Profile for jaxbee > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Shock of the Fall
The Shock of the Fall

5.0 out of 5 stars A cast of lovely people who all need a hug., 29 Jun 2014
An upbeat book about schizophrenia - impossible? Try it! A story of real and warm characters trying to come to terms with a horrendous situation and doing it with dignity and heart. Fabulous ending, although it made me cry - a lot. So often I'm disappointed by endings; this one I had to read again. Thoroughly recommended.

The Boy Who Could See Demons
The Boy Who Could See Demons

5.0 out of 5 stars compulsive reading, 8 Feb 2014
A fast-paced psychological drama which had me constantly thinking, unable to decide if we really were looking at supernatural forces or simple the mind of an appealing but deeply troubled child. Fantastically diverse, well-drawn characters had me yearning for a better life for all.

Play-Doh Diggin Rigs Power Crane
Play-Doh Diggin Rigs Power Crane
Offered by Global-Incense

5.0 out of 5 stars Was very impressed with this, 19 Nov 2013
I bought this for my four year old nephew and was concerned it wouldn't live up to the on-line photo and description but it does. Everything on the truck works smoothly and my my nephew loves his building with it - so do I!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The whole family fell in love with these, 19 Nov 2013
Bought as a present for a friend but my 13 year old daughter struggled to give them away! They're so cute! And unlike a lot of novelty slippers, the base is quite thick so you don't get cold feet from underneath.

Elemis S.O.S. Emergency Cream Skin Solution 50ml / 1.7 fl.oz.
Elemis S.O.S. Emergency Cream Skin Solution 50ml / 1.7 fl.oz.
Offered by SHAINDY'S BEAUTY

5.0 out of 5 stars For breakout spots, there is nothing better, 19 Nov 2013
This is the one thing I religiously buy for my skin. My teenager daughters now use it, too. It's brilliant for stopping a spot (yes, it truly stops it going any further) as soon as it starts to rear its ugly head and one bottle lasts three of us a year!

She Is Not Invisible
She Is Not Invisible
by Marcus Sedgwick

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely premise, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: She Is Not Invisible (Hardcover)
I've bought this for my 15 year old daughter for Christmas (sssh!) but couldn't help having a glance at the first page when it arrived. Two chapters in, I had to put it away but I shall definitely ask to read it after her. It's a wholesome, meaty story from what I can gather so far, well-written and a gritty alternative to the vampire genre if you've had enough of that as my children have.

Kindheit ist (k)ein Kinderspiel
Kindheit ist (k)ein Kinderspiel
by Leser, Blogger, Grafiker, FB Gruppe Portal für Autoren

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful mix of stories, 16 May 2013
I bought this book primarily for the cause (all proceeds go to children living with cancer) and thus wouldn't really mind if I never read it but I have dipped in and the stories I've read are varied and evocative. Not for the faint hearted.

HITO™ 4" Silent Quartz Analog Twin Bell Alarm Clock with Nightlight and Loud Alarm
Offered by cerl-tech

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 16 May 2013
Well, I was searching for a replacement alarm clock - nothing fancy. I just wanted something that would wake me up and therefore be very loud (on account of poor hearing and deep sleepitus) but I also didn't want one with a bright neon screen as I like darkness. This ticks all those boxes. The only trouble is that the alarm is sooo loud that it wakes the whole house and probably next door, too! As I get up before everyone else, this won't do. I've given it to my daughter who says she has to stay in bed another twenty minutes to get over the shock of the brutal awakening. Seriously, it's billed as loud so no complaints but I would only buy this if you absolutely need something with the force of a house alarm and are you're sure you won't get linched by your partner when it goes off.

Fly London Women's Yori Wedge Sandal Black P500031042 4 UK
Fly London Women's Yori Wedge Sandal Black P500031042 4 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these shoes!, 28 Mar 2013
I have troublesome feet! Big bunions but small ankles means I have to wear a size 5 for width when really I'm a 4 These are the first pair of shoes I've had for years which are a perfect fit - and size 4 so they don't look too long for my height! They are massively sumptuous being a very soft leather and with the wedge heal are comfy without being a style compromise. Definitely recommended.

A Squash and A Squeeze
A Squash and A Squeeze
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost a fable tied up in rhyme, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: A Squash and A Squeeze (Paperback)
This was my youngest daughter's favourite book for months, perhaps years, many moons ago and I still remember it now. In fact, I often quote it when I have a Squash and a Squeeze moment - ie something happens to make a previous gripe not seem half so bad! It was the sing-song repetition which my daughter loved, as well as the wonderful illustration, and I never tired of it either. You have to feel for the old woman, however, when the vicar is instructing her to fill her poky house with one farm animal after another. The vicar knows best though, once those animals are removed, the woman's house feels palatial - clever!

Page: 1 | 2