Profile for I. Wheatley > Reviews

Sony MDRMA300.AE Home Headphones
Sony MDRMA300.AE Home Headphones
Offered by K.K. Electronics
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound quality for a set of phones for less than 30., 6 Sep 2012
Needed a good set of budget headphones for pluging into my guitar amp so as not to disturb my neighbours and also for occasional use through my hi-fi system. Returned a set of Panasonic phones due to very poor sound quality and after reading reviews it came down to the Sennheiser 201s or these Sonys. Went for the Sonys and when I got them home was totaly blown away by the quality of sound they produce, crystal clear across the whole sound spectrum, they must be the best budget phones on the market, buy them, you wont be dissappointed, highly recommended.

Panasonic RP-HT225E-K Monitor Headphones with XBS - Black
Panasonic RP-HT225E-K Monitor Headphones with XBS - Black
Price: 11.80

1.0 out of 5 stars Spend a few pound more you wont be sorry., 6 Sep 2012
Needed a set of phones for mainly connecting to my guitar amp so as not to disturb my neighbours and also for occasional use when listening to music through my hi-fi. What a disappointment these were. Cloudy and muddy does not begin to describe the sound they produce, truly awful. They were returned and exchanged for a set of Sony MDR-MA300, what a transformation, crystal clear all across the sound spectrum, the best low price phones (30) going in my opinion, so my advice is spend a few quid more and you will not regret it.

The Singer's Singer: The Life and Music of Matt Monro
The Singer's Singer: The Life and Music of Matt Monro
by Michele Monro

3.0 out of 5 stars The Singers Singer, what a disappointment., 13 Oct 2011
The date was 16th June 1969 and my late wife and I were honeymooning in London. I asked our hotel receptionist to reserve us a table at the Talk Of The Town, not having a clue who was headlining, it was of course Matt and it was a magical evening, he gained two lifelong fans from that night onwards. But back to the book. As previous reviewers have pointed out it reads too much like a diary and Michelle would have been well advised to seek the services of a professional editor, there are to many instances of "became friends for life" and "rolling about in fits of laughter" showing to my mind an imature writing style and making for a tedious read. Sorry to put a downer on a book about possibly one of the finest singers this country has produced in years but its how I feel and there are many who will disagree with my opinion, I just feel that such a great singer deserved a better epitaph.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2014 9:30 PM BST

Krusell BlackBerry Bold Orbit Case
Krusell BlackBerry Bold Orbit Case
Offered by theWireless USA
Price: 3.89

1.0 out of 5 stars Blackberry Bold 9000, 20 May 2010
First the plus points, decent quality leather and reasonable protection. The big flaw is Krusells much vaunted Multiadapt system. It relys on a very flimsy retaining clip on the rear of the case, mine broke after just two weeks, rendering the system totally useless so the phone is reduced to being stuck in a pocket or bag resulting in many missed calls. These cases are not cheap so this problem needs to be addressed by Krusell.