Profile for Gareth McColgan > Reviews

Content by Gareth McColgan

Gareth McColgan "Garf" (Donegal, Ireland)

V For Vendetta [HD DVD]
V For Vendetta [HD DVD]
Dvd ~ Natalie Portman

5.0 out of 5 stars V for Victorious..., 26 Jan. 2007
This review is from: V For Vendetta [HD DVD] (HD DVD)
This was the first HD-DVD I purchased to add to my collection of 1 HD-DVDs, This and King-Kong. Now, I put it on, watched the 'FBI-Warning' and then it got straight into the film... I'm using the HD-DVD drive for the 360 so, I don't know how you'd do it on a normal HD-DVD Player but I assume it'd be the same... when you press 'up' on the remote, a tiny menu slides up at the bottom of the screen giving options for "Pause", "Settings", "Special Features" and "Scene seletion". The features are amazing and from the advertisement at the beginning of the DVD, I see that they're generally keeping the same format for all HD-DVD's.

This was also my first time watching the film and I was impressed at how good it was, HD-DVD quality is amazing, the action scenes in it look great, along with everything else.

Pleased and buying more,

Gareth

Gears of War (Xbox 360)
Gears of War (Xbox 360)
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars THE game of 2006..., 28 Dec. 2006
... and easily one of the best games ever released. A Co-op campaign in games is something which is always requested, and rarely is it pulled off as well as Gears of War does. Halo 2's co-op campaign is the only thing which comes close to it, and even then, I feel that as the game is 3rd person, it just feels more Co-Oppy.

Not only is the Co-op amazing, the Xbox Live Co-Op is out of this world... no lag, and everything streams together nicely bringing a nice feel to playing with a friend. You both see the cut-scenes at the same time and the only bug I found was the occasional texture not loading for the first 5seconds of a chapter. Apart from that, chainsaw killing glory.

If you have a 360, you /need/ this game, if you don't have a 360, you need to buy one :)