Profile for Roseday > Reviews

The Blood of Lambs: A Former Terrorist's Memoir of Death and Redemption
by Kamal Saleem
Price: 14.58

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Moving Account, 11 Feb 2014
This book is impressive as it is an authentic account from someone who has changed sides. I would recommend it to all who are concerned about terrorism and wonder what Islam's agenda is.

READERS HEBREW BIBLE
READERS HEBREW BIBLE
by BROWN & SMITH
Price: 31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: READERS HEBREW BIBLE (Paperback)
Readers Hebrew Bible is all I hoped for. It is clear and readable - even for a beginner in Hebrew.

It arrived in very good condition and I did not have to wait too long.

Steampunk Apothecary
Steampunk Apothecary
by Jema 'Emilly Ladybird' Hewitt
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars More Adventures of Emilly Ladybird, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Steampunk Apothecary (Paperback)
Like its forerunner "Steampunk Emporium", "Steampunk Apothecary" is beautifully photographed and presented and makes a great coffee table book. I enjoy Miss Ladybird's adventures and the pictures of her trophies, even if I never manage to make them - (and these do require some equipment non-pros don't usually have).
There are a great variety of projects to choose from. Among my favourites were the lollipop cravat pins, the porthole bracelet and the cravat - (lucky man who gets this!) But everything can be adapted or varied to produce something unique.
The instructions are good and clear, well set out, with helpful "extras", e.g. "Pages from the notebook" and "Mr Dickens advises" and also a glossary, resources list and notes on basic techniques.
Well done, Jema!

The Wide, Wide World
The Wide, Wide World
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Mid-19th Century Life in America, 20 Jan 2014
I read this book when I was a child - (it was my mother's Sunday School prize) and I have remembered scenes from it ever since. On re reading it I found myself sympathising strongly with little Ellen Montgomery as she is made to leave her dying mother and travel a long way into a farming community to live with an aunt she doesn't know. The first part of the story is very interesting but as it proceeds and Ellen becomes ever more saintly I didn't think it was so good. Perhaps it goes on too long and the part about her visit to Scotland and the quite abrupt ending could have been cut out altogether.

Four Blood Moons: Something Is About to Change
Four Blood Moons: Something Is About to Change
Price: 5.56

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting hypothesis, 12 Jan 2014
I found it a bit slow-going because it is very repetitive. John Hagee hammers his points home as if he were preaching. (In a written work you don't need to do that). I kept waiting to get to the point.
The ideas are interesting and I will await the events.
Anyone interested in Israel and the future should read this.

The Homosexual Agenda: Exposing the Principal Threat to Religious Freedom Today
The Homosexual Agenda: Exposing the Principal Threat to Religious Freedom Today
by Sears Alan
Price: 8.77

5.0 out of 5 stars A sensible and balanced contribution, 10 Aug 2013
A book for serious readers. Takes concentration as there is a lot of detail and case histories. It is a chilling account. Everyone who is unbiased should make the effort to read it, but particularly Christians.

It can be used as a reference book, but bear in mind that it was published in 2003, so could do with an update.

Steampunk Emporium: Creating Fantastical Jewelry, Devices and Oddments from Assorted Cogs, Gears and Curios
by Jema Hewitt
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely present, 7 Nov 2011
Jema Hewitt's whimsically humorous style is always a joy to read, even if you can't make jewellery.
At first sight I thought the things were going to be right out of my class, but I still loved the stories and pictures in this beautifully designed and presented book. On looking more carefully I saw that there was a range of items illustrated and described and that some were easy enough for me to get started on.
The photographs are good, the instructions clear.
This would make a great gift for an artistic friend. Although described as "paperback" it is sturdy and handles easily.
Imaginative, fun - and a good price.