Profile for Hitch22 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Toscanini conducts Beethoven: The Nine Symphonies
Toscanini conducts Beethoven: The Nine Symphonies

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain beyond belief, 1 Jun 2013
Even if you have other versions this is still and probably always will be one of the greats and for about the same price as a pint of cider in my local, Truly unbelievable.

The Radio Ballads: The Horn Of The Hunter
The Radio Ballads: The Horn Of The Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy every Radio Ballad if you can, 5 May 2013
The stunning Radio Ballads by Ewan McColl now have passed on to the truly wonderful Jez Lowe and John Tams and they're as good as ever for recording special moments in time. Like listening to a compilation of stuff that you care about on Newsnight with a great folksong soundtrack. Magical stuff. I hope you fox hunting, Daily Mail reading people out there still carrying out your illegal and nasty little "sport" don't ever complain at other law breaking practises you f'ing hypocrites.

The Innkeepers [DVD]
The Innkeepers [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sara Paxton
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars A great..., 26 April 2013
This review is from: The Innkeepers [DVD] (DVD)
...example of what many films miss nowadays, especially horror. Create characters with substance that are likable and the horror or whatever is massively enhanced.I think someone mentioned previously that there is a sort of romantic comedy element to this film that could have gone off in another direction. I loved this film.

Derek - Series 1 [DVD]
Derek - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ricky Gervais

5.0 out of 5 stars Gervais is a genius, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: Derek - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm surprised at the negative reviews for this series because when I sat through it in one sitting I felt I'd been emotionally smacked in the face but in a good way. I guess some people just don't "get" Ricky Gervais but I'm so, so glad that I think that I do. Brilliant...and then he does the wonderful Comic Relief Brent "Equality Street" stuff...if you don't know look it up on You Tube. Brent/Ricky...there's a record that demands to be released.

This Is Herman Cain!: My Journey to the White House
This Is Herman Cain!: My Journey to the White House
by Herman Cain

1.0 out of 5 stars You can get....., 10 Mar 2013
...this for a penny but please take my advice and don't waste your money. Look up the stuff by this man on You Tube. It's staggering, almost delusional that he thought he could be the President. Unbelievable... like Palin the American Right scares me with their power,ignorance and stupidity.

Alan Partridge - Mid-Morning Matters [DVD]
Alan Partridge - Mid-Morning Matters [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Coogan

5.0 out of 5 stars If it's possible..., 24 Feb 2013
...the legend that is Alan Partridge just gets better and it appears there might be so much more to get if the genius that is Mr Coogan wants to. The audio book LTAA is for me the funniest thing I've ever read - slash- listened to but this wonderful series is pretty close.

CSI: Ambleside
CSI: Ambleside

5.0 out of 5 stars I've laughed..., 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: CSI: Ambleside (Audio CD)
...more times at the genius lyrics of National Shite Day than I have in the entire history of ITV's comedy output. As others have said, almost everything they've done is wonderful, literally belly-laugh out loud at times but this is in no way a comedy band. This is seriously good (Fall-like) music, massively enhanced if you take a bit of time to listen to the lyrics. There's a fantastic site where you can see them all...The Half Man Half Biscuit Lyrics Project.

The Likely Lads Collection (6 Disc BBC Box Set) [DVD]
The Likely Lads Collection (6 Disc BBC Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Bolam

5.0 out of 5 stars One..., 8 Feb 2013
...of a few great British comedies that got the cast just perfect. As with Dad's Army, Fools and Horses, Til' Death...a few others... perfect casting plus great writing = timeless comedy.

Essential Martin Carthy
Essential Martin Carthy

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain alert!!!, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Essential Martin Carthy (Audio CD)
This is an unbelievable bargain whether you purchase the CD or mp3. Martin Carthy and his wonderful family have created so much fantastic music that this just touches the surface but it really is a great start, if you're starting, or a great 2 disc compilation if you have most of the stuff already.

Paul Robeson: The Complete EMI Sessions 1928-1939
Paul Robeson: The Complete EMI Sessions 1928-1939

5.0 out of 5 stars First of all, this is..., 26 Jan 2013
..a stunning bargain. This really is one of the greatest singers you will ever hear singing about things that are important. Also, a great man, my gramp used to talk about him to me, I didd't really understand at the time...I do now.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12