Profile for JML > Reviews

Content by JML

JML "JML" (london)

InterDesign Forma Kitchen Over the Cabinet 14-Inch Dish Towel Bar, Brushed Stainless Steel

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE this item is NOT BRANDED BlissHome Interdesign, Forma, 9 Nov. 2012
I just received this item in the post and is not at all as advertised. They clearly state in the item description this product is branded 'blisshome interdesign forma' and an image of the item packaged in the plastic blister with the 'forma' branding is on show.

The item shipped is instead made by premier (premierhousewares.co.uk). It looks like a cheaper alternative, the packaging looks flimsy and nondescript, they came packaged up in the worst way I've ever seen, in a black bin bag wrapped up in packing tape with a white piece of paper with my name and a tiny piece of paper with the return address only, no name of the seller and no invoice. Appalling.

I bought the item safe in the knowledge it'd be a 'forma' branded item which is a quality product and will match other items I've got which are part of the same line. The seller 'Home Range Online' (the seller I thought I was buying from) but a.k.a. 'Prime Homewares Ltd' (also advertising this item as sold by Prime Homeware Ltd. (they signed off their email communication as such) is falsely advertising a product and shipping a totally different one. I am not happy at all. I wish they hadn't wasted my time. I now need to return the item and wait to get my money back before ordering the product from elsewhere.

Upon sending en email to the seller explaining the issue, thinking it could have been an honest mistake, they only replied:
"If you are not happy with the item then please send it back to the address provided below in its original condition and you will be refunded for the item. Many Thanks"
No apology, no reference to the fact they are falsely advertising an item and shipping a different one.

BEWARE OF THIS SELLER!! THEY ARE NOT HONEST.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2016 5:21 PM GMT

Maxim 5-Way T Socket Mains Switch Plug Adapter Extension Surge Protection 10511
Maxim 5-Way T Socket Mains Switch Plug Adapter Extension Surge Protection 10511
Offered by Bargains 4 Ever

5.0 out of 5 stars really sturdy and useful, 9 Nov. 2012
I was impressed with this product fitted flush against my kitchen wall. As the extra plugs are above the existing wall sockets you haven't got the problem of having the cable of the plug connected to the other wall socket in the way, as it happens with the equivalent product which extension sockets sit below the existing wall sockets. This other product seemed initially more appealing to me so I ordered both to try but when I tested it my oven cable got in the way rendering one of the 2 wall sockets impossible to use (unless you are plugging a plug with a skinny and super bendy cable you can feed around this adaptor gang, i.e. Iphone charger type of cable.)
The individual switches are ideal as you can leave things tidily plugged in and which the corresponding socket on only when needed. This is very useful for our expresso machine, for instance.
The individual switches have a light so you clearly know which are the ones on/off.

All in all a very good product. I recommend it.

If you found this review belpful please click on the relevant button besides this post. Thanks

Lotta Labels & Stickers (Stationery)
Lotta Labels & Stickers (Stationery)
by Lotta Jansdotter
Edition: Accessory

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely stickers, 8 Nov. 2012
Lovely stickers by Lotta with her distictive patterns and designs. Loads of different colour ways so easy to match to whatever wrapping paper you're using to wrap your gifts.
Loads of different sizes, some pre filled with to and from and 'it's a gift', or 'for you', some others too small to write on them but lovely to complement a bigger label and create a lovely label layout.

I usually create labels myself but having some nicely designed labels by Lotta is an easy fallback for when I have got no time or the inclination to prepare something myself.

If you love Lotta's designs and use of colour, you'll definitely love these.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for left-handers + water gauge not accurate, 7 Jun. 2011
The kettle is very nice (I bought the orange one) and it boils fast but to me it's got a key design fault: I am not able to see the gauge when holding it under the tap with my left hand (my partner and I are both left-handers) as it's got only one gauge on the opposite side. Also, the 'cup' indicator is not really accurate. I usually boil enough water for only 2 cups and when filling it up to the 2-cup level it felt too light so I checked and there was only water for 1 mug of tea! So I am not sure what kind of cups these are but to get 2 mugs worth of water you need to fill it up to the 3-cup mark. All in all, pretty-looking kettle but I will decide tonight once I get home if these design faults are going to be bearable or if they'll get on my nerves every time I want to make a cup of tea.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2012 11:55 AM GMT

Pineapple Women's Jazz Lace-Up
Pineapple Women's Jazz Lace-Up

4.0 out of 5 stars great shinny shoes, 5 Mar. 2011
pros:
Leather is lovely and soft. Colour has right amount of shine not to make the shoes look tacky. The laces are made of satin ribbon which gives them a nice delicate feminine touch. I wore mine to death, getting compliments all the time from various people. They are thin and breathable enough to wear with bare feet in spring/summer without getting the feet too hot and in autumn/winter with socks.

cons:
They are very comfy, but I agree with the previous reviewer that the sole could be a bit thicker, my heels got a bit tired after a whole day walking in these. The heels of mine wore out in the end which make them look a bit tatty.

My mum loved them when she saw mine that's why I bought the same pair for her in silver and gold. All in all, good value for money and I'd buy again if they were available.

Philips Imageo Rechargeable LED Candle Lights - White, Set of 3
Philips Imageo Rechargeable LED Candle Lights - White, Set of 3
Offered by Ashendentree

5.0 out of 5 stars Candles without the worries, 19 Dec. 2010
These candles are really good. I can put them on my bedside table before going to bed without the worry of falling asleep and burning down the house. The flicker is quite sweet too. Great buy.

Brabantia Pedal Bin, 30 L and 3 L Set - Brilliant Steel
Brabantia Pedal Bin, 30 L and 3 L Set - Brilliant Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent bin, excellent size(s), 6 July 2009
Totally satisfied with the product. The 30-litre bin just the right size, is sturdy and looks good. The smaller bin is the perfect size for the bathroom.