Profile for Dr. MJ Tedbury > Reviews

Content by Dr. MJ Tedbury

Dr. MJ Tedbury (Lincolnshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Malta & Gozo
DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Malta & Gozo

2.0 out of 5 stars But not very good in ebook version, 20 Jun. 2015
It's ok. But not very good in ebook version. Pictures and maps too small and information about the top 10 places too limited. No information about where to park for sights. In fact I might be being generous with 2 stars. There must be better guides available. I don't know what they are called though.

Hi-Tec Britton Hill, Men's Hiking Boots
Hi-Tec Britton Hill, Men's Hiking Boots
Price: £19.86 - £60.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than expected, 24 Sept. 2014
You can't tell size from a picture, can you? These are much bigger and seem much sturdier than my previous "Penrith" 50 Peaks walking shoes. They are the correct size and they fit well - I seem to suit H-Tec idea of "fit". The soles are quite thick but will take a little time to flex to my foot I think. If you want instant soft fit slipper like comfort go for Penrith. These seem to be thicker soled and a bit heavier. Time will tell how long they last. I'm hopeful.

4 x 5 Litres - Simply Spray & Walk Away Concentrate Patio - Fencing - Decking - Mould Algae & Moss Remover
Offered by Sales Direct Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stuff. Works quickly and seems much better than ..., 31 Aug. 2014
Excellent stuff. Works quickly and seems much better than "patio magic" One star retained - it says will last for "up to 6 months". Only time will tell. If Amazon were REALY clever they'd ask me in 6 months.

Samsung Galaxy S4 mini i9195 Sim Free Smartphone - White
Samsung Galaxy S4 mini i9195 Sim Free Smartphone - White
Offered by Executivez

4.0 out of 5 stars Shiny little phone, 11 Aug. 2014
This is a nifty not so little phone that does all I wan and probably more . Samsung say it has jelly bean. It doesn't . And it won't upgrade yet . Samsung kies no longer works but I suppose that with everything now floating in a Google cloud that doesn't matter. Screen good . Speed good. Camera a bit slow but adequate.
looks better than an iPhone

ASD Coach Lantern PIR Polycarbonate 100W BC Black PIR
ASD Coach Lantern PIR Polycarbonate 100W BC Black PIR
Offered by MCD Electrical - Established 1993

4.0 out of 5 stars Shiney shiney light, 6 Jun. 2013
It is very black quite shiney and seems to work well. It does take energy saving bulbs, is easy to connect up and install and does what is says it will do. Grand!

TP-LINK TL-WA830RE 300Mbps Wireless N Range Extender
TP-LINK TL-WA830RE 300Mbps Wireless N Range Extender
Offered by e-Avantage_1

5.0 out of 5 stars Push button simplicity, 17 April 2012
I have now installed two of these. It is very easy. Once I used it to extend the range of a Linksys modem routerLinksys by Cisco WAG320N Wireless N Gigabit Dual Band Modem Router (for ADSL / telephone line connections i.e BT Broadband) - press button on router - press button on range extender - wait - wait - wait - there it is, range extended as promised. And this was a secured network. The instructions I thought were simple and it works well. And keeps working well. I ordered from Amazon and got a UK plug. On the second occasion I extended the range of a new Belkin modem router (N300 modem router - someone else bought it on the suggestion of a BT person. BT persons are not to be trusted!). The push button method did not work but the set up utility with the little CD did and was very easy. I don't like Belkin so much. Linksys seem to be good but my new favourites are TP. Cheap too.

Sony KDL32CX523BU 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 50Hz LCD Internet TV with Freeview HD

4.0 out of 5 stars Telly, 3 Mar. 2012
Good picture, good sound, easy to set up though I have not tried the internet connection thingy, wireless or otherwise. That's for another day. Better than a recently purchased 32" Toshiba. Quite quick to turn on.

Toshiba Satellite R830-182 13.3inch Laptop (Intel Core i5-2435M 2.4GHz, RAM 6GB, HDD 640GB, Bluetooth, Windows 7 Home Premium)

4.0 out of 5 stars Little Laptop, 3 Mar. 2012
It's little and light. It has all the right connections, and, like all modern computers is loaded with unwanted software. Why? The only trouble is the software is there - if I delete it will I regret it? Well MacAfee has gone, the rest can wait. The screen is matt and sufficient rather than brilliant. The sound from the speakers is pathetic (via headphones is fine). It boots up in 2.5mins and I rather like it. The battery seems long lasting as advertised and setting it up was easy. I don't play games - I suspect it would not be good at this. I like the keyboard. Why is Microsoft Office so expensive? And shouldn't someone other than the EU do something about user licences and agreements - we all tick the box, move on, and use the product. But if none of us have EVER read the agreement, surely it's meaningless. Isn't there a lawyer out who can do something useful for all us normal people that are not a corporation?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2012 10:56 AM BST

Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 16GB USB Flash Drive - Black
Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 16GB USB Flash Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and effective, 3 Mar. 2012
What would you rather have for your bootable back up medium? A billion dvds or this little thing? Correct - this wins. Obviously you could also store lots of music or pictures on it. Which would also be good. I can't think of anything bad to say. Of course if my computer crashes and this won't restart it , I'll let you know.......

Linksys AE1000 Wireless N Dual Band USB Network Adapter
Linksys AE1000 Wireless N Dual Band USB Network Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Network Adapter, 3 Mar. 2012
Easy to set up and works as advertised. So far after 3 days along with a WAG 320N modem router all is working well and without interuption.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3