Profile for Nicky > Reviews

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kristen Stewart
Offered by Todays Great Deal

3.0 out of 5 stars Somthing Missing, 29 July 2010
I went to see this film, boiling over with excitement. I LOVE the books, and I LOVE Edwards character.
So I sat in the cinema, like a child at Christmas. 20 minutes into the film, it occurred to me that I
wasn't feeling so excited anymore. I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong. But something was seriously missing.
The first film totally absorbed me, New Moon was gripping and romantic,but this left me feeling like I wanted more.
I agree with some of the other reviews, there didn't seem to be any chemistry between Bella and Edward, the
whole reason for the story. In the first film, you can tell they actually found each other attractive, and it was exciting to watch. I didn't get that feeling in Eclipse. I felt deflated when I left the cinema, I had built it up in my head and it didn't live up to expectations. I really hope they sort this out before making Breaking Dawn. Does Stephanie Meyer get a say in how these films are made? If I had written those books, I would expect raw sizzling passion from the actors playing my main roles.
I actually felt it oozing from Kristen and Robert that they don't like being part of the Twilight thing anymore. The first film, they had no idea what it would become, and you can tell they enjoyed making it. But this time I could FEEL that they were almost just going through the motions of playing Bella and Edward for the pay cheque and can't wait for the whole thing to be finished so that they can go back to playing roles in "Independent" films. It's not good enough and it spoilt the film for me. I loved Jacob, and he outshone the pair of them put together, and I am Team Edward all the way!!! Sort it out for Breaking Dawn PLEASE!!!!
Comment Comments (23) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2011 7:46 PM GMT