Profile for K. King > Reviews

Content by K. King

K. King (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Western Digital WD10EADS Caviar Green 1TB 3.5-inch OEM Internal Hard Drive (SATAII, 32MB Cache, Green Power)
Offered by Xtreme_Drives

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent drives., 14 Aug. 2009
I have used WD Caviar Green drives before. I liked the fact that they adjust spindle speed to reduce power consumption. As a result I knew I could just upgrade my PCs two smaller drives safe in the knowledge that my PSU would handle it with no problems. These feel like well built drives and the "Green" effect means that they are also quiet and do not generate a great deal of heat whilst in use. I have them quietly spinning away in my PC as I type, having put Windows on one within minutes of leaving the box!

I was concerned having read some quite negative reviews relating to the hard drives packaging, or rather the lack of it. However I was keen to buy at the price and thought I would take the risk. I wasnt disappointed. My drives turned up in separate boxes with three layers of foam in each and an anti-static bag(I have added 2 pics to illustrate). I believe that Amazon and their suppliers have taken note of peoples obvious disapproval and corrected their past errors. So packaging good, and a fast delivery!

Well thats it really very happy, so far anyway. I trust their reliability because my WD experiences have all been good and they are SO simple to install nothing could go wrong. These are exactly what I wanted; reliable, larger scale storage for my home PC at a great price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2010 9:45 AM GMT

Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)
Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 8 Aug. 2009
I wanted a change from Symantec and McAfee and at this price I would have been silly not to. I have fully covered my home(1xPC,1xLaptop and 1xNetbook) for under twenty quid. The user interface is friendly and easy to understand. Dont let the fact that it is 2009 put you off with 2010 on the market this is ONE YEARS worth of full Kaspersky protection with updates and technical support. It is a suite so includes all the major components you would expect to see including antivirus and firewall. At least I can rest easy for another 365 days!

Keith Lemon's Very Brilliant World Tour [DVD]
Keith Lemon's Very Brilliant World Tour [DVD]
Dvd ~ Leigh Francis
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud funny., 8 Aug. 2009
This DVD had me laughing(...and cringing)throughout. He is a very fun, entertaining character to watch and totally original. I would recommend this DVD to anyone, great for a night in.

Everlast Xtra Strength Hand Grips
Everlast Xtra Strength Hand Grips

4.0 out of 5 stars No splinters!, 8 Aug. 2009
I have been using these for a while now, they are comfortable to grip and offer a fair level of resistance. They are well finished and the light varnish prevents any splinters.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and price!, 8 Aug. 2009
I bought this trainer for two reasons price and quality. I certainly wasnt let down. It is a very budget trainer but has all of the quality that you would associate with Asics. I have bought this trainer and used it without problem on a variety of running surfaces. They are wearing well and were very comfortable straight from day one. My last trainer was New Balance and I dont think I will be changing from Asics anytime soon.

Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 1TB  USB 2.0 External Hard Drive
Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 1TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain Storage, 8 Aug. 2009
I have bought two of these to date and would certainly consider this item again if storage becomes an issue. I use one as a network drive at home and the other to archive data. It does what it does perfectly well, without much noise or heat. It operates speedily with nice blue light on the front for those who like pretty bits of hardware.
One thing I believe to be missing is an on/off switch. Although this is certainly not essential as it has a standby mode after a period of inactivity.
This drive has a lot of BYTE for your buck, which i think is important. And with Western Digital you can certainly trust the name. I have several smaller WD passports as well as internal 3.5's in my PC and have never had any problems with reliability.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3