Profile for FitzHalloran > Reviews

FitzHalloran (London)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars This really works!, 6 April 2014
Yes folks, I bought this on Amazon myself and I can vouch for it. I had tendonitis and together with physio it really sped up my recovery (the physio was working, but slow). I am now getting some early Rhumetoid Arthiritis symptoms in my fingers joints. It's too early to tell if it will bring it under complete control but without doubt it provides pain relief and joint mobility. I have tried all the creams and potions and I am telling you, it may not work for absolutely everyone but there is a reason this is rated so highly. Heaven sent!

Novasonic Popular
Novasonic Popular
Offered by The Pill Box Shop
Price: 150.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: Novasonic Popular
Oh how I wanted this to work for me. I read the reviews and was totally sold. I have had shoulder impingement with an inflamed tendon, one of the indicated conditions. I used the Novasonic for three days and started getting tingling nerve pain. I persevered as the instructions state chronic conditions can become worse before they become better as the presentation reverts back to acute pathology. However on the third night I suffered intense nerve pain in my wrist that caused me to break out into a sweat. Massive doses of Serrapeptase with ibuprofen brought the nerve entrapment somewhat under control but I regret to say it hasn't worked for me. Very disappointed. It actually aggravated my symptoms and subsequently I discovered that sonic waves can and do irritate nerves. I wish that was listed as a contraindication in the instructions. Maybe it works for muscular pain but be cautious with any inflammation or nerve pain associated with it. Back to Physio and nerve gliding exercises for me!

Kitchen Craft Potato Chipper with Interchangeable Blades
Kitchen Craft Potato Chipper with Interchangeable Blades
Offered by One Click Wonder
Price: 11.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 2 Dec 2013
Sturdy, well made. Stick it on the worktop, press the lever down so the suction caps adhere to the base and avoids slippage and you're good to go. I used Desiree potatoes (unpeeled). Make sure the potato fits in the space between the plunger and the blade without being too tall or some of the potato will get stuck at the top (cut the potato if necessary). Then slide the plunger forward. The bigger the potato the more effort you need. I work out and it needed some elbow grease for the biggest potatoes but that was me being too lazy to chop a big potato up into smaller chunks. If you don't want to fight the thing, use smaller potato pieces. Also stops the chips flying out the other end due to the momentum of the plunger. But chips are perfectly cut, uniform and I don't understand the other reviews complaining the potato gets stuck. It has only rarely happened to me and all you do is chip another potato and it forces the last remnants out. Easy to clean.

Duronic AF1 /B Healthy Oil Free Jet Fryer Multicooker - Air Circulating Technology - Black - free recipe book
Offered by DURONIC
Price: 219.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket, 30 Nov 2013
There are many air fryers on the market each claiming they are unique. And for that they charge a hefty premium. But an air fryer is simply a heating element and high velocity air circulation. That's it. Not that complex. So think carefully before shelling out hundreds for small extras like paddles which really don't make much of a difference. The Duronic is fairly priced and looks great. It does the job perfectly and has a timer which shuts off the fryer when the cycle completes (unlike apparently the much more expensive Tefal Actifry). It has a large basket, a heat mat (brilliant idea), easy to wash, does not smell or smoke while cooking and looks very nice and reasonably sturdy. What's not to like? At this price you'd be mad to buy more expensive models with useless bells and whistles. Chips were fantastic. Well cooked, nicely browned. Maybe a bit dry but with only half a tablespoon of oil what do you expect? If you like it a bit greasier or moist add more oil or don't dry off the potatoes before putting them in the air fryer. It really is a very useful appliance.

Update - having had this for a few weeks now, I note I am unable to get the chips very crispy even though I've cut batches quite thinly. It's not a big problem as I like thick, chunky chip shop style chips which tend to be soft anyway and they come out very well but I wondered how other reviewers managed. To the reviewer who said smoke comes out of the machine, I have never experienced this. The trouble shooting guide in the manual suggests this could happen but only if the fryer hasn't been cleaned properly and so is burning of residue.

Dr. Mercola, Pure Power Protein, Vanilla Flavour, 2 lbs (909 g)
Dr. Mercola, Pure Power Protein, Vanilla Flavour, 2 lbs (909 g)
Offered by detoxpeople
Price: 47.46

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but can cause bloating, 31 Aug 2013
Dr Mercola genuinely does use high quality whey protein. Whilst not made from raw, organic milk (go to Pink Sun's expensive whey for that) it nevertheless is not cheap industrial by product like most on the market.

However the downside is the addition of pre-biotics (this is what causes bloating in many users, not some imagined lactose intolerance which feeds the soy market and note I am talking about pre- not pro-biotics, they are different). Best to drink this on an empty stomach if you have bloating issues, to not add lots of liquid to dilute, to let it stand to allow gases to escape and to sip, not gulp hard! Trust me, this can solve a lot of problems. Alternatively choose Mercola's Miracle Whey. Tastes great nothing artificial.

Henley Men's Quartz Watch with Silver Dial Analogue Display and Black Lazer Crystal Silicone Strap H02041.2
Price: 12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice indeed, 25 Aug 2013
Very well made solid and heavyweight watch. The chronometer is purely decorative but that's fine by me. Nice presentation case. Is more chunky than appears in picture but I don't mind that. Appearance of a Tag type watch but at a fraction of the price. Very happy.

Unibond Sealant Finishing Tool UNI1582528
Unibond Sealant Finishing Tool UNI1582528
Offered by Diy & Homeware
Price: 2.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but handle with care, 27 Sep 2012
I agree with another reviewer that you need to be prepared for the quite chunky beads of silicone that this product will work with. The minimum profile is 10mm which means you will have to cut off quite a bit off the top of the silicone tube nozzle or else enough material won't come out for the tool to smooth properly (it will just miss it). That said, a thick silicone bead is no bad thing for applications such as baths or showers which are high wet areas and subject to movement and so need to a fair amount of silicone to provide proper protection and maintain adhesion on adjacent surfaces. For kitchen worktops however such a fat line of silicone will look odd if not clumsy so you will need to find a product with a smaller profile such as the Fugenboy.

That said, it produces a nice neat finish. Excess silicone will need to be wiped away. Apparently you can do this with the tool edge but I found silicone sticks too easily to it so I used the edge of a plastic mixing blade together with tissue (apparently baby wipes work as well). Instructions are practically non existent so you will have to find your feet yourself but it's a basic product so you can't get into too much trouble. Corners seemed problematic but maybe I need more experience. One good thing about this product is that because the profiles are so big, the silicone beads that are produced do not sink into vertical grout lines.

I'd say give this a go but beware it does need some practice and clearing away excess is still a little fiddly until you appreciate that it's better to use less silicone in the first place.

Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg
Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg
Price: 17.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy!, 14 July 2012
Hard to criticise. Organic, raw (ie unpasteurised which makes sure nutrients aren't killed off) almonds from Spain. Not sure why another reviewer thought they were bitter. They are sweet and wholesome - all you need to do is soak almonds overnight in water with a pinch of rock salt to improve flavour and digestibility. No complaints at all.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2014 5:27 PM GMT

TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
Offered by E W Link Co Ltd.
Price: 21.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but doesn't work across RCDs, 11 Mar 2012
It works but only across the same circuits. If you have RCDs protecting your fusebox then it the adapters can only work across one circuit which means you can only use these for half the house. Emailed their technical support who agreed this was a limitation - astonishing this is not made clear in the sales literature. Other manufacturers (more expensive) like devolo don't have this limitation.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2014 1:25 PM GMT

iBoutique IB64GUSB2 USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Elite Flash Drive (64GB, Emerald Green)
iBoutique IB64GUSB2 USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Elite Flash Drive (64GB, Emerald Green)
Offered by SechsiTech
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing WORKS, 15 Feb 2012
The memory stick really does store 64GB and that's all you need to know. It comes formatted as exFAT so it's up to you to format it to your requirements - this is not the seller's responsibility. Users should know what format they need according to the use they put the drive to. So don't blame the drive or the seller (as some have done below) if you can't work that out. It does its job well when it's used in the correct way. And it's quite fast.

Page: 1 | 2