Profile for Richard Alberg > Reviews

Content by Richard Alberg

Richard Alberg (Stanmore, Middx, GB)

The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine
The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 5 Jan. 2014
It all seems so obvious as one progresses through the book. And yet at the time it clearly wasn't. It is not just a fascinating insight into real and recent happenings but also a parable for future investors and regulators.

Cloudseller NEW iPhone 5/5S/5C CHARGER LEAD HIGH QUALITY USB DATA CABLE- 8 Pin - APPLE IPHONE 5/5S/5C, IPOD TOUCH 5 NANO 7 IPAD MINI

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made and unreliable, 8 Dec. 2013
I was taken in by the vendor's claims that some of the bad reviews were due to people buying counterfeit cables. Within a week charging became unreliable and the cable is already detaching from the USB plug. I doubt I will get much more than a month more of functionality. Best to avoid.

EVOC CC 6l - Lightweight backpack PERFOMANCE 6 Liters - Petroleum Black black Size:20x46x7

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and comfortable, 12 Oct. 2013
An excellent rucksack. It is well made and comfortable and has a good set of pockets for storage of small items.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and effective, 8 Sept. 2013
Inserted it and it simply works. This is what I wanted from the card. No hassle reliability. Happy to recommend.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars It charges my MacBook Air and it cost a lot less than the Apple charger, 8 Sept. 2013
I was drawn to this by the price as the Apple unit seems excessively priced. On the plus side it does the job and charges my MacBook Air. However the chunky design means that it only fits in sockets where there is a fair bit of surrounding space. This has meant I cannot use it in some floor boxes and also on some train sockets. It would have been far better to have a plug and cable leading to the transformer rather than the transformer and plug all being one.

I also get a slight buzzing through the Air frame when it is being charged with this adaptor. I don't get this when using the adaptor from another MacBook. I think this is to do with the quality of earthing.

If I have to buy another adaptor I will spend a bit more next time and get something better.

BBB Fiber Cage Water Bottle Holder - 22g, Carbon
BBB Fiber Cage Water Bottle Holder - 22g, Carbon

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and attractive design, 8 Sept. 2013
I don't know whether I needed to get such a light-weight holder. However, I have a light-weight road bike and the holder suits it. I have found it easy to use. My bottle both slides in and is removed easily which are what I purchased this for. So if you are happy paying a bit more for a light-weight holder this does the trick.

Camelbak Podium Big Chill Bottle - Clear/Blue, 750ml
Camelbak Podium Big Chill Bottle - Clear/Blue, 750ml
Offered by LUXSAL

4.0 out of 5 stars A good water bottle, 8 Sept. 2013
I am not sure what it offers that justifies its premium price. Perhaps over time this will become apparent. For the moment it does the trick as a water bottle on my bike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick, 8 Sept. 2013
I wanted a horn that would be heard. This certainly qualifies. It was easy to fit and does not look obtrusive on my bike.

Tenn 8 Panel Viper Professional Cycling Shorts with Superior Pad  	Waist 36-38" - XL Black
Tenn 8 Panel Viper Professional Cycling Shorts with Superior Pad Waist 36-38" - XL Black
Offered by Tenn Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, 8 Sept. 2013
These are comfortable shorts. I have used them on several multi hour journeys without discomfort or chafing. Good value as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just does the job, 8 Sept. 2013
I opened the box, plugged it in and just left it running 24/7 as a Time Machine backup unit. It is quiet and simply works. Meanwhile the price was excellent.