Profile for the Knight > Reviews

House Of Cards - Season 2 [Blu-ray]
House Of Cards - Season 2 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Kevin Spacey

5.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating..., 9 July 2014
...that it will probably be months and months before series 3 comes out on DVD. I was ecstatic when series two was available after waiting a couple of months after finishing seeing the equally brilliant series 1, and it did not disappoint!

Line of Duty Series 2 [DVD]
Line of Duty Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Martin Compston

5.0 out of 5 stars Warning: unbearably suspenseful, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Line of Duty Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I would wholeheartedly recommend getting seasons one and two together, which would work out cheaper than getting the two series separately. This is a superior police drama and thriller. Be warned, though, it is very suspenseful.

Orphan Black [Blu-ray]
Orphan Black [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Tatiana Maslany

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Orphan Black [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
When one of the characters in this series gets shot in the head in the second episode, I thought, 'It wouldn't bother me if this were to happen to all of the people in this series'. While watching the third episode, which I wouldn't have even bothered starting to watch if I hadn't paid nearly twenty quid for this product, I pressed the stop button, thinking, 'I can't watch any more of this rubbish!' I generally manage to buy TV series on DVD that make me care whether the characters in them live or die. The people in this series are such nonentities. The dialogue is like the dialogue one would expect to find in a film or series made for kids. The idea is interesting, but the awful way the characters in the series interrract with each other seriously detracts from this. The dialogue was probably made to amuse, but the only people who could possible find it funny are the kind of people who watch very bad Hollywood romantic comedies or Hollywood adventure movies for kids.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2014 8:56 PM GMT

Utopia [Blu-ray]
Utopia [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Alexandra Roach

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreal and immature, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Utopia [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Interesting idea, but I found it impossible to relate to the unreal world the story takes place in and the irritating, unreal characters who take centre stage. Take out the violent bits and the interrractions between the people are similar to what one would expect in a sci-fi drama made for eight year olds.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2014 11:14 PM BST

Devil Rides Out (Blu-ray + DVD) [1968]
Devil Rides Out (Blu-ray + DVD) [1968]
Dvd ~ Christopher Lee

2.0 out of 5 stars Dated, 17 April 2014
When I first saw this film ages ago on British TV as a kid, I loved it. I found it to be quite scary, which I'm sure it was mean to be. When I saw it quite recently on DVD (not this particular copy), I didn't find it to be in the slightest bit scary and I found it to be very dated in all respects. The acting really got on my nerves - the actors deliver their lines in such an unnatural way. What's more, when my son, who was about nine at the time, watched it with me, he didn't find it to be at all scary.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 16, 2014 9:09 AM BST

The Body [Blu-ray]
The Body [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Oriol Paulo
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great thriller!, 13 April 2014
This review is from: The Body [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Despite having an ability to guess what the twist in many a thriller will be, I didn't guess what it would be in this one until it was revealed. This is a classy, well made thriller.

Like Father Like Son - Robson Green & Jemma Redgrave [DVD]
Like Father Like Son - Robson Green & Jemma Redgrave [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robson Green
Offered by thelastresortofmusic

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 13 April 2014
How on earth did this production get an average rating of five stars (before my review?) I was tempted to just stop watching it. It was so amateurish and cheap looking ! Much of the acting was awful. Some of the 'actors' were surely not professional actors at all. One thing I noticed was that characters were often sweating, as if so little money was being spent on this production that they were having to work in over-heated interiors. And the plot was so predictable!

Que Pasa
Que Pasa

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!, 23 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Que Pasa (Audio CD)
This is a superb album. I would describe the music on it as a fusion of reggae, dub reggae and jazz. It's upbeat, raw, it has wonderful deep bass sounds,- I think a good ol' double bass was used - and great horn and flute solos. I'm sure that anyone who likes heavy, instrumental reggae, dub or jazz would like this album.

The Fall [DVD]
The Fall [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gillian Anderson

5.0 out of 5 stars The best TV crime drama I've seen in a while, 9 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Fall [DVD] (DVD)
I've been a consumer of TV crime dramas on DVD for quite some time, although I've become a bit disillusioned of late with the rather preposterous plots that characterise a fair number of them (I almost gave up on the last series of 'Luther' before watching all episodes and 'Messiah' struck me as plain ridiculous). This one did not strike me as being at all preposterous. I found it to be disturbingly and compellingly authentic and realistic throughout. At last we have a serial killer who doesn't just appear in his victims' homes as if the laws of physics do not apply to serial killers. All of the killer's accomplishments (for want of a better word) in this one are shown in sufficient detail to make them very believable. And this one is a compelling character study of both the murderer, his family and the police personnel, particularly the officer played by Gillian Anderson, who are after him. I can't wait for the second series.

Ripper Street [DVD]
Ripper Street [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matthew Macfadyen
Offered by rsdvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, 3 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Ripper Street [DVD] (DVD)
I found this series a little difficult to get into at first, but it grew on me. This is probably because the characters grow on one. By the last episode I felt a great deal of sympathy for the main characters. It's a lavish production too, with a lot of emphasis on period detail. Each episode is also suspenseful - I was on the edge of my seat at times.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5