Profile for Kathy > Reviews

Content by Kathy

Kathy

miniWINDER No More Tangled Earphones! Retractable, Spring Loaded, Automatic Earphone Cable Winder - Clear with Purple

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit headphones!, 8 Jan. 2015
It is simply too small to fit the cable for my fairly standard JVC headphones, a fundamentally flawed design in my opinion. Also it makes a very noisy clicking sound when in use, which is not to my taste.

Humax Freeview playback Digital TV Recorder PVR-9150T 160GB Twin Tuner PVR
Humax Freeview playback Digital TV Recorder PVR-9150T 160GB Twin Tuner PVR

5.0 out of 5 stars A happy mother, 1 Dec. 2011
I used to have a Humax freeview box, and now have a Humax Freesat box, so when my mother needed a digital box, I didn't hesitate telling her to get a PVR, and specifically this one. It actually broke after a month, which of course was my fault, however Amazon quickly dispatched a new one and this time it worked faultlessly, so I now have a happy mother again.

KitchenAid Silicone Mixing Spatula
KitchenAid Silicone Mixing Spatula

5.0 out of 5 stars Best spatula you'll get for your KitchenAid, 1 Dec. 2011
You've spent a lot of cash on your nice KitchenAid mixer so don't get a cheap spatula, get one that perfectly fits the bowl, is well built and comes in a matching colour.

Western Digital Caviar Blue  500GB SATAII  16MB Cache 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive OEM WD5000AAKS
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATAII 16MB Cache 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive OEM WD5000AAKS

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst hard disk I've ever owned, 1 Dec. 2011
Was OK at first, but then got several bad sectors, causing Windows to hang and write lots of errors to the event log, and even though I've run the repair CD several times it keeps getting more, I had to replace it as my main drive after just over a year, but I kept it as an internal backup drive, but it still gets bad blocks, and now has started causing Windows 7 to blue screen, so it's for the bin, not good enough.

Creative Inspire T3100 Speakers
Creative Inspire T3100 Speakers

1.0 out of 5 stars Have irritating ticking noise after a while, 1 Dec. 2011
I work on my PC from home and often have the radio playing through my PC speakers all day, these were OK in the mornings, but by the afternoons they would start making ticking noises, which are so irritating I had to turn them off. They did this since new, now I use a real radio, so rarely turn these on any more, I know I should have just returned them, but these were a replacement for even worse speakers, so I just couldn't be bothered.

Logitech OEM Deluxe 250 Keyboard Black, PS/2 connection
Logitech OEM Deluxe 250 Keyboard Black, PS/2 connection

1.0 out of 5 stars Best avoided, 1 Dec. 2011
I know it's cheap, but it has Logitech's name on it, so I thought it couldn't be too bad. I was wrong, it is very flimsy, I'm surprised they put their name on this sort of stuff, I'll certainly treat the Logitech name with suspicion from now on. Binned it after a few months, as the stickers come off the frequently used keys (though this seems a common fault with keyboards these days) and it was too cheap to be bothered getting a refund, and I certainly didn't want a replacement.

IPhone 3G Custom-made Dedicated Windscreen Mount Car Holder - Star-E-Shop
IPhone 3G Custom-made Dedicated Windscreen Mount Car Holder - Star-E-Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Too long and wobbly, 1 Dec. 2011
Holds the iPhone fine, and sticks to the windscreen well, but the arm is a bit too long which causes the phone to wobble about a lot on our awful road surfaces.

Secret Files: Tunguska (Wii)
Secret Files: Tunguska (Wii)
Offered by FUN-N-MORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Best adventure on the Wii, 1 Dec. 2011
We've played a few, and this is the best adventure game we've done on the Wii. Generally good story, though she can be a bit dim sometimes walking into obviously dodgy situations. If you're thinking about it, it's worth a go.

Evil Under the Sun (Wii)
Evil Under the Sun (Wii)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good old fashioned game, 1 Dec. 2011
Old fashioned type of point and click adventure game, generally good fun played with a few people as you can talk about it and discuss what to try next etc, though I wouldn't play it alone. Also there are no short-cuts to get from place to place, so it can be a bit tedious having to wander through lots of intermediate screens to get to where you want to go.
The story is obviously based on the book, so if you've read it or more likely seen it on TV then this will help you.

Friedland Dusk til Dawn Mini Alarm MA12
Friedland Dusk til Dawn Mini Alarm MA12
Offered by DELTA TOOL CO

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 1 Dec. 2011
The electrical contacts which are meant to touch the light fitting are smaller than those on a standard bulb, and not correctly aligned, so when you put this in the light socked it fails to make any contact unless you stand on a ladder holding it in at a weird angle. Tried it in several different sockets, same problem in each one, so this is definitely a problem with this product (or at least the one I got) however I do have an old house, so you may have more luck if you have newer light sockets. Top marks to the seller though for giving a full refund, but why they sell this junk at all I don't know.