Profile for Sassy French > Reviews

Content by Sassy French

Sassy French

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
I'm Still Standing: What Would You Do If Your World Fell Apart - Not Just Once But Many Times Over?
by Mel Carnegie
Price: 8.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Standing Proud, 10 Jun 2014
An emotive and harrowing read, all the moreso as this is a true story, the life story, in fact, of my good friend Mel.

Mel tells her story with aplomb and a somewhat gay abandon, which can only be used by those who have come through from the darker side into the light. It's a tale which frequently shocks and, in my case, reduces the reader to tears.

I'm so incredibly proud of Mel, all that she's overcome and the positivity that she's drawn from such a catalogue of loss, hardship and abuse, but perhaps more importantly, for the core of steely determination that seems to run through her like Brighton rock.

Those who find themselves in a similar situation, or who have befallen similar sufferings, can draw strength and learn from Mel's experiences. Perhaps they too can set their sights on a heady place on the other side.

Darling Mel, not only are you 'Still Standing' but the sun is well and truly shining on you.

Love, Nina: Despatches from Family Life
Love, Nina: Despatches from Family Life
by Nina Stibbe
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic, Fun and Flippant in a Funny Way…, 18 April 2014
I was pleasantly surprised by this book and enjoyed it all the more the more I read. I loved the honest, open and 'off the cuff' style and it was very warm and funny. It was easy to read in bits because of the letter lay-out (which was a boon as I was trying to read it during the kids Easter hols).

I'd recommend it, as a lovely light and humorous read ... with a lot of acknowledging grins/nods along the way!

Saplings Desk and Chair (Natural)
Saplings Desk and Chair (Natural)
Offered by Big Red Warehouse
Price: 75.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little combo for the price!, 10 Nov 2013
It arrived on time - but was quite badly packaged .... and it took my husband an hour or two to assemble (and he had to use his own bonding agent - as the glue included was next to useless.

However my daughter ABSOLUTELY LOVES IT ... she uses it daily and is so pleased with it. It's perfect for her size (she's 5) and I think she'll have years of use out of it.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars OFF THE MARK, 6 Oct 2013
To be honest the product didn't arrive and I had to chase/cancel. Despite me having missed the function I needed them for a replacement was sent instead of a refund as requested!

The product didn't really work for me ... maybe my 40yr old boobs were past help? There were no instructions in the pack - so I had to faff about on YouTube. I guess they were reasonable easy to apply - but symmetry is essential. Also I wasted a couple as they peeled and folded in on themselves - rendering them useless.

They were reasonably comfortable, but lost their adhesion over the evening.

They were removed with ease and no pain/problems as mentioned by previous purchasers.

100 Flying Saucers
100 Flying Saucers
Offered by Chocolate Buttons
Price: 4.58

5.0 out of 5 stars SWEET!, 31 Aug 2013
This review is from: 100 Flying Saucers (Misc.)
Arrived in a timely fashion and did exactly what it said. We've not opened them yet, or counted them - but I'm thinking they'll be just fine!

RAVEL WOMEN'S WHITE ROUND DIAL WATCH WITH SILVER EXPANDABLE BRACLET WATCH R0304.02.2
Offered by QBD Watches
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A TIMELY SUBSTITUTE, 30 Aug 2013
To say I bought this watch out of desperation after my expensive watch broke beyond repair - because it could be delivered quickly, was cheap and fit the bill style wise.

I couldn't be more pleasantly surprised.... It looks fab (very retro), the battery works and it keeps time, it's comfy on the wrist and it arrived when it said it would. I really couldn't be more pleased ..... I hope it lasts a while :)

VTech Little Singing Alfie
VTech Little Singing Alfie
Price: 6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars REPEAT BUY, 10 Aug 2013
This is just a fabulous toy. I think we've had 3 of these now for my son who has profound special needs. He's tough and abusive to his toys (think small child who doesn't understand the art of looking after something). BUT they've each lasted a considerable length of time considering what they've gone through.

This small toy, which is reasonably priced, has given hours and hours of great joy. I wouldn't hesitate in buying this same toy or something similar in the future.

The Fantastic Star Night Light Projector - Cast a Cosmic Projection & Coloured Light Sequences around your room
Offered by TOPCITY
Price: 2.56

1.0 out of 5 stars TAT, 10 Aug 2013
Sadly I bought this well in advance of my son's birthday (he has special needs so we buy things that are sensory as/when we see them and keep them for special occasions). When we opened it and set it up - it doesn't work.

My husband said that it's really shonky and poor quality.

I'm gutted because if it worked this would give my son so much joy ... instead he's just lost out which is super sad.

VERY DISAPPOINTING and sadly too late to return for refund!

Smiffys 75ml Hair and Body Spray Gold Glitter Can
Smiffys 75ml Hair and Body Spray Gold Glitter Can
Offered by Party Party
Price: 2.72

4.0 out of 5 stars SPARKLY, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Smiffys UV Hair & Body Spray (Toy)
The first consignment never made it - but they did send it again!

It's great - although so far we've only used it on my daughter's hair and not on the body.

Super shiny and sparkly and seemed good quality and gave good coverage.

Easy to apply and equally easy to remove in the bath.

Smiffy's Fever Catsuit/ Zip Up (Medium, Gold)
Smiffy's Fever Catsuit/ Zip Up (Medium, Gold)
Price: 26.92

2.0 out of 5 stars WIND SOCK, 10 Aug 2013
When I put this on I felt like a wind sock. The material was cheap and non-stretchy ... although I didn't need it to stretch as the sizing was terrible - it was VERY big on me.

It seemed out of proportion and was really ill-fiting.

Gutted because it looks so good on the model ... and tbh I'm a pretty normal shapely 12/14 ... but it made me look like Blofeld rather than a Bond girl!!?* :/

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4