Profile for S. J. Daly > Reviews

S. J. Daly

Blues Funeral
Blues Funeral

4.0 out of 5 stars Strange mixture but great, 19 April 2012
This review is from: Blues Funeral (Audio CD)
I loved this album from the very fiirst listen. It's a strange mixture of dirty blues and 80s electro pop, I know that sounds odd but please don't let it put you off. There are shades of the Dandy Warhols (which is never a bad thing). Keep an open mind and you won't be disappointed.

Fly Flot Fiore - Black - White Size 6 UK
Fly Flot Fiore - Black - White Size 6 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not great, 27 July 2009
This review is from: Fly Flot Fiore (Apparel)
These are kind of comfortable but I'm not keen on the ridge under the toes. As they're synthetic I wouldn't recommend them on a hot day as they're making my feet clammy already and it's not particularly warm today. Great for vegetarians who still yearn for a bit of cow print. Buy them if want a bit of fun.

Even Serpents Shine
Even Serpents Shine

4.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 27 July 2009
This review is from: Even Serpents Shine (Audio CD)
At last! I've been hunting for this album for years on CD and finally stumble across it in Amazon while bored one Monday morning. This takes me back to renting dodgey flats and having no money, when the only important thing was deciding which pub to go to on a Friday night. If you've never listened to the Only Ones treat yourself to this album. I have no pretensions to be a music journalist so can only say the vocals are comforting in their homeliness and unsingery delivery. The riffs are simple with no showing off, and the lyrics insightful. Go on, treat yourself.

The Happy Song
The Happy Song
Offered by LEWKS1973

5.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't get better than this..., 5 Oct 2006
This review is from: The Happy Song (Audio CD)
... for cheering you up on a dull day. After seeing the video once on a music channel it was engraved on my brain, and nows plays on a permanent loop. A fantastic song for doing the kind of dancing you only do when no one is around to see you. Instantly uplifting it needs to be played repeatedly on the radio until we're all dancing about and forgetting our cares.