Profile for Mr Big > Reviews

Room 237 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rodney Ascher
Offered by skyvo-direct

1.0 out of 5 stars One year of waiting=massive disappointment, 1 April 2013
This review is from: Room 237 [DVD] (DVD)
I don't often feel moved to write any reviews these days, but I just had to let anyone who's thinking of actually buying this docu to not do so.
I was expecting this to be somewhat amazing, esp. given the 95% RT review, so I was totally flabbergasted when it turned out to be utter tripe!
The commentators are all nut-jobs (apart from Jay Weidner, who is the only one who has anything cogent to say, & yet is only given 5mins of talk time), so much so, that I fell asleep twice before reaching the end. I could easily have made this film myself, by getting a few mates around for beers & recording us talking about the Shining with any random thoughts that came into our heads.
If anyone reading this wants to read anything into the Shining at all, I strongly urge u to watch The Shining Code 2, which is available freely on youtube, or have a look at one of the many sites devoted to the subject. The people featured in this film have nothing more than one random fact to throw at us each & spend the rest of their time telling us their thoughts on utterly ridiculous observations that are mostly laughable for even the most ardent conspiracy theorist. In fact, the lot of them give conspiracy theorists bad name!
Quite honestly, one of the most boring movies ever made.
Thank me later.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2013 7:38 PM BST

Smallville: Score From The Complete Series
Smallville: Score From The Complete Series

2.0 out of 5 stars Theme Tunes?, 17 May 2012
I live off TV & Movie scores, but this is the first I've ever listened to which doesn't include even one of the (end-credits) themes! Astonishing!

The Falsification of History: Our Distorted Reality
The Falsification of History: Our Distorted Reality

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Reading for the World, 27 April 2012
Just wanted to say, "Thank you, John"! I saw both your interviews on 'Edge' & know that you've researched this book for 10yrs, & should be commended for doing so!
I'm also a researcher (of sorts) on these type of things & I was looking forward immensely to your book finally coming out.
I was aware of most things in the book, however, even though I've only read several sections thus far there have been more than a few tid-bits of info that I'm glad have now been brought to my attention, plus a number of topics that I hadn't heard of or simply had never thought to investigate before.

To those who have an interest in any conspiracy-related material, this is a veritable encyclopedia & a definite must read.
To those who haven't heard of any of this stuff before, I urge you to read this book asap as it will totally blow your mind!
That said. I can easily imagine the newbee reading this & thinking the author is a complete & utter nut-job, but once one starts to research it for oneself, one gradually begins to 'wake up' to the fact that the falsification of history is exactly what has happened & continues to happen in this world.

It'd probably take me another 10yrs to comment on everything in the book or indeed try & convince any of the uninitiated that this stuff is real. What I will say though, is that this book should be given out to every student, in every school, in every country around the world; in an effort to combat the rubbish we grow up & live our entire lives believing. I, for one, wish I'd been handed this book when I was in my formative years, but am also glad that I eventually 'woke up' of my own accord. If everyone on the planet read this book a lot of the awful things that are going on in this world might begin to change, after all knowledge is power. At very least anyone reading this book will have food for thought & just may start to ask a few more questions.

John, once again I thank you for your work & dedication to this/these subject(s), & I will promote your book whenever & wherever I go in the world to everyone I meet.

Sony Walkman NWZ-W262 W262BLK 2GB Wearable Water Resistant MP3 Player, BLACK
Sony Walkman NWZ-W262 W262BLK 2GB Wearable Water Resistant MP3 Player, BLACK

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost Amazing, 8 Feb 2012
I had bought the original release of this walkman years ago, & it was/is one of the best things I've ever bought.
This newer model, being smaller (& black), I had even higher hopes for.
Unfortunately, I've had to deduct three stars, coz unlike the original - which would NOT ever pop out of my ears (no matter what) -
this newer model does, & it happens every few minutes too!
I far prefer the new design/size, & initially I thought - because they strap closer over ones ears - that it'd be even more
secure. But I soon released that even the slightest movement of one's head dislodges the (largest) earbuds & (due to the new design) pop
out of your ears!
It cannot be overestimated how annoying this is, & has ruined the whole product for me.
I'll have to suffice with using my originals for the gym, & these for walking around elsewhere whilst having to adjust them every 2mins or less!
Massive shame!
Also, these stupidly dangle around when not being used, apart from a crummy plastic fastener (which you wouldn't want to carry around as it's likely to get lost). The original magnetic clamper to fix the two phones together was a far superior way of keeping them tidy when not in use.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2012 11:59 AM BST

Chinese Cooli - Straw Hat
Chinese Cooli - Straw Hat
Offered by Fancy Dressed Party

2.0 out of 5 stars 3rd time lucky..., 8 Feb 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Chinese Cooli - Straw Hat (Toy)
This hat came late, folded in half(!) & just after a direct comparison with the other "CooliE" hat on this site is terrible!
Due to being scrunched up for delivery, it doesn't sit correctly & also looks plain rubbish.
I've been there & tried the real McCoy, so I know.
Go for the other one on Amazon, which for 50p more is far, far superior! (Yes, I bought both)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 12, 2013 4:46 AM BST

MENS CHINESE COOLIE STRAW HAT FOR FANCY DRESS COSTUME
MENS CHINESE COOLIE STRAW HAT FOR FANCY DRESS COSTUME
Offered by I LOVE FANCY DRESS

5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd time lucky..., 8 Feb 2012
This hat came in very good time, inside a big box to keep it pristine, & looks great!
I've been there & tried the real McCoy, so I know.
Go for the THIS one on Amazon, which for 50p more is far, far superior to the other one sold here (which is rubbish)!

Rubies Costume Co. V for Vendetta Mask
Rubies Costume Co. V for Vendetta Mask
Offered by MI-EShop.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a Budget, 13 Dec 2011
Bought this last week for £7 & already they've put the price up a lot, for some reason.
I directly compared both this official cheap version & the official deluxe version before buying.
My conclusion was that aside from this one being slightly larger (not a bad thing - coz I've got a big head), having dark circles around the eyes (unlike the movie version) & that it doesn't have material covering the eyes (like the deluxe version & movie), this mask is well worth the money.
Intitally, I was a little perturbed as mine was asymmetrical & is generally roughly cut around the edges (minus a star), but after successfully bending back the larger side of the mask, it now looks okay & I'm happy.
My advice is, unless you're a real die-hard fan (which I almost am), then it's not worth paying a lot more for the deluxe model, as there are almost no noticeable differences.
Both of the official versions have larger eyes than the movie version & I don't think the deluxe version is any closer to that one that this cheaper version.
Personally, I've just used the money I saved from not buying the deluxe version to get a resin bronze version, which will not doubt look a lot cooler & more striking.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2012 3:38 AM GMT

iGadgitz Black Genuine Leather Book Style Case Cover for Sony Portable Digital eReader PRS-300 Pocket Edition (Not suitable for new PRS-350)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, 26 Oct 2011
Very good quality product for a fraction that the rip-off brands charge you. I used mine with a SOVOS, & although not designed for that, with a little adjusting, I'm more than satisfied for the price.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Wrong colours, 26 Oct 2011
Good T-shirt on the whole, but I ordered the Khaki colour which WAS supposed have a black font, but arrived with white. It's not the end of the world, but it does make the wording rather harder to read, esp. from a distance. BTW, for the same price, one can order one's own personalised T-shirt off the web where one could be certain of the font & colour there of. (wish I would have realised this fact before purchase).

Rufus Roo: The BIG POCKET Travel Jacket in BLACK Black Zip - Large size (STEALTH)

4.0 out of 5 stars Going to come in handy, 26 Oct 2011
Since buying this product, although I haven't actually tried filling it up yet, I can't help but think that it might turn out to be one of the most useful purchases ever.
Apart from the total obvious, i.e. travelling on planes, I thought I'd probably also be using it for going down the gym, shopping (now that one has to pay for shopping bags), & a host of other situations where it'd either help or totally eliminate the need to actually carry other bags, etc. Once abroad, I can fully imagine donning this product every day of my life, even if for nothing else than storing my e-reader in under my coat. Incidentally, the guy in the photos must be pretty small, as I'm not 'that' big & the large-size fits me like a big waist coat. Being extremely light, it's ideal for wearing under one's clothes/coat. I deducted one star though, as I simply don't think they should be charging £30+ for the product. For what it is, it's not worth any more than £20, despite what it may or may not save you in the long run. Nevertheless, as long as the product doesn't fall apart upon use, I envisage being extremely happy with my purchase. BTW, black with black zips is the only way to go.

Page: 1 | 2