Profile for Hitch22 > Reviews

Devil's Bridge [DVD]
Devil's Bridge [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joseph Millson

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good film, 15 April 2012
This review is from: Devil's Bridge [DVD] (DVD)
Loved this film because I found myself caring for at least 2 of the guys.Top quality horror film. 'Tis true...an awful advert for the Nationalistic idiots of these Isles.

The Duckworth Lewis Method
The Duckworth Lewis Method

5.0 out of 5 stars AN ABSOLUTE JOY, 8 April 2012
If you love music and cricket this will surely just make your day when you first discover it.Every song is different and wonderful in a sort of Kinks/ELO/Noel Coward sort of way. The lyrics are just brilliant.If you just like music and hate cricket, this is still one hell of a great pop record.

Folk, Blues And Beyond
Folk, Blues And Beyond

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS WAS 1964?, 2 April 2012
Goodness...what a find.I read a bit before and since finding this record and it's a staggeringly influential man and record. Anyone interested in Folk, Pentangle, Led Zeppelin, genius guitarists...you have to buy this.

Gaughan Live! At the Trades Club
Gaughan Live! At the Trades Club

5.0 out of 5 stars This is real music, 4 Mar 2012
This is the sort of music I search for all the time. When I find it...wow, I'm pleased. this artist as good as it gets for me. Everything I love about music is in this man. Human, sincere...

A Secret History? The Best Of The Divine Comedy
A Secret History? The Best Of The Divine Comedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a starter, 24 Feb 2012
I started with this and for a while thought it was all I would need by the DC. Nothing could be further from the truth. Neil Hannon is a genius song writer and I've come to realise I'll buy all his stuff, for fear of missing a gem or ten.The side thing - Duckworth Lewis Method - is also up there with the great Village Green...of the Kinks. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant artist.

I, Partridge: We Need To Talk About Alan
I, Partridge: We Need To Talk About Alan
by Steve Coogan

5.0 out of 5 stars My only disappointment is..., 5 Feb 2012
I can't listen to the audio book on the bus, fear for looking like a complete mad person. This is the funniest thing I've ever read, slash, listened to. The audio book is split up well into thirty-odd chapters, making your favourite bits easy to locate but in any case, every one is just superbly funny. Come on BBC,ITV, C4 or even Sky, let's have "Swallow"! Ten stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2012 11:02 AM BST

Rodrigo Y Gabriela
Rodrigo Y Gabriela

5.0 out of 5 stars REAL MUSIC, 15 Jan 2012
This review is from: Rodrigo Y Gabriela (Audio CD)
Wow...this is real music, the best I've discovered for ages. And from what I know of them, pretty good people too. WONDERFUL.BUY IT.

Jim Davidson: Bulging Package [DVD]
Jim Davidson: Bulging Package [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jim Davidson

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY POOR, 8 Jan 2012
I love stand up but this really is poor. A sort of cliche-ridden rant from the 1970's that lacks any charm or humour. Truly, awful. Don't waste your money.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2014 12:12 AM BST

Jim Davidson: In Your Face [DVD]
Jim Davidson: In Your Face [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jim Davidson
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars WASTE OF MONEY AND ZERO STARS, 8 Jan 2012
Truly awful. The quality of sound and picture is poor enough but the material? Christ, this makes Joe Pasquali look like George Carlin. In Your Face is now in a Charity Shop for some poor soul to buy... My apologies. AVOID.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2013 5:42 PM GMT

Jim Jefferies: I Swear To God / Contraband [DVD]
Jim Jefferies: I Swear To God / Contraband [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 of the 2 best, 11 Dec 2011
..at present for me, along with the great Stewart Lee. JJ is offensive but in that great Billy Connelly sort of way, which says if you are...you're an idiot so I don't care..

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13