Profile for Mia > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Amelie from Montmartre Japanese - One Sheet - Poster - 70cm x 100cm
Amelie from Montmartre Japanese - One Sheet - Poster - 70cm x 100cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely poster, 6 Oct 2013
Bought this as I am having my room redecorated and I adore this film. It's average poster size, a gorgeous colour and I love the print. Could look nice in any room and it's nice to have a poster that's not the usual DVD artwork because it can get a bit repetitive, as much as I love it! Would definitely recommend as a statement piece.

Real Techniques Stippling Brush
Real Techniques Stippling Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars Great brush!, 6 Oct 2013
I'm relatively new to makeup and so I wanted to get a pretty cheap brush that was good quality -- this is perfect for me. It's so soft and I love that it's synthetic so it's animal friendly. What's great about this brush, as opposed to their others, is that you can apply liquid foundation, powder and blush/bronzer so it's great value for money rather than buying a lot of brushes. Would definitely recommend this brush!

Soap And Glory The Breakfast Scrub Oat, Shea Butter & Sugar Body Smoother 300ml
Soap And Glory The Breakfast Scrub Oat, Shea Butter & Sugar Body Smoother 300ml
Offered by Stephensons Online LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 16 Aug 2013
I got this as a gift and honestly didn't think I'd ever use it, tried it once and fell in love! It smells absolutely beautiful and leaves skin feeling so smooth and lovely. I use it on my face every morning and it just makes my skin look so much brighter and nicer! I couldn't live without it any more, a must have.

Heart of Nowhere
Heart of Nowhere

3.0 out of 5 stars Heart of Nowhere, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Heart of Nowhere (Audio CD)
I'm a huge NATW fan, so I pre-ordered this album with high hopes. All their previous albums I've loved -- they're quirky, well-written, and all a bit different from each other, which is nice. I was quite disappointed with this purchase; the introduction and first track are quite good, as is 'Now is Exactly the Time' but the other tracks just scream bland. Lyrically and vocally, they're fine, but just nothing special, which is such a step down. I feel like this album is the outtakes from 'Last Night on Earth.' The tracks sound quite similar to those of the previous album, but without the road trip-essence. Overall, it's an alright album, but a huge step down from the previous three albums and a disappointment from such a great band.

Bon Iver
Bon Iver

5.0 out of 5 stars Bon Iver-Bon Iver Review, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: Bon Iver (MP3 Download)
I bought this album after having heard (and loving) one or two Bon Iver songs before, on a whim really, and I must say I absolutely love it. The songs are so beautifully written and have such emotion behind them as is evident! The opening song (Perth) is just beautiful, a lot of it is instrumental, but not boring or nothing-y as a lot of instrumentals can be. My other favourites from the album would have to Holocene, Towers and Beth/Rest which are some of the more famous off of the album, so would follow! However, all of the songs are great and I would really recommend this album. I would say the band is definitely an acquired taste - I can see that some people would really hate this - but people that are into Alternative/Indie Rock would most certainly enjoy it. A must-buy!

The Summer EP
The Summer EP

4.0 out of 5 stars The Summer EP, 17 April 2012
This review is from: The Summer EP (MP3 Download)
Bought this EP a few months ago and it is great! I have listened to it loads, and it one of the happiest things on my iPod. The songs are all very sweet, Simple Enough standing out as a favourite for me. I'd only heard 2 of the songs before so they were all a nice surprise. Very much enjoyed, would recommend!

Last Night On Earth
Last Night On Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars Last Night on Earth, 22 Feb 2012
This review is from: Last Night On Earth (MP3 Download)
Bought this album after hearing a few Noah and the Whale songs - L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N and Tonight's the Kind of Night - which I really liked. It is a truly fantastic album! Almost all of the songs are catchy and great, and I went on to buy Peaceful, The World Lays Me Down after. On buying their first album, you can really say how much they've come on - I find the tunes a lot better. Wild Thing and Old Joy aren't brilliant, but almost all of the other songs are. Give It All Back and Waiting for my Chance to Come really stand out for me because they have so much more emotion in them than most of the other songs on the album and most popular music today! It's so nice to hear current music that they have written and performed themselves, and isn't full of autotune!

Harry Potter Series - Hogwarts House Crests American Apparel T-Shirt, Cranberry, Small
Offered by HiveTees-US

4.0 out of 5 stars Hogwarts Crest T-Shirt, 22 Feb 2012
This T-Shirt is a very good buy - it's comfy, it looks nice and is quite versatile - it can be worn with loads of different things. I got the cranberry colour and it is actually a really nice colour. The sizing is a bit larger than most high street shops and so it's quite large but doesn't particularly matter. Over all, pleased with it, it arrived in good time and is very good for any HP fan - would make a good bday present!

May Contain Nuts
May Contain Nuts
by John O'Farrell

4.0 out of 5 stars May Contain Nuts, 6 Feb 2012
This review is from: May Contain Nuts (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book and have read it numerous times. The reviews that say that this book is not funny are utterly wrong - it's absolutely hilarious!
Some of my friends that have also read it have said that the story's stupid, but to me it seems like that is the point - it is meant to be a ridiculous story because it is mocking the upper-class. It was the first book I read by John O-Farrell and inspired me to read some of his other books and I am so glad I found it - it really is great!

EyeCatchBags - Dog Emblem Faux Leather Fabretti Womens Purse Black/Lilac
EyeCatchBags - Dog Emblem Faux Leather Fabretti Womens Purse Black/Lilac

3.0 out of 5 stars EyeCatchBags Wallet, 13 Jan 2012
Loved this wallet when I found it on amazon and immediately bought it as my old wallet was wearing away a bit anyway. It is a very nice wallet that is very well made but unfortunately it is a bit small to fit some cards in - my visa is very tightly fitted into the card section and my bus pass doesn't actually fit in at all and I've had to start keeping it elsewhere. I don't particularly mind, however it is a little annoying. All in all, a good buy.

Page: 1 | 2