Profile for Loulou > Reviews

Loulou

The UltraMind Solution: Fix Your Broken Brain by Healing Your Body First
The UltraMind Solution: Fix Your Broken Brain by Healing Your Body First
by Dr. Mark Hyman

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend this book - i'll never be without it. I constantly dip into it and it changed my health, weight and mental well being., 4 Sep 2014
i love this book, it's my new bible. Now well thumbed and constantly dipped into for advice and tips, whether for myself or for friends. I came off antidepressants (in a controlled and proper manner) after reading this book, i don't know at this stage whether i will manage to stay off them but this book gave me hope, education and i definitely felt more in control of my mind through nutrition and supplements. it has a snowball effect, once you start educating yourself about vitamins etc and the effect it has on your mind, how you think and how you feel, you will be encouraged to try little changes,... once those small changes are put into place you feel so much better that you start making more healthy choices.....i lost weight, people started commenting about how good i looked, i felt great and certainly didn't feel like i'd been dieting at all! It has to be said that when i started taking it for granted and slipping back into my old junk food/sugar addiction, i slipped back into feeling the 'blehs'.and the weight started creeping on again, absolute proof that food and nutrition is soooooo important - not just to your weight but how you feel. I just go back to the book and remind myself again of the facts i learned the first time round. Buy this book if you're depressed, try changing your diet, adding vitamins and minerals... you've nothing to loose and everything to gain. I would really recommend it and will never be without this book.

Thailand: 99 Travel Tips For Tourists & Backpackers
Thailand: 99 Travel Tips For Tourists & Backpackers

5.0 out of 5 stars Like having a blether with The Blether over a pint, great tips told in chatty way, full of good advice told with humour., 4 Sep 2014
Going off to Thailand soon so thought i'd have a look at this... it's written in a great non formal way, like having a chat with 'The Blether' (or for Scots, which i am..... a blether with The Blether) over a glass of beer. Great humour and tips in a short, concise style of writing. My partner downloaded the 50 scams too and thought it great.

Skechers Womens on-the-GO Chugga Schlupfstiefel  Brown Braun (CSNT) Size: 7 UK (40 EU)
Skechers Womens on-the-GO Chugga Schlupfstiefel Brown Braun (CSNT) Size: 7 UK (40 EU)
Offered by Planet Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars happy and snug! i dropped a size though., 4 Sep 2014
Item came promptly, is perfect in every way apart from the sizing. They're comfortable, easy to get on and off, will need sprayed with leather/suede protector before i can take them out on wet days but i've been wearing them in and around house and they are super comfortable. Luckily, i have experienced Skecher sizes being overly generous before so i knew to order 2 sizes. I'm normally a smallish 7 and the size 7 fitted in a very roomy way but i think in a couple of months they would've stretched to be too big and i would've needed thick socks. The size 6 is fine, comfortable, fit's snug with thin socks but i'm confident they will stretch. I would recommend these, i love them.

The Afterlife of Billy Fingers
The Afterlife of Billy Fingers

2.0 out of 5 stars If it brings comfort...great but...., 13 Aug 2014
This might be a comforting read but personally I don't believe it for a moment. I believe that there is an after life but it's not this version! There are too many contradictions to mention, but Billy slightly lusting after celestial female bodies, the citing of beliefs, traditions and faiths created/belonging to man (with his meagre brain usage and understanding) as existing in the after life, the interfering in people's destiny (ie. Drink green tea, AA etc) just doesn't sit with me. Higher consciousness truths are wordless, unexplainable to mere humans....I think the basic bench mark would be...if it can be told, written and more importantly understood by our human brains...it's not the TRUTH. The truths of the universe and the after life are too huge, too infinitely unfathomable to us in this existence for us to comprehend...and this is exactly how it's supposed to be. Having said all this, I must reiterate that this story may well bring comfort and is well meaning.

We Were Liars
We Were Liars

4.0 out of 5 stars Different, 6 Aug 2014
This review is from: We Were Liars (Kindle Edition)
Didn't know what to expect and didn't see the storyline coming...which is always nice! So many stories are predictable, this wasn't and it's written so artistically. I really enjoyed it and I've read a LOT of stories!

Klorane Silver Highlights Shampoo with Centaurea Extract for Grey/White Hair 200ml
Offered by Escentual

5.0 out of 5 stars If Heaven has a scent...., 20 July 2014
If Heaven has a scent it will be the scent of this shampoo!.... absolutely lovely scent which lingers in hair and shampoo so gentle that i can miss out conditioner. Would highly recommend.

See You In My Dreams
See You In My Dreams

2.0 out of 5 stars just no, 4 Jan 2013
i have to say that i found the storyline weak with lots of loose ends. the characters were also lacking in any real depth discription or purpose. i persevered to the end but wish i hadnt bothered.

The Hedge Druid
The Hedge Druid

1.0 out of 5 stars the hedge druid, 14 July 2012
This review is from: The Hedge Druid (Kindle Edition)
I'm sorry to say that i found this very self indulgent... as if i was reading someones personal log which serves me no purpose. it's very "I" orientated. Hopefully this might serve as constructive critisism for following editions. Sorry again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2013 4:03 PM BST

How to Get a Grip
How to Get a Grip
by Matthew Kimberley

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, funny and life changing - especially great for blokes!, 25 Oct 2011
This review is from: How to Get a Grip (Paperback)
I read this on my Kindle but ordered the paper version because it was so good i wanted others to read it. It's written in a very blokey no nonsense way, is very easy and amusing to read but still filled with all the insights and motivation that the airy fairy self books are usually filled with. I'm a woman but i still apreciated the no nonsense, non soppy approach of self help. I was laughing out loud and reading parts to my other half which made him laugh too.... which is a first when it comes to self help stuff!! This will be a great present or book for someone who is definately not into nampy pampy self help (ie. blokes!!!)i've bought one for my teenage son and lazy bloke friend's xmas! The information in the book is really helpful, could really turn someones life around for the best but the information is delivered in such an amusing laid back way that makes it fun to read.