Profile for Beryl Powell > Reviews

Beryl Powell

Netflix
Netflix

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 14 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Netflix  (App)
Sorry, haven't used it yet but am sure all will be well when I do

Shooter [Blu-ray] [2007]
Shooter [Blu-ray] [2007]
Dvd ~ Mark Wahlberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Shooter, 16 May 2014
This review is from: Shooter [Blu-ray] [2007] (Blu-ray)
For anyone who likes a good rip roaring thriller, this is ex'cellent. Mark Wahlberg would have been a much better choice to play Jack Reacher in One Shot - he's an excellent tough and hard on-the-side-of-good-over-evil kind of guy.

Robot & Frank [DVD]
Robot & Frank [DVD]
Dvd ~ Frank Langella

3.0 out of 5 stars Robot and Frank, 16 May 2014
This review is from: Robot & Frank [DVD] (DVD)
I was looking forward to seeing this but I can't say I found it very good. Was disappointed. I thought it was bland, flat, not very amusing and boring.

The Gathering Storm [DVD] [2002]
The Gathering Storm [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Albert Finney

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gathering Storm, 16 May 2014
Brilliant docu-story and excellent performances by all actors. I would think the research of the event is pretty close to actual.

Sony 4GB MP3 Player with Clip and USB Connection - Black
Sony 4GB MP3 Player with Clip and USB Connection - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 16 May 2014
I do a lot of travelling and, to date, I've had to carry a CD Walkman disc player, batteries and assorted discs to play my audio books (not music). I like to listen to audio books which I have ripped from purchased discs to my computer (perfectly legal and within my rights). However, because the MP3 product information does not specify that the audio discs are copyright protected, I find that they won't copy across to this MP3 player. So ordering this has been a complete waste of time. Therefore anyone who, like me, prefers books to music all the time, beware of this restriction - I am sorely disappointed

The Stranger House
The Stranger House
by Reginald Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars The Stranger House, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Stranger House (Paperback)
This is an excellent read. It's not a Daziel and Pascoe which I'm not too fond of. I found this story line really compeling

Mrs Caldicot's Cabbage War [DVD] [2002]
Mrs Caldicot's Cabbage War [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Pauline Collins
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs Caldicot's Cabbage War, 5 Nov. 2013
I loved it. I always enjoy Pauline Collins and John Alderton and it's a very gentle and amusing, but, probably popular, view of Care Homes for the elderly.