Profile for jan > Reviews

jan

Fit Over-Glasses Medio Polarised Sunglasses Black/Smoke Medium
Fit Over-Glasses Medio Polarised Sunglasses Black/Smoke Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, my glare problem is relieved., 20 Mar. 2014
I just bought these and wore them for the first time yesterday while out driving. My biggest problem is glare coming through my driver's side window, I find it completely blinding and have hunted far and wide for some kind of visor that I can quickly lower to cut out the sun. I know that most cars have visors that swing to the side but it's too distracting and a hand off the wheel so unless they're doubled where one stays in front and the other can swing to the side, it's no good. There's nothing out there that I could find (good idea for some inventor) and decided to buy these as they are polarised and wrap around. They fit snugly over my glasses and were comfortable. They really helped enormously and I would recommend them but light sensitivity combined with low winter sun and height of 5ft nothing - well, it's a problem.

Moone Boy [DVD]
Moone Boy [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris O'Dowd

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply wonderful series!, 20 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Moone Boy [DVD] (DVD)
I'm a big fan of Chris O'Dowd and absolutely love this series. I've bought it three times now because I keep on sharing it with people who haven't yet discovered him and I'm waiting for the release of my order for Series 2 which should be soon.

Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract 1 Litre
Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract 1 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Vanilla lover's heaven!, 20 Mar. 2014
I put vanilla in a lot of things, it's my favourite flavouring but the small bottles on offer in supermarkets are very expensive. This was the answer for me, good value for the exact same brand that I normally buy and enough that I can share with friends..........I just need to find small enough bottles!

Lunar Womens Espadrille Flats FLC270 Black 6 UK, 39 EU
Lunar Womens Espadrille Flats FLC270 Black 6 UK, 39 EU
Offered by GRS UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizing is very inaccurate, 20 Mar. 2014
I have problem feet and struggle to find comfort and style combined so when I saw these and they seemed to be wide fitting I decided to try them. I choose UK6 these days for my UK5.5 feet but these were so far from wide that I couldn't get either foot into a shoe. I exchanged them for a UK7 and they are still such a tight squeeze that I can't wear them so I don't know what on earth is going on with the sizing. I'm familiar with US -v- UK -v- European sizes so I don't think I'm confusing them. I'm spending a lot on return postage so this time I'll keep them and hope that I can gift them to someone with a narrow foot. Having said that, delivery was so prompt it was startling and the shoes are really pretty. It might just be me but I'm so tired of hunting through skimpy dead flat ballerinas, ugly flat heavyduty sandals, childish looking Mary Janes and skyscraper heels that I long for something more elegant. Just because I have to accommodate a bunion it doesn't mean that I'm prepared to wear ugly shoes.

Rose's Heavenly Cakes
Rose's Heavenly Cakes
by Rose Levy Beranbaum

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, 21 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Rose's Heavenly Cakes (Hardcover)
I bought this book as a Christmas gift and the recipient appears to be delighted with it. Happy Days indeed!

Hanes G139 Ladies Long Sleeved Polo Shirt Black XL
Hanes G139 Ladies Long Sleeved Polo Shirt Black XL

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of the sizing, 21 May 2013
I bought five different colours for summer wear, I like long sleeves as they can roll up but short sleeves are just short! I also chose XL for a comfortable summer fit but honestly, each one of them is about a size 12. If you need a large fit, they're not for you. I'm keeping them as they will make handly little gifts but it's back to shopping for a good fit for me. The sizing is way off, just way off.

Digital pill organizer - 4 alarms - 7 detachable compartments
Digital pill organizer - 4 alarms - 7 detachable compartments
Offered by iAuctionShop Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, i'm very pleased., 13 May 2013
Customer service was first class, with some practice the alarm device works fine but I deducted a star for poor fitting of the daily pill container; it falls off very easily and some day, I expect it to break when it hits the floor. Otherwise it's a very satisfactory purchase and I'm glad to have it.