Profile for Hitch22 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Icon: Jussi Bjorling
Icon: Jussi Bjorling

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but not perfect, 9 July 2014
Old enough to have listened to pretty much all of the great Tenors and Jussi just stands out a mile for me. This is a truly wonderful selection but surely there's one absolutely essential track missing.

We Are The Best! [DVD]
We Are The Best! [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mira Barkhammar

5.0 out of 5 stars LUKAS MOODYSSON...LOOK HIM UP., 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: We Are The Best! [DVD] (DVD)
Lukas Moodysson's previous films, Lilya-4-Ever, Together, Show Me Love are Ken-Loach-Like-Perfect in my eyes and he tends to get the most amazing of performances from his, often young, unknown actors...he certainly did here, the performances are truly wonderful. For me, LM film releases are anticipated like Beatles /Ken Loach / Mike Leigh / Radiohead / "Alan Partridge" / Stewart Lee / Richard Dawkins releases. When the film ends I'd be surprised if you don't want to rush out immediately and share it with everyone you love or like. Subsequently if you do,and they happen to dislike this film, drop them...they cannot be human or have ever been young.

Long Time Gone
Long Time Gone

5.0 out of 5 stars SO GLAD..., 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: Long Time Gone (MP3 Download)
I discovered this artist on You Tube after listening to a Christy Moore version on one of the great songs here...If they come in the morning. In a short time I've researched more and played him to death. If you love Pete Seeger etc. as I do, this is a must. Also a great You Tube channel.

Spunk
Spunk

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheers surely to...., 25 April 2014
This review is from: Spunk (Audio CD)
...Mott The Hoople. Still a great record in its own right. I prefer it to the obvious classic as it's so raw and more sincere.

Singing The Spirit Home
Singing The Spirit Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Some of the finest folk songs, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Singing The Spirit Home (Audio CD)
I was initially surprised to learn that two of my absolute favourite anti-war songs were written by Eric Bogle (Green Fields'... and 'Waltzing...)...then to find so much more in this wonderful set. Like the great Leon Rosselson, Eric's songs have been covered many times by great artists, which says much. The Men They Couldn't Hang's version of Green Fields of France is angry and great by the way....see it on You Tube.

Lies, Lies & Government
Lies, Lies & Government

5.0 out of 5 stars Now that's what I call proper Music., 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Lies, Lies & Government (Audio CD)
Forever grateful to a friend that led me from a world of ignorance to discover simply wonderful bands like Calvin Party, Half Man Half Biscuit, Kitchens of Distinction, Chameleons, Chumbawamba etc. Sadly, this is hard to get so generally expensive but it's a great record.

Cheers -  The Complete Seasons Box Set [DVD] [1982]
Cheers - The Complete Seasons Box Set [DVD] [1982]
Dvd ~ Ted Danson

5.0 out of 5 stars WATCHING AGAIN, 15 Mar 2014
...on ITV4...not really watched Cheers since the 80/90's....Always remembered it as good...Now, I'm grown up...watching again, I now know it's one of the few comedy greats.

Children of Heaven [DVD]
Children of Heaven [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amir Naji

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney eat your heart out, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Children of Heaven [DVD] (DVD)
Surely the best film about sibling and family love and respect you'll ever see. No amount of money, no professional actors could even begin to recreate the genius simplicity or sincerity here. The non-actors (children) here are absolutely brilliant, quite remarkable. It's a beautiful film, full of memorable scenes. Buy, watch, whatever...support great films and film makers like this.

The Nuremberg Trial
The Nuremberg Trial
by Ann Tusa

5.0 out of 5 stars Audible version, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Nuremberg Trial (Paperback)
This is a very long Audio version but my goodness at half way into it, not a moment that's not interesting for me. I struggle to stop listening, it's that good. It has everything...politics, inevitable with the 4 victorious (Empire) nations, genuine argument (regarding different legal systems), trivia (what should the judges wear?), suspicion (was one of the rather legally ignorant Soviet Judges KGB?)... and that's before we even start on the defendants. Obviously this was a major event in World history and this is a brilliant book if you're interested in that. The audio book is very highly recommended by me.

Random Access Memories
Random Access Memories
Offered by mrtopseller

2.0 out of 5 stars Average personified, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Random Access Memories (Audio CD)
I've really tried to find the stuff that is apparently so good...sadly....can't find it here. Give me Can or Neu.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12