Profile for James Searle > Reviews

Content by James Searle

James Searle (Los Angeles)

Inspiration Works Bob the Builder Yes We Can Phone
Inspiration Works Bob the Builder Yes We Can Phone
Price: 19.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't let it into your home!, 7 May 2013
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
At first I was attracted by its bright colours and cute British accents, it seemed to offer some useful educational purpose so we welcomed it into our family. It responded by repeating stuff over and over again, very loud, even minutes after it had been abandoned by my disinterested children. After a complaint or two from my wife I realized Bob seemed to be shouting as loud as he could to be noticed and he could not be silenced (there's no volume or off switches.) He was also displaying a cunning knack for nocturnal activities... I'm not sure if this thing is supposed to have a motion detector, but it springs to life even when buttons have not been pushed, normally at night. I mean the US geological survey could use them to detect tiny nuances in seismic activity. Suspecting this "toy" could be the result of a brief foray into toy design by Josef Stalin and Adolf Hitler I decided to shut it down. Imagine my surprise when I unscrewed the battery cover and there was no battery! I have since encased it concrete and thrown it in the river only to return home and find it sat on my sofa. Seriously, DON'T LET THIS INTO YOUR HOME!

In Our Heads
In Our Heads
Price: 10.93

5.0 out of 5 stars They made me do it!, 14 July 2012
This review is from: In Our Heads (Audio CD)
It's been years since I've felt motivated to review an album, but this is simply so good I feel obliged to put finger to keyboard. I have all hot chips albums but, despite this, wouldn't describe myself as devoted fan. This is simply because with their previous albums there has always been too much average surrounding a handful of standout tracks. In our heads is the album I did not think Hot Chip were capable of making, Consistently stunning. My favourites are Flutes; Ends Of The Earth; Motion Sickness; These Chains; Let Me Be Him... I could keep going.

Don't Hesitate.