Profile for Mr Big > Reviews

Content by Mr Big

Mr Big (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
VonCloud Sleep Mask / Eye Mask Ultra Comfortable & Lightweight Contoured Sleeping Mask Includes FREE Ear Plugs and Travel Pouch
Offered by VonCloud

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Pricy, 19 Mar. 2016
Can't help but think this product is overpriced, as I bought one at the same time from China for a 6th the price which was more comfortable & blocked out more light. I thought having the gap for your nose on this model would be beneficial, but despite having the smallest nose you've ever seen on a guy, it not only puts pressure on the bridge of your nose, but also has a tendency to slip up your face unless strapped on uncomfortably tight. It's still a decent enough product, but the useless carry bag & box doesn't justify the expense. The buds supplied were exactly the same as given with the Chinese model too & that cost me under £1.50 & was better overall.

Sleeping Eye Mask Blindfold w/ Earplugs Shade Travel Sleep
Sleeping Eye Mask Blindfold w/ Earplugs Shade Travel Sleep
Offered by The Little Market Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value Product, 19 Mar. 2016
Took a chance on this at the same time as ordering the VonCloud version so that I could compare. Despite the VonCloud being about 6 times the price, I actually prefer this one, as the nose piece blocks out more light & is more comfortable with more padding. Just a slight shame it takes a good month to arrive from China. Great value, if u can bare the wait.

Cateck Ultra Slim 4-Port USB 3.0 Data Hub with a Built-in 1.3ft / 40cm USB 3.0 Cable
Offered by Cateck Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Malfunctioning out of the box., 19 Mar. 2016
Bought this with a new external HDD. At first I thought my HDD was a dud, but it turned out to be this cheap & nasty little item. Tested it on about 5+ different HDDs, big, small, USB3 & 2, & all after a few minutes lost their connection but their icons stayed up on my computer even after being disconnected. It actually came very close to messing a bunch of my preciouis HDDs up permanently. Sorry to say, but this is one of the only products I've ever bought from Amazon that simply didn't work at all.

Samsung 32 GB Evo MicroSDHC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card without Adapter
Samsung 32 GB Evo MicroSDHC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card without Adapter

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose., 19 Mar. 2016
I've had this in my phone as an external card for a year now. I just upgraded to Android Marshmallow & went to use this card as internal memory. Despite it being grade 1 (which even the internet said should work), my phone tells me that this card is slow & that from now on my apps, etc. will stutter, etc. NOT GOOD ENOUGH! I also noticed upon backingup the card beforehand that the transfer speed was 10mb/s tops, not the 49 claimed. Suffice it to say, these cards are a total rip off & a lie, & to make matters even worse now, I'm stuck with a slow phone. Be warned.

Room 237 [DVD]
Room 237 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rodney Ascher
Offered by skyvo-direct

1.0 out of 5 stars One year of waiting=massive disappointment, 1 April 2013
This review is from: Room 237 [DVD] (DVD)
I don't often feel moved to write any reviews these days, but I just had to let anyone who's thinking of actually buying this docu to not do so.
I was expecting this to be somewhat amazing, esp. given the 95% RT review, so I was totally flabbergasted when it turned out to be utter tripe!
The commentators are all nut-jobs (apart from Jay Weidner, who is the only one who has anything cogent to say, & yet is only given 5mins of talk time), so much so, that I fell asleep twice before reaching the end. I could easily have made this film myself, by getting a few mates around for beers & recording us talking about the Shining with any random thoughts that came into our heads.
If anyone reading this wants to read anything into the Shining at all, I strongly urge u to watch The Shining Code 2, which is available freely on youtube, or have a look at one of the many sites devoted to the subject. The people featured in this film have nothing more than one random fact to throw at us each & spend the rest of their time telling us their thoughts on utterly ridiculous observations that are mostly laughable for even the most ardent conspiracy theorist. In fact, the lot of them give conspiracy theorists bad name!
Quite honestly, one of the most boring movies ever made.
Thank me later.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2013 7:38 PM BST

Smallville: Score From The Complete Series
Smallville: Score From The Complete Series

2.0 out of 5 stars Theme Tunes?, 17 May 2012
I live off TV & Movie scores, but this is the first I've ever listened to which doesn't include even one of the (end-credits) themes! Astonishing!

The Falsification of History: Our Distorted Reality
The Falsification of History: Our Distorted Reality

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Reading for the World, 27 April 2012
Just wanted to say, "Thank you, John"! I saw both your interviews on 'Edge' & know that you've researched this book for 10yrs, & should be commended for doing so!
I'm also a researcher (of sorts) on these type of things & I was looking forward immensely to your book finally coming out.
I was aware of most things in the book, however, even though I've only read several sections thus far there have been more than a few tid-bits of info that I'm glad have now been brought to my attention, plus a number of topics that I hadn't heard of or simply had never thought to investigate before.

To those who have an interest in any conspiracy-related material, this is a veritable encyclopedia & a definite must read.
To those who haven't heard of any of this stuff before, I urge you to read this book asap as it will totally blow your mind!
That said. I can easily imagine the newbee reading this & thinking the author is a complete & utter nut-job, but once one starts to research it for oneself, one gradually begins to 'wake up' to the fact that the falsification of history is exactly what has happened & continues to happen in this world.

It'd probably take me another 10yrs to comment on everything in the book or indeed try & convince any of the uninitiated that this stuff is real. What I will say though, is that this book should be given out to every student, in every school, in every country around the world; in an effort to combat the rubbish we grow up & live our entire lives believing. I, for one, wish I'd been handed this book when I was in my formative years, but am also glad that I eventually 'woke up' of my own accord. If everyone on the planet read this book a lot of the awful things that are going on in this world might begin to change, after all knowledge is power. At very least anyone reading this book will have food for thought & just may start to ask a few more questions.

John, once again I thank you for your work & dedication to this/these subject(s), & I will promote your book whenever & wherever I go in the world to everyone I meet.

Sony Walkman NWZ-W262 W262BLK 2GB Wearable Water Resistant MP3 Player, BLACK
Sony Walkman NWZ-W262 W262BLK 2GB Wearable Water Resistant MP3 Player, BLACK

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost Amazing, 8 Feb. 2012
I had bought the original release of this walkman years ago, & it was/is one of the best things I've ever bought.
This newer model, being smaller (& black), I had even higher hopes for.
Unfortunately, I've had to deduct three stars, coz unlike the original - which would NOT ever pop out of my ears (no matter what) -
this newer model does, & it happens every few minutes too!
I far prefer the new design/size, & initially I thought - because they strap closer over ones ears - that it'd be even more
secure. But I soon released that even the slightest movement of one's head dislodges the (largest) earbuds & (due to the new design) pop
out of your ears!
It cannot be overestimated how annoying this is, & has ruined the whole product for me.
I'll have to suffice with using my originals for the gym, & these for walking around elsewhere whilst having to adjust them every 2mins or less!
Massive shame!
Also, these stupidly dangle around when not being used, apart from a crummy plastic fastener (which you wouldn't want to carry around as it's likely to get lost). The original magnetic clamper to fix the two phones together was a far superior way of keeping them tidy when not in use.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2012 11:59 AM BST

Hat Straw Chinese Coolie for Fancy Dress Party Accessory
Hat Straw Chinese Coolie for Fancy Dress Party Accessory
Offered by Selo Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars 3rd time lucky..., 8 Feb. 2012
This hat came late, folded in half(!) & just after a direct comparison with the other "CooliE" hat on this site is terrible!
Due to being scrunched up for delivery, it doesn't sit correctly & also looks plain rubbish.
I've been there & tried the real McCoy, so I know.
Go for the other one on Amazon, which for 50p more is far, far superior! (Yes, I bought both)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 12, 2013 4:46 AM BST

MENS CHINESE COOLIE STRAW HAT FOR FANCY DRESS COSTUME
MENS CHINESE COOLIE STRAW HAT FOR FANCY DRESS COSTUME

5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd time lucky..., 8 Feb. 2012
This hat came in very good time, inside a big box to keep it pristine, & looks great!
I've been there & tried the real McCoy, so I know.
Go for the THIS one on Amazon, which for 50p more is far, far superior to the other one sold here (which is rubbish)!

Page: 1 | 2