's a good deal from my point of view.

tesa 55791-00000-00 19 mm x 1.5 m Ultra Strong Foam Mounting Tape
tesa 55791-00000-00 19 mm x 1.5 m Ultra Strong Foam Mounting Tape

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, 22 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This works best when applied at a reasonable room temperature in dry conditions. You can use it outdoors, but I have only found uses indoors so far. I used the tape to hold up a small electrical switch for some led lights and also a key rack. The items aren't that heavy, so perhaps the tape is a little overkill for my purposes as it claims to hold 10kg per 10cm of tape. However, they certainly haven't budged and feel strongly bonded to the wall. It definitely works and is very handy for those moments when you don't want the hassle of drilling holes into your walls. Instead, you can be done in seconds and your walls escape the ordeal!

Fintie Fire HD 10 2015 SmartShell Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Standing Cover with Auto Wake / Sleep for Amazon Fire HD 10 Tablet (10.1" HD Display 5th Generation - 2015 release), Dual Color
Offered by Fintie EU

2.0 out of 5 stars Cover comes apart, 27 Feb. 2016
The case looks fantastic and the overall build is good. However, the cover starting peeling away after a couple of weeks and threads from the underlay started fraying. I had to trim off the loose threads with scissors and glue down the cover. I do feel somewhat ripped off for the price I paid. If you buy it, keep the glue handy!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2016 7:07 AM GMT

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI 2.0 Cable - 1.8m / 6 Feet (2-Pack) (Latest Standard)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value, Amazing Performance, 10 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I swapped this cable out with my existing premium brand one ... and ... no difference whatsoever! I paid a handsome price for my big brand cable and Amazon's cable works equally as good. I even tried out the 4K Astra Demo on satellite fed into my 4K HDTV and the picture and sound were outstanding.

This is a great value cable. I highly recommend it.

Philips SC2009/00 Lumea IPL Cordless Hair Removal Device on Body, Face and Bikini

3.0 out of 5 stars You need Patience, 7 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife has been using this product. It’s quite straightforward to use, but you do need to swap out a number of different attachments for different parts of the body. She also advises using a mirror for the back of the legs, as you should avoid repeating treatment to the same spot.

Here’s how long she takes:

Lips / Chin – 1 minute – Red / Pink lens attachment
Underarms – 1 minute – Clear lens attachment
Bikini Line – 4 minutes – Blue lens attachment
Legs – 28 minutes – Clear lens attachment

It’s cordless use only, so you need to ensure the unit is fully charged before you start a treatment session. The controls on the device are easy to operate and the attachments are easy to snap on and off. The light produced by the device will not harm your eyes, but my wife did find the flash very bright and a bit annoying.

The Stamp and Flash method is slower, but great for beginners. The Slide and Flash method is easier and faster, but for experienced Users. You are advised to treat your skin once every two weeks, then after around 4 to 5 uses, touch up every 4 to 8 weeks, depending upon the results you are obtaining. This is a slow process, and my wife hasn’t yet run enough uses to comment on results, but I will add an update as soon as enough time has passed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2016 8:48 AM BST