Profile for lightdove > Reviews

Content by lightdove

lightdove (West Wales, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Sassoon Tangle Free Hot Air Styler - Black
Sassoon Tangle Free Hot Air Styler - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken, 12 May 2016
Hopeless. Kept cutting out after only 30 seconds, & this was even on low temperature! Now I have to go to the bother & expense of returning it - which is difficult for me as I have no transport & don't live near a post office. Very disappointed. I think they should give me another one free. Well, I can dream...

Purple Loose Fit Crochet panel Long crinkle Tunic Top Blouse Shirt Plus Size 14 to 26 (22)
Offered by Fin Fashion Plus

4.0 out of 5 stars Too big because I was sent the wrong size, 27 Mar. 2016
This is a nice top but I ordered an 18, as I like my clothes loose, but what I've got is a size 22 which is like a tent on me...! (Makes a change :) ) However, as they appear to have no more 18's I shall just have to keep the top & take the sleeves out to alter it. I seem to have to do this a lot with the clothes that I buy, I practically have to remake them. Just as well I am quite nifty with a needle. Of all the things I learned in school, needlework has to have been the most useful. I was taught how to use a pattern to cut my own clothes out & I now can't imagine not having a sewing machine as I use it so much & for just about everything. Very useful & very satisfying. Pity I still can't cook. We had a nasty old bat for cookery, she was tiny in stature but really mean & despite my best mark of 92 in Domestic Science I now hate cooking & am rubbish at it. Just thought I'd share that with my other reviewers :D

Shot--In 2mm Solid Sterling 925 Silver Jewerly Women Long Chain Necklace (18 IN)
Offered by shot--in

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sterling silver at all, but silver plate :(, 27 Mar. 2016
I like this chain & bought it in good faith as sterling silver. Now I have a nasty rash around my neck which proves to me that it is not sterling silver at all but silver plate. Because after a while the silver plate wears off & you are left with nickel which is basically just a piece of junk, which I am allergic to. Maybe the seller's trader is at fault, I don't know, but I am asking for & expecting a refund as I can no longer wear it. Very disappointing.

Solid Silver Plated Double Heart Chain Bracelet
Solid Silver Plated Double Heart Chain Bracelet
Offered by BESTIM INCUK store

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading description, 12 Mar. 2016
I was thinking of buying this & then looked more carefully before committing myself to buying it. What is solid silver plated? It's either solid as in Sterling Silver or it's NOT solid & is silver plate: it can't be both...! People are often fooled by this kind of misleading wording. Anyone buying this will be disappointed in a month or two when the silver plate wears off & they are left with a piece of junk that looks nothing remotely like silver at all. It really annoys me & these sellers should not be allowed to get away with it :(

The Remaining [DVD] [2014]
The Remaining [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Casey La Scala
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars Different, 1 Mar. 2016
This review is from: The Remaining [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
I really enjoyed this film as it is a bit different. Depends on what you're after & what you expect but I enjoyed it...

Reversible 100% Cotton Flannelette Pink & White Love Hearts King Size Duvet Cover Set
Offered by Kids Shopping

4.0 out of 5 stars Cosy, 1 Mar. 2016
I love this as it's nice & cosy & a pretty pink. My only gripe is that even after only a few days on the bed, the pillow slips look a bit grubby. Why this should be I don't know, although I do have 5 cats who love to sleep on my bed so maybe I should be blaming them...

Homescapes Handgewobene Bedspread Nirvana with Knot Look 150 x 200 CM Plaid made from 100% pure cotton Bed Throw with Fringes, pink
Offered by HOMESCAPES

2.0 out of 5 stars Too loose a weave..., 1 Mar. 2016
I was disappointed in this item & had to return it. It looks nice in the image but in reality it has such a loose weave (& I mean loose!) that it wouldn't last very long & especially if you have pets. I have 5 cats who like to 'knead' with their claws & I could just see it in a few months time with holes in it & pulled threads everywhere. If you are thinking of buying this for the family sofa & you have cats &/or dogs I would save your money & go for something far more durable.

Poppies Red & Black Piped Faux Silk 18" Cushion Cover
Poppies Red & Black Piped Faux Silk 18" Cushion Cover
Offered by Maple Textiles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sumptuous, 1 Mar. 2016
These are absolutely beautiful... they look pretty good in the photograph but they are even more beautiful in reality. They look sumptuous & expensive, whereas they are actually quite cheap to purchase. Money well spent, very happy :)

Monument Valley
Monument Valley

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful & Absorbing, 28 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Monument Valley (Kindle Edition)
I've been playing this on my new Kindle Fire (whoo whoo... lol Had wait a long time to be able to afford it, so I'm allowed a whoo whoo :) ) This is a brilliant game & right up my street as i am really into whimsy & this game is whimsical. The graphics are beautiful & the puzzles on each level really makes you stretch your brain because you have to think laterally rather than logically. They're very much along the lines of Escher's artwork where the perspective is constantly changing which can make your brain hurt at times; not in the form of a headache, but in making sense of the games perspective which shifts many times throughout every level. I think it's ingenious & must have taken some working out on the part of the game master. It also reminds me of the games made by Amanita Design (Machinarium & Botanicula) & is of a similar style. So if you're into action & fast paced games then forget this one, as the pace is quite leisurely. I absolutely loved it & I hope to find more from the same game makers as they could be tailor made for me. My only negative is that I wish it was longer because I was enjoying myself so much I didn't want it to end.

Innocent Traitor
Innocent Traitor
by Alison Weir

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Read, 26 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Innocent Traitor (Paperback)
I've only just finished this book. I got about a third of the way through it & then started reading it again this morning while lying on the bed... & that's where I stayed for the entire day as I couldn't put it down! I haven't even washed up today & my sole effort went into feeding my cats...! (I get my priorities right ,,,=^-.-^=,,, :) ) The earlier part of the book took a bit of getting into but it picked up a lot after this & I was pretty much rivetted by it. Prior to reading this I had watched the film LadyJane & I felt I wanted to know the story in more detail. The first part of the film was fine & quite entertaining as it focused mainly on Jane's relationship & marriage to Guildford Dudley, played by Helena Bonham Carter & Carey Elwes & they seemed to be having a lot fun in their marriage. He, in particular, was hilarious at one point in the film, (never mind his stunning good looks) but having read the book their relationship on flim bears no resemblance to what it was like in reality as they pretty much hated each other on sight. But it's a very sad story for both of them, because they were victims of political, family machinations, all pretty much self serving which resulted in disaster for them. They were only 16 years old, just kids really & they should never have been forced into such an alliance which was something neither of them really wanted & which they tried very hard to resist. But they were both pretty unlucky with their parents who cared nothing for their happiness & wellbeing & only wanted the power it would bring them. I found the last few pages really heartbreaking & I confess it reduced me to tears. Because, although it read like a really good novel, it was always painfully obvious that this was a life & death situation & something that really happened & it just beggars belief that people can be so selfish & self serving that they were willing to put their own children's life so much at risk that it could result in sending them to the block! What kind of parent does this to their own children. Oh, I forget, places like Iraq & Afghanistan as they are pretty much just as bad & not so very long ago a father helped other people stone his own daughter to death for the crime of wanting to be with the man she loved & wanted to marry. She was only 19 & that upset me a lot. Thank God we have moved on somewhat in the UK & I thank God pretty often really that I had the good fortune to be born in Wales, the Land of Song. The worse we do to our kids here is to cajole them into them into a singalong now & again...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7